What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The punch that cost the Sharks $20,000 - Zappia stands down

DJShaksta

First Grade
Why is it not worth it?
No one gives a crap about the punch anymore, she obviously thought it was an accident at the time other wise why didn't she go to the cops???

The question is now, after 10 months, why did she go to channel 7 and still will not talk to the NRL??
Whatever she thought about the clubs handling of the situation back then, or whether she thought she was being treated unfairly has no bearing since she signed the agreement and accepted the money.

Hanscholo

Bench
Reinforces what i have known for years. People are much like buzzards, when they smell death they all come down for their slice.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Well whats the law about recording something and then selling the recording when the other party knew nothing about it,how much did Seven pay her,and Seven are the AFL broadcaster they will do anything to damage Rugby League.
Don't delude yourselves that the fine hand of the AFL was not in there somewhere

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Well whats the law about recording something and then selling the recording when the other party knew nothing about it,how much did Seven pay her,and Seven are the AFL broadcaster they will do anything to damage Rugby League.
Don't delude yourselves that the fine hand of the AFL was not in there somewhere

lol.

El Diablo

Post Whore

7 have a record of acting inappropriately to please the AFL

http://www.theage.com.au/news/busin...rights-revealed/2005/12/18/1134840740656.html

If News Ltd is perceived to have acted dishonourably in buying pay TV rights for sport, so has C7. An email from C7 executive Steve Wise, cited in the Federal Court, makes it clear the network bought the rights to football only to bury it, to please the AFL.

Written in November 2000 when Channel Seven still had the AFL rights, it lamented the AFL's ingratitude, saying: "There is no credit that we have secured the soccer rights and sufficated (sic) the sport, much to the chagrin of its supporters."

I have a very intelligent take on this.

f**k off Zappia.
You carried on about behaviour and responsibility when it came to Bird, you did the same with Seymour, yet you behave unprofessionally in the offices of our club.

Go find another gig.

squiddy

Juniors
I have a very intelligent take on this.

f**k off Zappia.
You carried on about behaviour and responsibility when it came to Bird, you did the same with Seymour, yet you behave unprofessionally in the offices of our club.

Go find another gig.

I agree Millers fugg Zapps off now , the double standards sh*te me , we fine and suspend Seymour yet he was doing this sh*t ..

It stinks still

Why would this chick record the phone call ? Obviously she foresaw future profits from this incident ?

Also how about Channel 7's form ? Two of their "starlets" are guilty of drug use and paranoid behaviours resulting in police wasting time and resources and another filmed a sex encounter and showed it to others , yet they devote their efforts to a one yr old story ? C'mon .........

I await now the claims from the Sharks and their supporters to discredit Jenny Hall. No doubt there'll be leaks to friendly journos along the lines of:

• she was incompetent at her job and Zappia was about to sack her
  • she tried to crack onto Zappia and he knocked her back
  • she consented to Zappia punching her in the face
  • she let 10 other guys spank her that week so Zappia had implied consent,
etc. :crazy:

Not to mention that she is a lying golddigger and the whole tape is a work of fiction.

Brutus

Referee
There's no doubt she is a gold digger and possibly a trouble maker.

But if Zappia did punch her on purpose then f**k OFF FROM OUR GAME YOU FAT TOAD.

The sooner ET becomes the CEO of that club the better and we can all move on and enjoy the footy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I await now the claims from the Sharks and their supporters to discredit Jenny Hall. No doubt there'll be leaks to friendly journos along the lines of:

• she was incompetent at her job and Zappia was about to sack her
  • she tried to crack onto Zappia and he knocked her back
  • she consented to Zappia punching her in the face
  • she let 10 other guys spank her that week so Zappia had implied consent,
etc. :crazy:

Not to mention that she is a lying golddigger and the whole tape is a work of fiction.
You and bartman need to stop subscribing to this black-and-white reality because it isn't going to help the game.

Few would deny Zappia has to go. He's f**ked up royally regardless of the tapes. Doesn't mean we can't be concerned about media standards (or lack thereof) when it directly affects the image of our game. It's not hard to tell the truth and state facts and avoid chequebook journalism but it would appear on some level all three have been avoided in this instance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Former Sharks employee Jenny Hall has aired further explosive allegations against embattled Sharks CEO Tony Zappia, claiming he threatened her with the sack if she told anyone about the incident in which he gave her a black eye.

Hall also gave her support to controversial claims from the earlier in the year that sex toys were distributed to players and their partners, and that the club had organised strippers to come into the changerooms.

Zappia stood down on Monday morning, following a report from the Seven Network that revealed secret recording of him offering to be spanked by Hall, the club's former Community Relations Officer.

The respected administrator's been given until Thursday to respond to the board regarding allegations, after Sharks directors held an emergency meeting.

Hall's latest claims, aired in a follow-up report by Seven, suggest Zappia tried to intimidate her into keeping quiet about the incident on August 9 last year, when he punched Hall in the face.

"How dare you tell anyone, you're not to tell a single soul if you want to keep your job," Zappia is alleged to have told Hall following the incident.

New South Wales premier Nathan Rees has even weighed into the scandal, urging the NRL to take whatever steps necessary to stamp out inadequate treatment of women.

"(The NRL) need to bite the bullet, and do the appropriate clean out in order to redress the culture," said Rees.

Zappia was reported in the News Limited press describing the situation as a set up, and that the recording may have been tampered with.

The Seven Network has since agreed to release the entire 27 minute recording to the Sharks board.

In a further blow to the Sharks' battered reputation, Hall backed claims the club has vehemently denied previously, about sex toys being distributed to players.

"They were handed out at training, and a lot of the girls were upset," said Hall, who admitted to never seeing the toys, but says she'd spoken with women who did and they were furious.

The NRL is yet to take any action over the latest Sharks scandal, but were scathing in their initial response when the story broke on Sunday night, all but recommending the club's board sack Zappia.

Hall was present on the day two scantily-clad women were shown into the club changerooms, that that Sharks officials subsequently claimed were beer promoters.

"Now I know why I'm not allowed in there, It's because I'm not a stripper

"I was then told to keep quiet, or I'll get myself in trouble.

Hall, who's been unemployed since leaving the Sharks last year, is happy to meet one-on-one with NRL boss David Gallop to detail the allegations.

"If David wants to talk to me I'm more than happy to talk to him," said Hall.

The 26-year-old says she has spoken out ion a bid to help affect a cultural change within the NRL.

"I only hope I can sort of contribute to that change and hope that no-one's every treated the way that I was treated," Hall said.

http://livenews.com.au/feature/form...ve-allegations-against-zappia/2009/6/8/209277

squiddy

Juniors
Hall also gave her support to controversial claims from the earlier in the year that sex toys were distributed to players and their partners,

Whats the fuggen problem here FFS ? People are having sex and enjoying it ? FMD how dare they enjoy themselves ! If they didnt like it doesnt mean they had to use them , just like the free sample of coffee I got in the letter box - turfed it .

Gatorade has never given a free sample away ? Nike have never given free boots ?

Who gives a sh*t if it did happen ?

badav

Bench
There's no doubt she is a gold digger and possibly a trouble maker.

But if Zappia did punch her on purpose then f**k OFF FROM OUR GAME YOU FAT TOAD.

The sooner ET becomes the CEO of that club the better and we can all move on and enjoy the footy.

What business sense do you think ET has to run a footy club... scoring tries, or fishing on TV?

bartman

Immortal
You and bartman need to stop subscribing to this black-and-white reality because it isn't going to help the game.
Actually, I'd say the only way the game can help itself is for everyone to realise that everyone involved in the game is primarily responsible for their own actions, and in the media climate need to adjust their ideas of behavioural standards accordingly. Zappia realised this in disciplining his club's players, but seems to have failed to recognise this about changing his own behaviour on the job.

It's not balck and white... it's just very basic and simple.

Doesn't mean we can't be concerned about media standards (or lack thereof) when it directly affects the image of our game. It's not hard to tell the truth and state facts and avoid chequebook journalism but it would appear on some level all three have been avoided in this instance.
Go for your life in being concerned about media standards. But my point was that continually going on about it on an internet messageboard won't achieve anything about those concerns.

If you think media standards have been breached, write to the appropriate body. (In this issue I would say there appear to be no breaches of standards at all?) If you think the standards as such are inadequate, write to the Federal Minsiter responsible (think it's Conroy, not sure). Either of those is a better use of people's typing time in regards to their concerns about the media.

Meanwhile, someone has to actually take the admissions you make about Zappia (in this case) a step further, and make the basic point that anyone in our game that gets into "media trouble" could easily have taken simple and reasonable steps to avoid their situation completely. Zappia, Gallen, Matty Johns, Stewart, Bird, Tim Smith... every single one of them.

Latest posts