What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

Gronk

Staff member
I've had a close mate talk about this. Unsure what to tell him tbh.
It’s not your job to be the psychiatrist , nor do you have the expertise to do so.

In a few weeks time we pause for RUOK day.

^^^^ It’s a good resource and all you need to do is check in with your mate and make him/her/they feel that connection with you or other people or professionals is definitely the right path.

1. Ask
2. Listen.
3. Encourage action.
4. Check in.

hindy111

Post Whore
yet you've had homophobic posts deleted

Mis-interpreted posts deleted more like it.
The English language isn't straight forward and at times especially with the sound of voice and tone not being present it's very easy for someone else to take something as someone's being serious rather then perhaps sarcastic. I've had this happen many a times via sms.
I don't blame you. It's just is what it is.

hindy111

Post Whore
and you need to be aware that being a bigot is not an opinion

It might be a religious view or someone who doesn't want their own kids exposed to these things. I'm unsure if that's a bigot tbh. Some people have different beliefs is how I would interpret it personally

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
It might be a religious view or someone who doesn't want their own kids exposed to these things. I'm unsure if that's a bigot tbh. Some people have different beliefs is how I would interpret it personally

There is no scientific evidence that god exists.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
An example of this is gender. It exists only in people's minds. The major difference between sex and gender is that sex exists in the realm of science. Gender does not. And yet many people believe gender is more important than sex.

IFR33K

Coach

I’m not even sure it’s a religious thing anymore.

for thousands of years there’s only been two genders. Now they’re making shit and genders up. A man doesn’t even have to do surgery or install a pair of tits and he can identify as a woman and they want everyone to believe it’s normal. No wonder why suicide is higher amongst their community.

Anyway, it’s easier to just band anyone that doesn’t believe this nonsense as bigots.

Gronk

Staff member

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
sexywanttvooh.gif

strider

Post Whore
Combined with the blinkered intolerance OF religion and we know what we get .... rats in a cage

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll look it up once you explain to me how it’s acceptable that you’ve told a member that he uses the grinder app.

Since you wont look up its meaning, I'll do it for you.

From the Collins Dictionary:

Homophobia is a strong and unreasonable dislike of homosexual people.

Now, and bearing in mind my jibe at hiney111 was a dig at his online dating comment, can you please explain to me your reasoning on how I have shown hate and unreasonable dislike for homosexual people, knowing full well he is not a homosexual ?

I'll wait.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

to answer your question and again, if you refer to the definition;

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

You state that you are unsure if some people are bigots because reasons.

The fact that they may have reasons for their bigotry, doesn't mean they are not bigots, it just explains why they are.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you think a dude that wears a dress and wants to compete against woman in sports is normal, that’s fine.

sorry, missed this bit

you've either got selective memory or you missed it but I have said ftr that I don't think it's fair that biological men compete against women.

IFR33K

Coach
Since you wont look up its meaning, I'll do it for you.

From the Collins Dictionary:

Homophobia is a strong and unreasonable dislike of homosexual people.

Now, and bearing in mind my jibe at hiney111 was a dig at his online dating comment, can you please explain to me your reasoning on how I have shown hate and unreasonable dislike for homosexual people, knowing full well he is not a homosexual ?

I'll wait.

Your comments are as laughable as gronks when he fat shamed the female athletes or blamed covid on the eels lack of juniors.

You’re insinuating that hiney is using the app for same sex relations, despite knowing he’s heterosexual. You’re using it as a slur, as thou gay relations are beneath you and your (low) standards.

IFR33K

Coach
sorry, missed this bit

you've either got selective memory or you missed it but I have said ftr that I don't think it's fair that biological men compete against women.

but why so? You’re willing to accept that men can identify as women aren’t you? If you’re willing to accept this, then why can’t they compete? Especially when the lgb community is in support.

Or, are you a bigot?

Gronk

Staff member
Your comments are as laughable as gronks when he fat shamed the female athletes or blamed covid on the eels lack of juniors.

You’re insinuating that hiney is using the app for same sex relations, despite knowing he’s heterosexual. You’re using it as a slur, as thou gay relations are beneath you and your (low) standards.
Whataboutism doesn't get you off the hook.

Latest posts