What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The real World Game

ruggabugga

Juniors
Robyalvoro.

You pompous little pri.ck. Where do you get off subverting my post. league was a wonderful spectacle long before a turd like you drew breath. You and your newly fanatic mates don;t know the first thing about the traditions of the game. It was a game for men as was Rugby, BUT unfortunately league has been infiltrated by spin doctors and other low life that you have embraced out of ignorance and the game is dying. Bring back the contest for possession and the ethos the game had in the '60/s and the future will look rosy/Carry on with the current delusion and thgere will be no argument in 29 years. Such a shame. :idea:

Ari Gold

Bench
ruggabugga said:
Robyalvoro.

You pompous little pri.ck. Where do you get off subverting my post. league was a wonderful spectacle long before a turd like you drew breath. You and your newly fanatic mates don;t know the first thing about the traditions of the game. It was a game for men as was Rugby, BUT unfortunately league has been infiltrated by spin doctors and other low life that you have embraced out of ignorance and the game is dying. Bring back the contest for possession and the ethos the game had in the '60/s and the future will look rosy/Carry on with the current delusion and thgere will be no argument in 29 years. Such a shame. :idea:

yes our game is dying........ :roll: :roll: crowds are up,TV audiences are up, player numbers are up in all states, more and more sponsors flowing into the game......need i say more? International Game growing stronger and stronger......yes this clearly shows our game is dying......IDIOT!!!!!

Rugby League is still the game for men and sorry buddy but the future of RL looks quite "rosy" to me. In 29 years Yawnion will be Leagues little sister, simply because our product is more entertaining, more skill-orrienated and much faster.

taipan

Referee
ruggabugga said:
Bobbis,

Don't try and figure it out.
This site is a league propaganda site. Unfortunately those of us that would like to see league back to it's best when 'PUFF' and his mates electrified the stage have to put up with spin doctors making the game look better than it was when it was good. No wonder we love the Wallabies and the Super 12 sides. Wouldn't it be great if both games were still "the best'.

You confuse league propaganda with league lovers sight,and ditto goes for planet rugby,so that is the reality.
Puff ,Langlands,Raper were brilliant and one off for their time as were the Ellas in union.
Times have changed have seen unlimited (with battle for possession
becoming at times a boring slugfest) the 4 tackle rule and now the 6 tackle.
I also watched the Etingshausens,Rogers,Lockyers,Fittlers,Orfords,Hunt,Williams,Bowen
and lets not forget A Johns to name a few and there are many under the 6 tackle rule,and guess what the games are more exciting,faster,resulting in record TV ratings,average crowds,and a 10% growth in league juniors across the board in australia in 2004,and the the game is actually growing internationally and becoming more competitive.
The S12 comp before it got up and running had to bring in major rule changes at the request of News Ltd exec to SANZAR to make it a more exciting spectacle.It still is being thrashed in Australia in the pay TV ratings by the lowest rating NRL game,and that has been stated by Fox people.
Sure there are spin doctors in the game of rugby league,but please they are amateurs when it comes to this artform compared to their union counterparts,3 billion to watch the world cup,the game is playedin 130 plus countries,no mention of what level or the numbers,the purity of the amateur tradition up til 1995,the spin of Sailor,Rogers in particular as they are allowed to knock rugby league in the press.
I dont need spin doctors to tell me ,I just open my peepers and see some of the best games of rugby league of late,I have seen in my lifetime under all the rules.Under the old rules the chance of an exciting Cowboys team getting into the semis would be near unlikely.
if you like to see continual scrum collapses and one side retaining possession for yonks,go back to the old rules,for me its a boreathon.

bobbis

Juniors
russ13 said:
Bobbis wrote in part:

...RL USA 820 they only got 5000 for a test v the Kangaroos, according to your site that thats about 4 times USA RU. Given USA RU has about 40000 players while USA RL has just 8 pub teams, no juniors no reserve teams nothing below that, its an incredibly stupid claim to make. I mean anyone who puts their name to such information must have no self respect. Do you actually expect anyone with half a brain to believe such tripe?

The same could be said about the union world cup audience of 3 billion plus.

Imternational rugby union teams playing in the US & Canada get similar sort of crowds to those at the recent RL game. Less than 2000 attended Australia v a Canadian selections a few years ago (even with David Campese playing). Ireland RU team played in Boston the most Irish city in the world outside Ireland & didn't even get 4000.

This is one of the funniest things ive read, you created the site and you basically admit its a complete lie, in defending it the best you can come up with is irrelevent tagents and perceived lies by RU. Really you just lose complete credibility.

