What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

Gronk

Staff member
I am not a homophobe. But I do feel all these colours being plastered everywhere over the top and to be honest more of a marketing/business strategy by most the companies plastering their trucks or front shops with it.
Most people have better things to worry about is all and get sick of hearing about it.
It's good people can be open about their sexuality and not have to feel ashamed or fear for safety. And all this stuff is probably important but at the same time better in small doses.

I'm still unsure why someone being gay is something to take pride in. It's not even a choice just biological so hardly an achievement. It's like being born short for example. I copped plenty of shit at school for being short. ( lucky I could fight and was brave as a lion) Imagine a bunch of short men marching the streets. And hey it isn't like they where not victimised. Couldn't join the police force if you where not a certain height and let's face it most women prefer tall men.

So why use the word pride? Change the word to acceptance or something if ask me.
Youth suicide is the biggest killer in this country (daylight second) and LGBTQ young adults are 4 times more likely to take their lives than their peers. If short people had those alarming statistics, I bet you there would be a special thread with special colour socks just for them too AND if that was the case, it would get equal attention by me and I'm sure by all of the people who actually GAF in this world.

hindy111

Post Whore
Youth suicide is the biggest killer in this country (daylight second) and LGBTQ young adults are 4 times more likely to take their lives than their peers. If short people had those alarming statistics, I bet you there would be a special thread with special colour socks just for them too AND if that was the case, it would get equal attention by me and I'm sure by all of the people who actually GAF in this world.

I honestly didn't realise this. I'm welcoming to anyone who doesn't hurt me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
LGBTQ young adults are 4 times more likely to take their lives than their peers.
Four times f**k all is still f**k all. Men are three times more likely to die of suicide than their 'peers'. Is it really a sign of victimhood?

Last edited: