What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The player YOU will miss next year.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Yes, SOO player Anthony Watmough, Top Try Scorer Brett Stewart and his brother et al.

Teams are allowed to purchase players, it's not against the rules.

Freak2

Juniors
I honestly believe we will not miss Morrison that much.

Yes he has been fantastic for us but I think his best is now behind him + we don't have to play against him!!

McKinnon on the other hand will be a huge loss and he is going to a team that looks ready to be a force in the NRL again.

I don't know what the plans are for Johnny so I hope he doesn't turn it on over there too much!!

Chalky & Froggy could be really painful let goes. I hope I'm wrong but I still wish they were hanging around!!

Deano will also be missed and I truly wish Deano the very best with whatever he does in life. What a true CHAMPION!!

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I am of the opinion that we will miss Widders the most. IMO he is the second most creative player in the club behind Tim Smith and the amount of tries he sets up will be sorely missed. Hopefully Mateo will be the player to replace Deano but I am not completely confident. I think Morrison can be replaced and I might get shot down for this but I don't think his form this year has been anywhere near last years.

The other bloke we will really miss is Paul Stringer. We currently dont have another offloading forward like him. His loss is offset a little by the continual development of Moimoi and hopefully Cannings,Tsoulous and Cordoba can all step up.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I'm same as hells.

On the field McKinnon and Morro

Off the field Delaney

From what i hear Johnny Williams is as good as gone, and i will miss him the most if that is the case :( both on and off the paddock

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:
From what i hear Johnny Williams is as good as gone, and i will miss him the most if that is the case :( both on and off the paddock

I'm hearing it's Penrith...better than Moanly i suppose.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Hellsy said:
Poor Johnny... he isnt going to get much of a go at Parra I spose

I find that interesting because I believe there will be a first grade wing spot up for grabs next year with Hayne probably going to fullback to replace McKinnon. To me that spot is between Inu, Williams and Burt. As much as I personally think it should be Inu, Williams definately would not be out of place in our side. He has a big chance to cement a first grade spot at Parra.

Hellsy

Immortal
He does.. but he cant get that chance to prove himself to Parra at the moment....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
parra, manly, roosters

I hope its Parra tho :pray: there must be an ok offer on the table if he hasn't signed else where yet

yy_cheng

Coach
As much as I would like a GK Winger playing for us next year.

If I was john and I was almost guaranteed a starting spot at another club, then I would go.

Like they say, nothing beats experience and the younger he has 1st grade experience, the better for his own career.

However, would he still be behind in the pecking order at Manly and Roosters?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Paul Stephenson signed with the Sharks, so if we were to get Williams, he would be out of two players to play on one of the wings.

yy_cheng

Coach
Widders for mine. As barty said, the added dimension he gives will be hard to replace (unless Mateo steps up). I still remember the BIG SMILES on my face every time I see him make a bust last year and then outpace backs to score. Now he has improved his passing and kicking, we will miss him. If he lost 5-10kg, he could make a great 5/8th. He only failed at 5/8th because he thought we needed to make a big play everytime he got the ball. Same with Timmy at one stage. Now, he is our 5/8th on the right hand side and is picking and timing his plays and he is going great guns. I will still support him at Souths though.

Morris should be covered by Finch

Mckinnon, I would miss to but we have decent depth at fullback

Morro, we have some hard workers in Hindy, Chad, Wagon so the impact is not as great unless we have massive injuries

Odie, well, we already have enough centres. Sad he didn't get a run earlier but good luck to him.

Delaney, no great loss. I think what we have is better than him atm.

Pricey73

Juniors
1st Glenn Morrison 2nd Mckinnon 3rd Odwyer 4th Widders I think that morrison will be the hardest to replace but the others we have younger guys that will be able to do the job

Redback71

First Grade
1/ dean widders
2/ glenn morrison
3/ luke o'dwyer
4/ john morris
5/ wade mckinnion
6/ jeremy smith

jayjayselmes

Juniors
common this is a gimmy

wade the best fullback of 2006 provern week in and week out check that stats has made 200 metres in about 7 games this year.

He will be missed

jayjayselmes

Juniors
to be honest id leave hayne on the wing and bring a fullback in.

hayne is crazy on the wing and it would be silly to ruin that

Eelementary

Post Whore
Morrison, Morris, Widders and McKinnon - all good players who wanted to stay but for whatever reason were told to leave. I can't understand it.

lucablight

First Grade
jayjayselmes said:
to be honest id leave hayne on the wing and bring a fullback in.

hayne is crazy on the wing and it would be silly to ruin that

So you've finally had a change of heart eh?

Latest posts