Do you really expect anyone to believe RL averages 800 people per game in the USA.

You actually put Latvia and Finland in there yet they don't even play the sport i mean its actually just getting sad. I'm wondering wether you just do this as a joke to mock international RL.

Ruggabugga i know its just propaganda im just quering the author of this tripe who obviously has no self respect. I mean he constantly make bigoted and ill informed remarks about RU and its just sad because as this website proves he doesnt have any credibility therefore his opinion on anything pertaining to RU is completely irrelevent.

russ13

First Grade
Bobbis wrote:

Do you really expect anyone to believe RL averages 800 people per game in the USA.

The Glen Mills Bulls play at a correctional facility. They literally have a captive auience when they play. :shock:

zulu said:
Charge said:
Polynesian Warrior said:
iggy plop said:
League - 16th NRL AUS (14,886)
Yawnion - 22nd Currie Cup SA (11,394)
Yawnion - 33rd Premier division Eng (8,108)
League - 34th English S League (8041)
Yawnion - 50th Celtic League (5, 869)
YAwnion - 66th France Division One (4,082)
YAwnion - 67th UK (Wales) Celtic League (4, 065)
League - 68th PNG National Championship (3,919)
YAwnion- 94th Ireland (2,378)
League - 97th Russia First championship (2,331)
Yawnion - 98th UK (scottish) (2,300)
League - 100th NZ (Bartercard Cup) (2,290)
League - 104th French Elite One (2, 118)
Yawnion - 117th French Div 2 (1,451)
League - 118th English Div 1 (1, 435)
Yawnion - 120th English National league 1 (1,408)
League - 121st - Queensland Cup
YAwnion - 123rd - Canadian Super League (1,296)

Piggy Polp you are an idio*t . Do you think that any true rugby league fan can believe this rugby league site http://www.geocities.com/worldfootballrankings2004/Top125Leagues.html
This site is run by an paranoia one eye league fan like yourself Russ 13 and thats why it is so pro league even Stevie Wonder can see it . :lol:

You and carlnz must have just come across this site this year but im afraid to say mate that this site has been around more than 5 years now .
Five years ago there were more than 20 rugby league clubs from South Africa , Venezuela and Morocco that had an average better than South Africa Currie cup and French Elite one . :lol: :lol:
I told Russ 13 then that there was no rugby league in Venezuela , Morocco
and SA and then he delete it about two month later .
What a paranoia . ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

The data in this listing is indeed out of date. The last completed superleague season in the UK had an average crowd of 8572 whilst the Zurich Premiership (English Union) had an average of 8564. Not much difference, but if you include playoffs, the Superleague average pulls away further.

Next year the ZP is expecting higher crowds, but then again so is Superleague (Wigan for instance have apparently sold 225% more season tickets than at the same time last year, although we really should wait until the season starts before truely counting season ticket sales).

the data is for 2003. not too long ago.

Looks like another paranoia who actually believe this site is real . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

carlnz said:
Polynesian Warrior said:
NZ provincial rugby league comp (Bartercard cup) came 100th with an average of 2,290 :lol:
I went to three games this year and it will be lucky if there were 100 fans there .
Beside the NZ rugby league provincial comp is on there but he forgot to put the NZ rugby provincial comp(NPC) .
This year Wellington Lions had an average of 27,910 and the super 12 average for Auckland Blues is 36,000 .

What about Auckland, Otago, Northland and North harbour that suffered massive drops in attendence....even Otago in the Super 12 are failling to fill the grounds...If the Southern Orcas happen they two would easily attraced 20,000 +....Wellington people love their League...

At least Rugby League in NZ can improve as we dont have idots running the game like the NZRU who try to put a trade mark on the silver fern and cost the country to co host the World Cup.......Plus the all blacks now are just a Pacific Islands team......I remember a month ago when they interviewed that new All Black prop from Auckland on the news...they had to put Sub titles on for him because you couldnt under stand what he was saying!!! Even though he was talking in English!!

End of the day, in NZ people think Rugby is the best thing since sliced bread....like that All Black who beat up his pregnat wife last week....he got name supression...but when a legaue player drinks and drives he gets splashed all over the papers....

