What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Problem With Gould

rem286

Juniors
It would seem the silly old codger is trying his hardest to help is man friend Nic get another trophy in the cabinet.

Its ok, I'm sure he knows something special is brewing between the likes of Walsh, Ciraldo and Tighe. Some sort of explosive set play that is going to blow the other teams off the park. Oops, I forgot the Panthers are supposed to be an NRL side not a Bundy Cup side.

darkbloom

Juniors
Gould has been working overtime

hahaha! really?

He's been hard at work during this saga watching cricket, tennis, any tv he can, cooking pizzas, sitting and looking at yowie bay, taking photos of his swimming pool. Jesus one of the things on the Panthers social site even praises TV ads.

While all this Jennings crap has been going down, he's fiddling.

He has no idea. At the very least he should not be using the Panthers official site to tell us about the inner workings of his life when they won;t tell us anything about the club.

Last edited:

Panther

Juniors
Phil knows a lot about football but maybe he's out of his depth as a manager? According to insiders at the club this has become more obvious as the weeks go by and there is now no love lost between him and chairman Don.

darkbloom

Juniors
Phil knows a lot about football but maybe he's out of his depth as a manager? According to insiders at the club this has become more obvious as the weeks go by and there is now no love lost between him and chairman Don.

Love? Have they both discovered that they haven't changed since they previously worked together.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
It does go both ways as well.There has not been a great deal of success since Don Feltis steped up from the juniors to the seniors either.I guess its a matter of finding middle ground for the two of them

franklin2323

Immortal
Feltis was good when incharge of the juniors he has no idea as a chairman. He and the board were the one's that cut the funding during Elliott's rein. We lack halves that has been the case with all grades. They also re-signed him after some average years. The board also gave Gus with no administration experience total control. So they can't complain when things get done poorly.

darkbloom

Juniors
If there is conflict and it is toxic it will not help. I made some enquiries about this and it seems there were some promises made about board positions that have not been honoured.

Not sure if it is true or not but it would not surprise - neither of the parties are noted for honouring promises, in fact they are noted for the reverse.

Big man

Juniors
I'm not sure about the conspiracy theory to do with helping uncle nick but, Gould not being a suitable manger may have merit. I've been told by a player manager that he goes into meeting with a massive ego and displays an arrogance in his dealings, it appears he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I was told that Jennings was given an ultimatum by Gould in his first week as football manager , if he wasn't so arrogant and dictatorial a deal that suited both Jennings and the club could of been reached.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Some of this may or may not be true, elite sport though is based on massive ego's everyone has one, players, player managers and administrators.

I don't think Gus is alone with having a massive ego in this sport.

Believe me I hated Gus for taking Fittler to the Rorters when he left years ago, I think he is genuine in his efforts to help the club back to the top of the NRL.

I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt at the moment, hopefully we can sign a couple of big names and the place may settle down and football will again be the major talking point, hopefully.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yes agree, people forget a player manager makes his money from a percentage of a players contract, so the initial contract for Jennings with Panthers and now new one fom Roosters is not a bad payday is it?

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm not sure about the conspiracy theory to do with helping uncle nick but, Gould not being a suitable manger may have merit. I've been told by a player manager that he goes into meeting with a massive ego and displays an arrogance in his dealings, it appears he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I was told that Jennings was given an ultimatum by Gould in his first week as football manager , if he wasn't so arrogant and dictatorial a deal that suited both Jennings and the club could of been reached.[/QUOTE

Most successful people in life,including sportstars, have 'egos'.

Jennings leaving was about Michaels issues/contract and not so much Gould's ego.

murraymob

Coach
if it was Gould who wanted new blood on the board then i agree fully.It is a sad state of affairs when the same people get re elected time and time again.Yet coaches get punted players get moved on
But we will continue to have the same people because there is just not enough members that actually care to even vote

Latest posts