What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

adamkungl

Immortal
NSW has to win game 1 I think. We really need to put QLD on the back foot and give ourselves 2 bites at the cherry

Pazza

First Grade
Tim Mannah had another monstrous game! 20 hit ups for 154m, in 54 mins, against a strong warriors pack! At this rate he might partner TLL in the starting front row?

Spanner in the works

First Grade
So what have we got from the games so far as to who should be in the side?

Tim Mannah had another monstrous game! 20 hit ups for 154m, in 54 mins, against a strong warriors pack! At this rate he might partner TLL in the starting front row?

He's a must in the side, it's just a matter of where.

RHCP

Bench
Spanner in the works said:

Mannah is an absolute must. I've always held this opinion but last night he really stood up.

Uate did well today, but Gordon was outstanding in a very poor team. He should be in the team somewhere, whether it's 1, 2, 3 or 17.

Strong performance by Junior Junior on Friday night, dominant. Pearce/Carney seem to have the halves sewn up but if one gos down with injury and he can continue the form he displayed today, I think Jarrod Mullen could be a very capable replacement. Sutton should be nowhere near the side.

De Gois did his chances no harm. Better than Ennis, but not better than Farah at this point.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Mannah is an absolute must. I've always held this opinion but last night he really stood up.

Uate did well today, but Gordon was outstanding in a very poor team. He should be in the team somewhere, whether it's 1, 2, 3 or 17.

Strong performance by Junior Junior on Friday night, dominant. Pearce/Carney seem to have the halves sewn up but if one gos down with injury and he can continue the form he displayed today, I think Jarrod Mullen could be a very capable replacement. Sutton should be nowhere near the side.

De Gois did his chances no harm. Better than Ennis, but not better than Farah at this point.

Totally agree. Nice to see some of the young guys really standing up. It's early days but Origin is really not that far away. Another one I'd like to add is Joel Thompson, who I thought was excellent today. I'd have him as my third bench forward.

RHCP

Bench
Missed the Canberra game, but I do rate Thompson. He was in scintillating form this time last year.

Cory Paterson had a decent game today, 6 offloads and 3 tackle busts. Stuck behind a plethora of incredible second rowers though.

adamkungl

Immortal
Uate and Gordon, neither are doing their chances any harm.

I still think the back 3 should be
1.Dugan
2. Hayne
5. Gordon or Uate

Which one? Uate is the better athlete and has more freakish attacking skills. Gordon is the incumbent, and really doesn't have many weaknesses, a better defender than Uate. A very good winger.

Spot On

Coach

Five things after the Panthers v Knights clash.

a. Michael Jennings needs an attitude adjustment.

b. Michael Jennings will never be fully fit for a game of league apparently.

c. Michael Jennings has a go and doesn't look to be injured when there is open space in front of him.

d. Michael Jennings is lazy, pig headed or just plain stupid for being off side three times at the kick off.

e. Michael Jennings has no place being in an origin team.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Five things after the Panthers v Knights clash.

a. Michael Jennings needs an attitude adjustment.

b. Michael Jennings will never be fully fit for a game of league apparently.

c. Michael Jennings has a go and doesn't look to be injured when there is open space in front of him.

d. Michael Jennings is lazy, pig headed or just plain stupid for being off side three times at the kick off.

e. Michael Jennings has no place being in an origin team.

Based on today, I agree. Also based on this weekend, Brett Stewart is automatically the NSW fullback. Fortunately there are alot of games between now and Origin.

watatank

Coach
what did Stewart do on the weekend that was so special?

missed the game but if the highlights and stats are anything to go by nothing particularly outstanding. and 8 runs for 45m just isn't good enough if NSW want to start sets well.

chrisD

Coach
Hayne is fullback, Morris on one wing and Gordon/Uate/Dugan fight it out for the other. Pearce/Carney are a lock in at 6 and 7.

Big Pete

Referee
Based on today, I agree. Also based on this weekend, Brett Stewart is automatically the NSW fullback. Fortunately there are alot of games between now and Origin.

What did Stewart do? Throw one good face pass and not get injured?

Kidley, Mini and Hayne all out-played him.

adamkungl

Immortal
Doubt Stewart will get a look in. Much like Mini, he has been replaced by the younger breed in his time out. Dugan or Hayne

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Aiden Tolman was absolutely outstanding tonight. If he isn't in the NSW squad for Origin 1 then we are in some serious trouble. 179 metres from 20 hit ups and 43 tackles. That is insane.

watatank

Coach
He started last year in similar fashion but got injured and never got back to his best.

Hope he stays injury free

watatank

Coach
He started last year in similar fashion but got injured and never got back to his best.

Hope he stays injury free

timka4

Bench
Was extremely impressed with Tolman tonight, I can't really decide who would be my 2nd prop on the bench alongside Mannah, but tonight he really pushed his case

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Josh Dugan
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Josh Morris
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Aku Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Ben Creagh
12. Mitchell Aubusson
13. Paul Gallen

14. Michael Weyman
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Jamal Idris
17. Luke Lewis

Atleast NSW have tremendous depth in the 3/4s and forwards this year. As usual though it will come down to the 6,7 & 9's ability to match it with Lockyer, Thurston and Smith.

Latest posts