What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The real World Game

Razor

Coach
he majority of people on this board say League is the superior product then why let the promotion of the SUPERIOR PRODUCT be confused with the inferior product. Or don't we have the balls to try.

You can ask Union the same thing. Don't they have the balls to try?

Moffo

Referee
screeny said:
ruggabugga said:
Bobbis & PW.

Don't give a moments thought to these wankers. RUGBY is going OVER THE TOP as the recent NEWS LIMITED Southern Hemisphere DEAL demonstrates. Not even the CEO of the NRL would put his testicles on the line over this. RUGBY THRIVES the rest wallow. What a load of horse manure.they talk......I was looking for an ICON that showed our ill informed mates sucking what only a desperate self sax boy or LEAGUE BOY would normaly suck! Bring it on has a NEW MEANING, EH MUNGO LOVERS. :eek: :( :) :D

Wankers......horse manure.....self sax......mungo lovers? What the......

I'm sure Ruggabugga is an ex-poster here going under a different alias

taipan said:
ruggabugga said:
Bobbis & PW.

Don't give a moments thought to these wankers. RUGBY is going OVER THE TOP as the recent NEWS LIMITED Southern Hemisphere DEAL demonstrates. Not even the CEO of the NRL would put his testicles on the line over this. RUGBY THRIVES the rest wallow. What a load of horse manure.they talk......I was looking for an ICON that showed our ill informed mates sucking what only a desperate self sax boy or LEAGUE BOY would normaly suck! Bring it on has a NEW MEANING, EH MUNGO LOVERS. :eek: :( :) :D
You pretty well summed it up rugby (Union) is going over the top,using the recent SANZAR deal as an example larger number of teams same value per team $72m with 12 teams $84 with 14 teams.The CEO of the NRL David Gallop is doing a sterling job and would be more than contented with increased revenue ,increase in development officers ,increased crowds, TV and radio ratings and not once resorting to bagging rugby union,like unions former leader John O'Neill did on rugby league.Garry Flowers would like the FTA TV ratings the NRL enjoy in Oz.Appears some rah rahs must go through life with the leather patches over their eyes ,than their elbows.I as a so called mungo lover will not dignify myself with name calling.
You will obviously be thrilled with the next FTA and pay TV contracts for the NRL and RL tests. :lol: :lol:

$72m with 12/14 teams playing 11/13 games is not a bad deal compare to $84m with 14 teams playing more games .

taipan

Referee
Polynesian Warrior said:
taipan said:
ruggabugga said:
Bobbis & PW.

You pretty well summed it up rugby (Union) is going over the top,using the recent SANZAR deal as an example larger number of teams same value per team $72m with 12 teams $84 with 14 teams.The CEO of the NRL David Gallop is doing a sterling job and would be more than contented with increased revenue ,increase in development officers ,increased crowds, TV and radio ratings and not once resorting to bagging rugby union,like unions former leader John O'Neill did on rugby league.Garry Flowers would like the FTA TV ratings the NRL enjoy in Oz.Appears some rah rahs must go through life with the leather patches over their eyes ,than their elbows.I as a so called mungo lover will not dignify myself with name calling.
You will obviously be thrilled with the next FTA and pay TV contracts for the NRL and RL tests. :lol: :lol:

$72m with 12/14 teams playing 11/13 games is not a bad deal compare to $84m with 14 teams playing more games .

Not a bad deal for Foxtel more like it.The first contract was overpriced according to the TV industry,and of course there is inflation running at least 3-4% over the years of the old contract.

iggy plop

First Grade
less than 20 per cent of the new SANZAR contract going to the ARU. Shows you how much we love our yawnion in Australia. :lol:

Dakink

Bench
Oh for god's sake, name it the RLWC and be done with it!

As long as the tournament serves the code's purposes - makes money, spreads the gospel, improves playing standards, generates enthusiasm to RL playing nations and encourages new ones to take up the sport, not necessarily in that order - then it doesn't matter what journos say about it.

Gotta agree with screeny here - just call it the RLWC. Call the trophy "The George Trophy" or something!!

screeny

Bench
The question is not whether or not the two sports will merge into one, it's will union eventually turn into league. We don't ned to adopt any of their arcane, bullshit laws, but a lot of their side seem intent on discussing the possibilities of dropping the flankers, establishing a limit at the breakdown, introdfucing an offside gap, getting rid of the lineout etc.

