What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Parramatta Eels - The 2nd Most Dangerous Team In The Comp

Swiftstylez

Bench
Don't worry, Swiftstyles was planning to jump to the storm and try to take proper eels fans with him :lol:

He is a bandwagoner. When things get tough, he will leave.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Joke

I'm referring to both METSM and you.

I own the last three Eels jerseys and have never changed teams.

Also METSM, if you actually read it properly, was about getting rid of the crybaby Eels fans that wanted a better team to support in the Storm.

LTR.

(LEARN TO READ)

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=210482&highlight=METSM

You may have to read the whole thing to understand, probably a few times over just because it's you.

I may be talking myself up, but at least I can back it up.

Last edited:

big boppa eel

Juniors
There is a good chance the Eels halves will be caught out sooner or later, too inexperienced.

Place plenty of pressure on them and there is a very good chance they will crumble.

Far from home are the Eels
Not in defence, they are great defenders which is a massive plus for the team.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I would like to turn your attention to what you probably already know. Unless the eels slip up somewhere along the line leading up to the finals, this year is going to be rather interesting and go down in history as one of the biggest comebacks in modern rugby league history.

I would also like to turn your attention to another fact. No this is not mere speculation my friends, this is potent stone cold fact which may be hard for many of you to swallow. I don't want to count the Eels before they hatch, but since the Rooster has stopped laying eggs, it is time to get on your hands and knees and cower before the blue and gold army.

Let us run you through why this is the case.

Dragons - The most lethal team in the competition. This is not debatable and they are the benchmark of this year.

Bulldogs - We absolutely dominated them a few weeks ago. They could not penetrate our solid wall of defense, and we repelled numerous sets of six in a row on our own goal line. We held them to single digits and played a decent attacking game of our own. Bulldogs are fading and one of the biggest myths in the competition right now. Whilst I'm sure they can beat many of the hapless teams this year and should not be taken lightly, the Eels are another class above.

Titans - Were lucky to beat us and we sorely missed the Hayne factor. They won only on conversions and this was only just when we started clicking. By no means an easy team to beat, but the Eels are still that one notch ahead of you.

Storm - Do not impress me. We beat you a few weeks ago. Enough said.

Panthers - I don't know what to think of you, but I'm sure we will beat you next week.

Cowboys - Proved their top eight position is a myth last night.

Tigers - Definitely not better.

Sea Eagles - Do not impress. Would be happy to play them tomorrow.

Knights - LOL

Broncos - LOL

Rabbitohs - Better than some of the teams already in the top eight, but honestly... just no.

You can clearly see that the Eels are the form team of the competition alongside the front runners. We may have left is a bit late but it is better late than never.
Yet if you drop one game for the rest of the season, you're effectively screwed.

I wouldn't be so confident yet until you actually make the finals.

Grail

Juniors
This thread
facepalm.jpg

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
They are the 2nd most dangerous team?? HAHAHA!!! If they were, then they would be 2nd wouldn't they?

You mean they are on form, that is a correct statement. But to say they are the 2nd most dangerous team because of it defies logic.

And for the record, im a warriors supporter, and i know full well my team has sucked in 2009.

Swiftstylez

Bench
They are the 2nd most dangerous team?? HAHAHA!!! If they were, then they would be 2nd wouldn't they?

You mean they are on form, that is a correct statement. But to say they are the 2nd most dangerous team because of it defies logic.

And for the record, im a warriors supporter, and i know full well my team has sucked in 2009.

Are you one of those NRL fans that just sits on the ladder stroking their c**k and thinks that's all there is to Rugby League? Because it sure sounds like it. Come back to me when you actually watch football. There is no such thing as an April premier. As I said, if we make it we are the most dangerous team apart from the Dragons. We will be in the top eight after tonight, which is more than you can say. We started the season poorly and I am not defending that. Learn To Read. Four games might not make a season, but neither does a bad start with the wrong people playing/playing in wrong positions/yet to gel.

I hope people keep doubting us. It seems to be getting us wins.

Last edited:

mrblue

Juniors
I may be talking myself up, but at least I can back it up.

You said the same last year up until we dropped out of the finals contention. Then with nothing else to do you started a dopey thread trying to lure eels supporters to your "second" team - the storm. Then got all defensive when everybody started ripping into you for having a second team in the first place iirc.

..Also METSM, if you actually read it properly, was about getting rid of the crybaby Eels fans that wanted a better team to support in the Storm...
LTR.
(LEARN TO READ)

Everybody has been trying to aviod your posts when you started with the Michael Hagan crap which has now turned into Pokemon crap so I don't blame him.

You're as annoying for the Eels supporters as Bronco09 is for bronco supporters and set yourself up for a whiplash in the same way, but it's not as funny when you do it.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I think the reason why you don't like me is because I am RIGHT unlike that Broncos guy. When do I get my apologies? I am your more than run of the mill ladder watcher that some of you are proving to be in this thread. After thoroughly observing the Eels over the years I know when they are playing well. This is probably some of the best form I have seen them in since 2001. Parramatta Eels, welcome to the top eight.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
We are defiantly the form team of the comp behind the Dragons. I reckon we are a good chance of making the 8 but im being realistic when i say i don't think we can win the comp because I don't think we could beat the top 2 teams in a finals situation.

Swiftstylez

Bench
One of the first few posts that actually make sense. I'm not saying they can win the Grand Final either as of yet, but I definitely think we can beat anyone on our given day. I mean anyone. The Dragons in the final round will provide us with the ultimate test.

Swiftstylez

Bench
LOL. If you count form just purely on wins in a row, then yes. However, I'd have to see another Dragons loss first to even think about questioning them.

I think this speaks for us in itself though:

Last three games: Scored 110, conceded 12.

Bazal

Post Whore
Parra fans are too cocky.

1-Swifty, by his very own admission, is not a Parra fan
2-Swifty is a genius
3-Aside from this particular genius. I can't think of an Eels fan who has more than mentioned the 8 in passing. We're just enjoying the ride at the moment, finals or no