What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

IFR33K

Coach
Can't really argue with Ian's take.

Ian Roberts says the Manly rainbow jersey controversy achieved nothing and a lack of action from the NRL in the areas of diversity and inclusivity is a “real kick in the guts”.

It is a year since the game was turned on its head when seven Manly players refused to wear a “pride-themed” jumper. The players objected on religious grounds, resulting in considerable public backlash. The fallout was a major contributor to the club’s campaign unravelling: the Sea Eagles lost their final seven games of the regular season and missed the finals. The controversy also played a key role in the demise of coach Des Hasler, who was sacked in October.

Roberts – still the only openly gay player in NRL history – was vocal at the time and has responded to inquiries from this column.
“I don’t like being the spokesman on all this, but I guess someone has to say something and say it like it is,” he said. “A year down the track and I really have to wonder why I stuck my neck out on it at all. I am really disappointed in the lack of progress that has been made in this area by the game.

“It’s back to square one at best. It may be worse because we went through the entire conversation and the Manly club went through so much and what has changed? Where is a pride round?
“The lack of action in that area is a real kick in the guts for anyone who was impacted by what the game went through. The game is clearly afraid of offending its religious players, and I know there are a lot of them. But their view counts for more [than others].

“What message does this send to sports stars or the average person who is struggling with their sexuality or struggling for acceptance? There was talk of a respect round; that’s not something I’d endorse ahead of a pride round that is all about inclusion for everyone.
“It’s upsetting that I have to keep talking about this, but I suppose I feel a sense of responsibility because if I don’t, who will?

“I feel like there is far greater acceptance in the women’s game, so my message to men who are still living in a world where they are treated differently for being gay is simple – don’t let the haters get to you, and live your life.”

Yeah a great deal more acceptance in the women’s game. Watch this space

IFR33K

Coach
From all reports this non-binary thing took a lot of Pride in hammering his female opposition.

It's not on.

Although, post game, post game comment from the coach reckons it " not their go"....

He needs to be kicked in the nuts serval times and be reminded he’s a fruit cake… I mean man.

strider

Post Whore
But yeah .... that is insane. Canada is full nutcase. It wasn't long ago that any male getting physical with a female was considered a disgraceful thing. And surely thats about physical differences. So how can anyone justify this is ok?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah a great deal more acceptance in the women’s game. Watch this space
That's because it is full of lesbians. The NRL isn't like Deloitte or PwC where they can just focus on hiring people with the correct corporate politics. They need people who can play footy, and that means a lot of working class conservatives. It would be the same with the ADF if we were involved in an actual dangerous war. Suddenly all the woke stuff would have to take a back seat.

IFR33K

Coach
But yeah .... that is insane. Canada is full nutcase. It wasn't long ago that any male getting physical with a female was considered a disgraceful thing. And surely thats about physical differences. So how can anyone justify this is ok?

Well now the said male he’s neither a male or female and the rest of the world is meant to believe this nonsense

IFR33K

Coach

actually come to think about it, this clown is using his mental health issues to take advantage of women. And there’s a shit load more. He’s nothing short of being a predator hiding behind being fried. It’s probably debatable, but I’d say what he’s done is worse than d brown.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
but the sick f^*ker may have a fetish of hurting women or just wants to touch them
Here's the BBC dead naming a vulnerable trans woman: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-63823420

"The crimes were committed in Clydebank and Glasgow in 2016 and 2019 while Bryson was known as a man called Adam Graham.

Police Scotland statistics will record that the crimes were carried out by a man.

Bryson made the decision to transition from a man to a woman while awaiting trial."

hindy111

Post Whore
I heard two women at the pub the other day talking about how Dishwasher name is degrading to women and conservative men come up with the name thinking women should wash the dishes. Going on it's not been called dishwashim. And how it's a control factor or something.
They where saying it needs to be changed. I found it funny

Latest posts