It wont be much longer till people give up on the All Blacks.....after they lose the NEXT world cup people wont care and the all blacks wont win a World Cup for a long long time......where as in League we have Sonny Bill Williams, Benji Marshall and hunt and other rookie stars that people will want to watch....that is if Rugby dont stop poaching them :roll: :roll:

End if the day rugby is big in NZ and league is not...how ever League is growing...and Rugby is just staying steady...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now Im convince after reading this guys post that he just full of sh*t . Im trying to correct this guy about the bull*hit he splashing all over this forum about soccer and league in the Pacific . But he comes back with more lies about league and rugby in NZ .
This guy doesn't know shi* about league or rugby in NZ .

Let me correct him again about both games in NZ . Otago have had a bad year this year with S12 and NPC and their crowds have drop .
NZ Warriors have had a bad year this year and their crowds drop too . I watch them play in front of 6000 fans at Ericsson stadium .

Wellington rugby league is bankrupt and has been for a while and they have been run by the NZRL from Auckland .
If Wellington Orcas (Southern Orcas in the North Island :lol: ) get to the NRL and have a bad season like the Warriors had this year they will be lucky to have 3000 fans in the windy capital .

The NZRFU have trade mark the All Blacks silver fern and have earn a record profit from it and from their Adidas deal this year .
I think our mate here might be a redneck type of One nation supporter you have here in OZ .
Whats wrong with having Pacific Islanders in the All Blacks ? If anyone here is a real league fan, then they will know that the Kiwi league team has the highest Pacific Is and Maori represention than the All Blacks . The same as the Warriors .
Well carlnz if a Pacific Islander is having trouble speaking English, I dont think that is any of your problems and I think any true league fan will have a problem if a Tongan who plays league does the same .

All Blacks and high profile league players get the same treatment in the media mate .
Didn't you read the paper about the Mils Muliaina/Howlett incident or the Joe Nafahu trouble etc ?

NZ will never give up on the All Blacks just like they will never give up on cricket or the Americas cup .
Williams and Marshall are great players but Hunt doesn't want to know about NZ .
The All Blacks also have Rokocoko , Sosene Anesi , Kaino , Tuiali'i , Tuipulotu, Nonu, Carter etc .

And let me correct you again there son . NZRFU had an increase of 13,000 more players this year .
The NZRL haven't mention any increase at all but I know that league numbers fell from nealy 40,000 a decade ago to 29,000 last year .

Anymore rugby or league question you want me to answer for you ?

carlnz said:
Polynesian Warrior said:
19 January, 2004

Fiji’s Super League to start in April

By Teulau Masisika

With the gap between provincial rugby in Fiji and Test rugby at an unacceptable level, the Fiji Rugby Union will introduce a brand new, streamlined competition in April designed to identify and prepare local players for the international stage.

The 30-odd provincial unions have been grouped into four franchises along geographical lines that will contest a Super League to create more competitiveness in local matches.

To new competition will start 3 April and end 22 May in time for the international Test window. The teams will play a round-robin followed by semi-finals and a grand final.

Nadroga, Navosa, Namosi, Serua and Malolo

Suva, Naitasiri, Nasinu, Kadavu and the Northern Division

Tailevu, Northland, Ovalau, Rewa and Island Zone.

Lautoka, Nadi, Vatukoula, Tavua, Ba, Ra and Yasawas

The country’s best coaching staff will also experience the intensity of training and coaching at the highest possible level in Fiji. Players and staff will be paid a basic salary and would be eligible for ethic and performance bonuses.

FRU Development Officer Franck Boivert has drawn up a budget of $160,000 plus $795,000 from Colonial for the competition, more than half of which is for player salaries and bonuses.

The Telecom Fiji Cup will begin at the end of May and run through to October.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SO whats your point? Fiji will still pick NZ born players and the best Fijian players will play for the All Blacks....so no change their....

Gees carlnz ! Why don't you save yourself the shame and not post about rugby or something you dont know f*ck all about .
So carlnz who were all the NZ born players that played in the Fijian squad ?
And who were the Fijian best players that played for the All Blacks ?

carlnz

Bench
Who is that ex auckland player...repeni caucau...all blacks tried their hearts out to get him to play...also that former blues player with the kidney problem who played for counties and sat his time before playing for the AB's......

Joe Rokocoko
Casey Laulala
Malili Muliaina
Jerome Kaino
Saimone Taumoepeau
Rodney So'oialo

Sitiveni Sivivatu , Sione Lauaki are two players that are in line for the black jumper but are part of the above players...

so from your questions you ask about Fijian players who have played or are going to play for the AB's:

Joe Rokocoko (played)
Sitiveni Sivivatu (will play when time runs out)
Rupeni Caucau ( they tried to get to play)
Former counties and blues player that played a game for the AB's (sorry cant remember his name)

and what site did you get you player number facts from :roll:

man i wish i was like you and knew everything...

carlnz said:
Who is that ex auckland player...repeni caucau...all blacks tried their hearts out to get him to play...also that former blues player with the kidney problem who played for counties and sat his time before playing for the AB's......

