What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

Gronk

Staff member
A meme created by someone who doesn’t even know Sydney. Own goal by bigots.

Carlotta, Kings Cross, 1970–71

Carlotta, Kings Cross, 1970–71​

Silver gelatin photoprint​

Gronk

Staff member
Don't you understand what satire is? Or is it only ok when it is not targeted at Transgenders?
There’s not gotcha here. The meme was suggesting that drag queens didn’t exist in the 70’s. In fact there were more inner city venues hosting drag queens in Sydney then than now. The Albury Hotel on Oxford Street and of course Les Girls in the Cross. There was also the Taboo Bar above a strip club next to the Bourbon and another at the back of the Rex.

So what is the point of dumb inaccurate satire ? Own goal.

Also, when is it OK to post memes about rascism or sexism, homophobia or transphobia?

You reckon it’s OK to post satire about merkins with depression or suicide in the mental health thread ? Over to you.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
It wasnt suggesting that at all. It was suggesting the term "drag" has taken on an entirely different more common meaning.

Gronk

Staff member
It wasnt suggesting that at all. It was suggesting the term "drag" has taken on an entirely different more common meaning.
So what was it called in the 70’s ? Drag. You’re arguing about LGBTQ semantics here because why ?

strider

Post Whore
So what was it called in the 70’s ? Drag. You’re arguing about LGBTQ semantics here because why ?

I have literally no idea what the f**k you are crapping on about semantics - just your usual waffle i guess ..... this joke is in no way saying drag queens never existed - its saying the term "drag" is now so synonymous with dudes dressed as women that a drag race is more likely to be understood as a bunch of drag queens in a running race than a car race ...... its really not that f**kin hard

No1_Eel

Juniors
I have literally no idea what the f**k you are crapping on about semantics - just your usual waffle i guess ..... this joke is in no way saying drag queens never existed - its saying the term "drag" is now so synonymous with dudes dressed as women that a drag race is more likely to be understood as a bunch of drag queens in a running race than a car race ...... its really not that f**kin hard
I’m pretty sure he understands and he explained why it’s ridiculous. You are just so stupid. Even the fact you put “……”. Why do you need to put 6 full stops? Are you still getting used to using the internet old man?

Incorrect

Coach
I’m pretty sure he understands and he explained why it’s ridiculous. You are just so stupid. Even the fact you put “……”. Why do you need to put 6 full stops? Are you still getting used to using the internet old man?
Welcome (back?) merkin....

Weird time come in and flame someone... god bless ya

Gronk

Staff member
So “I’m going to the drag races on Saturday night” is more likely to be mistaken for NOT going to eastern creek ? Bullshit.

You bunch of bitter old farts need to get a life instead of making shit up because the world isn’t quite turning out the way you like it.

strider

Post Whore
So “I’m going to the drag races on Saturday night” is more likely to be mistaken for NOT going to eastern creek ? Bullshit.
Its a joke ffs .... thats what internet memes are .... we already mentioned that .... call it "satire" if it makes you accept it easier

You bunch of bitter old farts need to get a life instead of making shit up because the world isn’t quite turning out the way you like it.
Lol .... the most ironic shit ever to come from you

Latest posts