What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

RHCP

Bench
That's because he has one of the lowest average runs for second rowers (6.9 runs per game, 81st out of 94). He doesn't go in and help the rest of the pack, he bludges out in the centres.

Gallen is an 80 minute player, as is Heighington. I think it would be one or the other out of those two, and due to the fact he's proven himself at this level Gal wins out. Ben Smith wouldn't look out of place on the bench though.

D

Deleted member 10972

That's because he has one of the lowest average runs for second rowers (6.9 runs per game, 81st out of 94). He doesn't go in and help the rest of the pack, he bludges out in the centres.

Gallen is an 80 minute player, as is Heighington. I think it would be one or the other out of those two, and due to the fact he's proven himself at this level Gal wins out. Ben Smith wouldn't look out of place on the bench though.

'Bludges' is the wrong word for it. He is a different sort of player. You wouldn't call Steve Menzies or Darren Smith, both of whom rarely made more than 8-9 runs a game, bludgers. They are a different style of player, their primary roles are their mobility in cover defense, and timely injections into the attacking line.

With guys like Myles, Ryles, Nuuauasala at the Roosters, he isn't needed for a massive workload. NSW having Watmough, Gallen, Heighington is the same...Aubusson could provide that attacking edge.

joseph1

Juniors
1) Dugan 2) Hayne 3) Jennings 4) Gasnier 5) Uate 6) Carney 7) Pearce 8) Learoyd-Lars 9) Farah 10) Snowden 11) Hindmarsh 12) Lewis 13) Bird. 14) Mannah 15) Grant 16) Heighington 17) Aubusson. The young guns.

timka4

Bench
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Gordon / Lawrence / Gasnier Whoever is firing the most in this position
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. TLL
11. Lewis
12. Gallen (C)
13. Bird

14. Mannah
15. Grant
16. Watmough
17. Gidley (Co C)

Keep this team for the series.

Hench

Juniors
1. Josh Dugan
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Beau Scott
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Greg Bird
7. Todd Carney
8. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tom Learoyd-Lars
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen
13. Chris Heighington

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tim Mannah
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Aiden Tolman

Timbo

Staff member
Give him a couple of years and Jarrod Croker will take a centre spot.

timka4

Bench
Yes, could easily happen

I lol at how Hench has a 2nd rower in the centres

and a back rower in5/8

1. Josh Dugan
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen
13. Greg Bird

Interchange

14. Anthony Watmough
15. Michael Weyman
16. Tim Mannah
17. Kurt Gidley

timka4

Bench
Don't laugh, knowing NSW it's probably the closest thing to what will run out in game 1 in this thread.

haha yeh probably. However, I feel a little better knowing that Beau Scott is playing in the 2nd row now and that they might forget he ever played centre. We can only hope

Hench

Juniors
Yes, could easily happen

I lol at how Hench has a 2nd rower in the centres

and a back rower in5/8

Bird has played at 5/8th before. And he will be 5/8th for the Titans all next year. It's not a stretch to say he will get picked there.

timka4

Bench
Bird has played at 5/8th before. And he will be 5/8th for the Titans all next year. It's not a stretch to say he will get picked there.
I know he has been. But I'm not sure if watched him this year in 5/8th. I bet his try assists would be under 10.
Why would you move him out of Lock as well, after he dominated game 3 so well there?

Yosh

Coach

He is a ball playing lock. He plays 5/8th because no quality 5/8ths play on his team (Titans do have Rogers but he is gone now). For Bird to play 5/8th he'd have to overtake:

Carney
Anasta
Mullen
Soward

He is not better than any of them in the 5/8th position.

What does everyone think about Gasnier? I think he has it in him to hit top gear again and show us how much we missed him. I think Lyon is probably the best right centre for NSW as well.

I don't get this Michael Gordon business in centre? Didn't he play fullback for Penrith this year? He is a tad small as well aint he?

D

Deleted member 10972

There are three outstanding ballplaying locks available for NSW - Lewis, Anasta and Bird. All are serviceable five-eighths too. And all of them are in outstanding form.

What the plan should be:

Expect to see Lewis play at lock for Australia during the 4-Nations and ANZAC Test next year. If this is the case, then he will automatically be picked for NSW in the Origin at lock.

Have Anasta (City) and Bird (Country) starting at lock in the CvC match before State Of Origin I, 2011. Whoever gives the most impressive performance should be selected on the bench for NSW as the utility.

I do not see the merit of selecting Gidley on the bench. If the hooker is going well, there is no use for Gidley. Lewis can shift into the outside backs if need be, and Anasta/Bird can both shift into the halves too, regardless of which half goes down (Carney can move into halfback if Pearce goes down). If the halves are fit and the hooker is going fine, then bring on Anasta or Bird as a running forward on the fringes.

Australian backrow:

11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Lewis

14. Cronk?
15. Gallen

City Backrow

11. Watmough
12. Waterhouse
13. Anasta

14. ???
15. Minichiello

Country Backrow

11. Creagh
12. Heighington
13. Bird

14. ???
15. Aubusson

And hence...NSW backrow...

11. Watmough/Creagh
12. Waterhouse/Heighington
13. Lewis

14. Anasta/Bird
15. Gallen

Timbo

Staff member
Even with virtually everyone posting a team in here saying Dugan for fullback, I'm willing to bet money the Hayne plane train bullsh*t continues into next year, and Hayne is picked as NSW fullback.

League_God

Juniors
1.Jarryd Hayne
2.Aku Uate
3.Mark Gasnier
4.Michael Jennings
5.Michael Gordon
6.Jamie Soward
7.Todd Carney
8.Michael Weyman
9.Kurt Gidley
10.Kade Snowden