Joe Rokocoko
Casey Laulala
Malili Muliaina
Jerome Kaino
Saimone Taumoepeau
Rodney So'oialo

Sitiveni Sivivatu , Sione Lauaki are two players that are in line for the black jumper but are part of the above players...

so from your questions you ask about Fijian players who have played or are going to play for the AB's:

Joe Rokocoko (played)
Sitiveni Sivivatu (will play when time runs out)
Rupeni Caucau ( they tried to get to play)
Former counties and blues player that played a game for the AB's (sorry cant remember his name)

and what site did you get you player number facts from :roll:

man i wish i was like you and knew everything...

Really can this guy get any worse or what . He comes here splashing some bulls*it about soccer in Tonga and that the All Blacks are full of Pacific Islands and that he knows about rugby and league in NZ .
But then he ask me if I know of some Fijian player that played for the Blues and use to have kindney problems .
:lol:

I ask him to name the Fijians that were born in NZ that represent Fiji in the last world cup because he said they were all NZ born and he came up with
this .

Joe Rokocoko ----------Joe Rokocoko move to NZ when he was five and played for NZ schools, under 19/21 and now the All Blacks and have never represent Fiji.

Sitiveni Sitivatu---------Hasn't played for Fiji and hasn't played for the All Blacks in 2003 RWC .

Rupeni Caucau ---------Born in Fiji, Represent Fiji in 7s and played for Fiji in the 2003 RWC .

Joeli Vindiri -------------Born in Fiji and played for Fiji before he was selected for the All Blacks in 1997 . Never played for Fiji or the All Blacks in the 2003 RWC .

Now Im going to write down what this Kiwi think he knows it all post which he post and Im going to ask him the same question .

carlnz
SO whats your point? Fiji will still pick NZ born players and the best Fijian players will play for the All Blacks....so no change their....

So which NZ born players did Fiji pick in last years world cup or this years test matches ?

screeny

Bench
PW, when on another thread you claim that two posters are liars how do you expect anyone to believe any of the tripe you type out in your pseudo-English?

Also, when you admit that you don't even know which one of union or league has more tackling or running it makes your opinions less than weighty.

ruggabugga

Juniors
Bobbis & PW.

Don't give a moments thought to these wankers. RUGBY is going OVER THE TOP as the recent NEWS LIMITED Southern Hemisphere DEAL demonstrates. Not even the CEO of the NRL would put his testicles on the line over this. RUGBY THRIVES the rest wallow. What a load of horse manure.they talk......I was looking for an ICON that showed our ill informed mates sucking what only a desperate self sax boy or LEAGUE BOY would normaly suck! Bring it on has a NEW MEANING, EH MUNGO LOVERS. :eek: :( :) :D

taipan

Referee
ruggabugga said:
Bobbis & PW.

Don't give a moments thought to these wankers. RUGBY is going OVER THE TOP as the recent NEWS LIMITED Southern Hemisphere DEAL demonstrates. Not even the CEO of the NRL would put his testicles on the line over this. RUGBY THRIVES the rest wallow. What a load of horse manure.they talk......I was looking for an ICON that showed our ill informed mates sucking what only a desperate self sax boy or LEAGUE BOY would normaly suck! Bring it on has a NEW MEANING, EH MUNGO LOVERS. :eek: :( :) :D
You pretty well summed it up rugby (Union) is going over the top,using the recent SANZAR deal as an example larger number of teams same value per team $72m with 12 teams $84 with 14 teams.The CEO of the NRL David Gallop is doing a sterling job and would be more than contented with increased revenue ,increase in development officers ,increased crowds, TV and radio ratings and not once resorting to bagging rugby union,like unions former leader John O'Neill did on rugby league.Garry Flowers would like the FTA TV ratings the NRL enjoy in Oz.Appears some rah rahs must go through life with the leather patches over their eyes ,than their elbows.I as a so called mungo lover will not dignify myself with name calling.
You will obviously be thrilled with the next FTA and pay TV contracts for the NRL and RL tests. :lol: :lol:

screeny

Bench
ruggabugga said:
Bobbis & PW.

Wankers......horse manure.....self sax......mungo lovers? What the......