What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

Allstar Knights

Juniors
He has a point. QLD have big stocky blokes like Scott, Civo, Shillington, Hannant who make plenty of metres in fewer runs then Tolman. We've never matched them yet in the last 5 years, not even close.

We definitely need big strong props to dominate QLD, but I think we could do with a Tolman. His work ethic is amazing and is exactly what Origin is all about. Pick 3 other big boppers (Snowden, TLL, Mannah) as well as a hard worker in Tolman and stick with that prop rotation for years. I bet we wouldn't regret it.

Last edited:

timka4

Bench
We definitely need big strong props to dominate QLD, but I think we could do with a Tolman. His work ethic is amazing and is exactly what Origin is all about. Pick 3 other big boppers (Snowden, TLL, Mannah) as well as a hard worker in Tolman and stick with that prop rotation for years. I bet we wouldn't regret it.
That would be my prop rotation for this series, 4 best props in NSW atm imo. Douglas just misses out

Jono078

Referee
Here's what Id go with right now

1 Josh Dugan - In hope he gets in a bit more form and injury free
2 Akuila Uate
3 Mark Gasnier / Michael Jennings
4 Josh Morris / Jamie Lyon
5 Brett Morris / Michael Gordon
6 Jamie Soward
7 Jarrod Mullen
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Michael Ennis
10 Kade Snowden
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Anthony Watmough
13 Paul Gallen (c)
--
14 Tim Mannah
15 Michael Weyman
16 Greg Bird / Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
17 Kurt Gidley

Goldthorpe

Bench
01. Jarryd Hayne [Eels]
02. Brett Morris [Dragons]
03. Mark Gasnier [Dragons]
04. Jamie Lyon [Sea Eagles]
05. Michael Gordon [Panthers]/Akuila Uate [Knights]
06. Jarrod Mullen [Knights]/Jamie Soward [Dragons]
07. Mitchell Pearce [Roosters]
08. Aiden Tolman [Bulldogs]/Michael Weyman [Dragons]
09. Robbie Farah [Tigers]
10. Kade Snowden [Sharks]
11. Anthony Watmough [Sea Eagles]
12. Paul Gallen [Sharks]/Ben Creagh [Dragons]
13. Greg Bird [Titans]

14. Kurt Gidley [Knights]
15. Tim Mannah [Eels]
16. Michael Weyman [Dragons]/Aiden Tolman [Bulldogs]
17. Luke Lewis [Panthers]

Noname36

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Gordon (gk)
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Mullen
8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Gallen (c)
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Mannah
16. TLL (if he improves his form, if not Weyman)
17. Lewis/Houston

Last edited:
1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Soward (gk)
7. Mullen
8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Gallen (c)
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Mannah
16. TLL (if he improves his form, if not Weyman)
17. Lewis/Houston

If Gordon gets picked he will be goalkicker

Jono078

Referee
i can't believe people are leaving Hayne out.
True, I just forgot, id have him on one of the wings then.

Id like Uate in there also, but I really like Michael Gordon, really solid player and good goal kicker, but Uate has a bit of that x-factor and pace to burn, hmm...

Yeah im thinking Gordon might be really unlucky. He has been outstanding in a poor side this year but if Dugan is fullback and Hayne on one of the wings i could accept Uate getting the other spot but not Morris

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah seriously - no way should Brett Morris be ahead of Michael Gordon for a spot. He has been average for NSW in the past, his club form is nowhere near as good as Gordon this year - there's no reason for him to be considered at the moment.

I think Flash might miss out though. Being moved to fullback will give Uate an edge over him for the right wing spot, while Hayne and Dugan seem to be the only players even being considered for a spot at fullback. If Dugan bounces back from his injury and puts in a few games, I think he'll get the fullback spot with Hayne on the left wing. Leaving no spots available for Flash.

True, I just forgot, id have him on one of the wings then.

Id like Uate in there also, but I really like Michael Gordon, really solid player and good goal kicker, but Uate has a bit of that x-factor and pace to burn, hmm...
yeah 4 sure. the guys a brilliant player but just really unfortunate. if dugan can't find form i would probably have him at fb

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Hayne - Has to play. Steps up in Origin big time.
2. Uate - Will cause headaches for QLD. If he's not scoring tries hes smashing it up through the middle making a crazy amount of metres. Seen glimpses on Sunday of him getting back to form.
3. Gasnier - Getting back to form and their isn't a lot of competition
4. J Morris - A very strong ball run with plenty of speed. He's the only other option worth picking.
5. Gordon - Has been an absolute gun at FB. Hopefully he plays like that on the wing
6. Soward - Been so consistent the last few seasons. Need his kicking game.
7. Mullen - Same as Soward, kicking game as well as his ability to shift the ball wide
8. Tolman - Got a great work ethic, just what NSW need. Form prop in the comp
9. Farah - He's the best NSW have. Very creative out of dummy half
10. Snowden - Plenty of grunt in his runs this year. In good form and a must for NSW
11. Gallen (c)- Playing great this year. Seems to of got some of the shit out of his game. He's my captain too.
12. Watmough - Steps up in Origin. In good enough form
13. Bird - He's been our #1 player for NSW in most games. First player picked

14. Gidley - Provides great utility value off the bench. Can create some spark at hooker later in the game.
15. Lewis/Heighington - Not sure when Lewis is coming back? If he's fit and playing well enough, I'd pick him but IMO Heighington just looks like an Origin type of player that would do well.
16. Mannah - Another prop we have that is in good form and played well in last years Origin.
17. TLL - A bad start to the year but is starting to pick up form. A must pick regardless because he steps up in Origin

RABK

Referee
we need mungrel

8. Gibbs
9. Ennis
10. les boyd
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Geyer

Allstar Knights

Juniors
On last years form (mainly towards the end of the season). Gibbs wouldn't be far off making the team tbh

Last edited:

Latest posts