What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Positives

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Logan and Turner look good, Millers first gane for a year and he was ok
Were missing like 6 players throught injury
IMO dobson could be good.
Graham had butter fingers but still looked dangerous
Zilman to return....

Any more?
good defdfence for thE most part just f**kIN KICKS!!!

nickraider

Juniors
I'm sorry, but I find it hard to take many positives out of a game we were in for 60 minutes, then just got blown away. Manly were there for the taking when we got back to 14-6, but we couldn't hold the ball. Could have been 38-6 if that try at the end had been awarded. That's a positive I guess, the disallowed try to Manly.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I don't think our defence was that bad. Most of the tries came from kicks and it is not like the much talked up Manly backline cut us to pieces. However when you only have a competion rate of 57% then you are not going to win many football games.

julian87

Juniors
Positives were Miller and Turner having ok starts to the year. That's about it i think. Tilse really needs to go.

mongoose

Coach
Sydney_Raider said:
I don't think our defence was that bad. Most of the tries came from kicks and it is not like the much talked up Manly backline cut us to pieces. However when you only have a competion rate of 57% then you are not going to win many football games.

exactly, it's not like they carved us up. They just took advantage of our poor positioning in the backs and the greasy conditions.

Macko8

Juniors
I thought our starting forwards muscled up and had a great opening.
For a man of tilse's size he really needs to be hitting the opposition line alot harder and faster IMO.
Dobson i thought played well,he and carney just need to work on that partnership a bit more and get more involved with different attacking options,how good is it having a left and right footer as halves!!!
Also i thought david howell played particularly well.
In the end we were giving the ball over too much and that allowed manly to exploit.
Bring on melbourne!!!!!!

raider_at_heart

Juniors
On our attack we seem to have adopted the "flat line" approach which i dont like.
Thats why our backs didnt get the ball because defence is in your face and thats why we droped the ball.

We need more second man plays and have players more room to move.

Defence was strong and that will hold us in good stead.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's interesting how some people have interpreted players performance last night. Especially when it comes to Chalk and Howell. People have either they were the worst or they played well.

greenhat

Juniors
probably the most important thing we could hope for in that game was that the Carney/Dobson combo looked good
and it did

not sparkling, but enough to make me happy about the future

edabomb

First Grade
I don't think Carney and Dobbo looked anything special. We had zero guidance in the opposition 20, which IMO was our biggest problem. If we had of been able to take advantage of some early chances who knows what could of happened.

jed

First Grade
A positive: at least we didn't get zipped against Cronulla under Supercoach's leadership

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I'm Pro Howell and considering he wasn't 100% fit i thought he was good, IMO if fit he should alway start, I'm still fairly confident we can do ok this season that was just one of those games where nothing goes are way...obviously we didn't help our selfs with ball security but a bit off luck and will be ok.

hrundi99

First Grade
Disregarding the dropped ball (which is pretty difficult), I was impressed by Logan, Dobson and Dunneman.

Tilse was useless...

Was it just me, or could howell have possibly scored himself?

Regardless, its round 1, and as pissed off as I was last night, its going to take time for the side to be able to utilise this new style effectively

Latest posts