What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm saying referees need their own pride month and we should all be forced to participate, regardless of our feelings about them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree it should be illegal to harass and intimidate referees, whether at airports or online. Someone needs to draft some legislation. While we’re there I suspect others deserve the same legal protections. It would be a shame if some were more equal than others. You might even say it would be unjust.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree it should be illegal to harass and intimidate referees, whether at airports or online. Someone needs to draft some legislation. While we’re there I suspect others deserve the same legal protections. It would be a shame if some were more equal than others. You might even say it would be unjust.
So you don't think we should have any specific laws that deal with age discrimination, racial discrimination, disability discrimination or sex (intersex status, gender identity and sexual orientation) discrimination ? Those people should not be offered any different protections than anyone else ?

Dude the 1940's are on the phone.....

It’s a world of inequality on so many levels.

Especially financial.

That’s quite a telling example, but not much is done to straighten that ship.

People get more upset about other distinguishing features.

T.S Quint

Coach
This line means a strawman is inbound, and you didn’t disappoint.

I said nothing about discrimination laws. I am suggesting pride month will do nothing to prevent abuse of match officials.

Of course not. People will abuse match officials for the rest of time.

But maybe instead of calling them a gay merkin, it might just be merkin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course not. People will abuse match officials for the rest of time.

But maybe instead of calling them a gay merkin, it might just be merkin.
Except they are trying to hurt him. If mentioning his sexuality hurts him then that's what they'll do. It's like when they use white as a pejorative, as if people should be ashamed of the colour of their skin. The fact is some merkins think so and that's why they mention it.

Gronk

Staff member
This line means a strawman is inbound, and you didn’t disappoint.

I said nothing about discrimination laws. I am suggesting pride month will do nothing to prevent abuse of match officials.

Girl Eye Roll GIF

Ever so slowly, the religious types are realising that "the gays" actually aren't anything to be scared of... decades behind everyone else, lol.

Latest posts