What a fraudulent sport rah rah really is.

screeny said:
The question is not whether or not the two sports will merge into one, it's will union eventually turn into league. We don't ned to adopt any of their arcane, bullsh*t laws, but a lot of their side seem intent on discussing the possibilities of dropping the flankers, establishing a limit at the breakdown, introdfucing an offside gap, getting rid of the lineout etc.

What a fraudulent sport rah rah really is.

Which league forum did you discuss about get rid of the flankers and no lineout ? :lol:

screeny

Bench
I'm not going to do your research for you, PW, laughing emoticon or not.

All the topics I listed have been articles printed in broadsheets over the past year or so.

You're in denial, mate. A classic case.

inertia666

Juniors
i must admit, after getting into watching league throuhg the telstra video thing for the last year, watching Union is starting to tire me. I watched Australia vs France Union game today (had it upload to me a whille back) and most of the time they just stood around waiting for the ball to come back in play. Same said for all the other internationals i watched this year.

the rule book in union is like a dictionary.

screeny

Bench
inertia666 said:
i must admit, after getting into watching league throuhg the telstra video thing for the last year, watching Union is starting to tire me. I watched Australia vs France Union game today (had it upload to me a whille back) and most of the time they just stood around waiting for the ball to come back in play. Same said for all the other internationals i watched this year.

the rule book in union is like a dictionary.

Amen brother........

screeny said:
I'm not going to do your research for you, PW, laughing emoticon or not.

All the topics I listed have been articles printed in broadsheets over the past year or so.

You're in denial, mate. A classic case.

Im not in denial but Im a rugby fan and I never ever heard of anything so stupid so Im going to ask you the same question .
Where are the articals and what is your evidence ? Or is Russ going to design you a websites with false articals to support you post .

screeny

Bench
PW, as I said before, I've read 'em and noted 'em, but I'm not going to research for you, old bean.

I would have thought that after our various jousts and duels over the past few months you would have at least realised that for all my unabashed hatred of union, I don't lie about things to make a point, and if something's posted that's obviously league propoganda I'll question it.

That I can honestly say. It's you, mate, who refuse to believe I lived in Grand Cayman. That type of attitude makes debating on here pretty pointless.

I can also honestly say I've read broadsheet published articles from union johnnies on the above mentioned subjects. Whether you believe that or not I don't really care.

rugged

Juniors
I want to know why those attacking union (league people) always mention as their main faults two things that union has in common with what is usually their second favourite sport.

They point to the lack of union's domestic competition ie club rugby.

They also say that union is boring.

Well what about cricket? They do have a national comp which is fairly popular and a huge international competition (not exactly global either, have you noticed?????). But does anyone go to watch club cricket or is any media coverage given to it? Not where I'm from.

And the main criticism given about cricket to those who don't understand it is that it is boring. Surely we would watch baseball if we wanted to watch something with more excitement - but we don't because we like cricket and we understand it and we appreciate it (I know I do).

Union has two main levels of competition - international and provincial (super 12), league has two main levels - NRL and State of Origin, cricket has two main levels also. With such a small population as Australia it would be hard to have anything else as we have so many sports that are played. At least both codes are getting some good media attention and money, unlike hockey or netball.

So a realist would concede that league has it all over union domestically and union has it all over league internationally. But then again a lot of people in this thread are not realists and won't concede anything.

And I know that before I understood union, I thought it was boring too. And I certainly used to think cricket was boring.

In no way do I think rugby league shouldn't try to expand to other countries. Potentially it has more mass appeal than union. It is simpler and easier to understand and exciting too. League sees an area in which it can improve. Union also sees it is lacking good competition domestically and is talking about combining the NSW and QLD club scenes. I don't see that that will become too popular or profitable but it might improve the level of players that aren't in the super 12 yet.

So we don't really need the p1$$ing competitions. Both codes have their strengths and weaknesses. And both sides seem to be paranoid of the other.

screeny

Bench
I don't like union coz of the inferior rules and the over inflated hype the sport receives...a sport at which a fat old bloke cna be an international ahtlete!

I hate RU coz of its history of trying to destroy RL, which doesn't appeal to my sense of social justice and fair play.

iggy plop

First Grade
screeny said:
I don't like union coz of the inferior rules and the over inflated hype the sport receives...a sport at which a fat old bloke cna be an international ahtlete!

I hate RU coz of its history of trying to destroy RL, which doesn't appeal to my sense of social justice and fair play.

I don't like union coz of dickholes like Turd Pen... oh and the game is about as much of a turn on as nude pygmies in a National Geographic mag.

Latest posts