What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

Tommy Smith

Referee
I dont want that turd Kurt Gidley on the bench. Not good enough to be FB, 5/8 or hooker for NSW. Being good in one position and average in about 4 others doesn't make one a good utility.

Id much rather someone like Idris who would provide plenty of impact coming on in the second row with his ability to bend and break the line and create second phase play. And he can also cover the 3/4 line. Farah should have the backing of Stuart and play the full 80min...then we'll see how good he can be in a Blues jumper. So no need for an interchange hooker.

Also if only John Sutton could play like he did Monday night every game. He could come on after 20min and terrorise the QLDers.

adamkungl

Immortal
I wouldn't have John Sutton in first grade let alone anywhere near a NSW jersey. He's a f**king genius of a footballer.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Gordon
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Beau Champion
5. Aku Uate
6. Kurt Gidley (don't rate him that much as a 5/8 normally, but is playing really well for Newcastle)
7. Jarrod Mullen (Form half for NSW, has a strong combination with Gids)
8. Kade Snowden
9. Dean Young (plays the opening 20 here then shifts to the back row rotation)
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Greg Bird
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Robbie Farah (comes on after 20)
15. Dan Hunt
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Tim Mannah

Yes it is a huge bench, but I think it is well covered for injuries. 4 guys who can play back row, if a half gets injured Bird can play in the halves, and Lewis can cover the backline if required.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I wouldn't have John Sutton in first grade let alone anywhere near a NSW jersey. He's a f**king genius of a footballer.
If he didn't have to play the Chief so much as well as play outside of a gimp-like spastic of a halfback at Souths then i reckon he'd flourish as a running lock forward or 5/8.

He tore the Dragons apart on Monday night at will. Super talented, but yes, super geniused at times as well unfortunately.

If he didn't have to play the Chief so much as well as play outside of a gimp-like spastic of a halfback at Souths then i reckon he'd flourish as a running lock forward or 5/8.

He tore the Dragons apart on Monday night at will. Super talented, but yes, super geniused at times as well unfortunately.

Sutton would go well as a foil for a decent half, like Thurston or Cronk. But players like that don't cut it for me in origin, if his halves partner has a shocker, he is practically useless.

RHCP

Bench
Gidley is an extremely average 5/8, and I'm a Newcastle fan.

I'd rather recall Trent Barrett then see Gids in the sky blue 6.

timka4

Bench
Not this year, not that I don't think he can't do it. But give him a solid year in first grade then maybe next year if he keeps up the good work

RABK

Referee
Well we have to select him before QLD find out he once caught a cold spread to him from a bloke who once shook hands with a man married to a woman born in QLD.