What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

Goddo

Bench
This is the team i think will get selected by Stuart and co... not what i would have....

Hayne
Morris
Gasnier
Idris
Uate
Gidley
Pearce
Snowden
Ennis
Weyman
Creagh
Gallen (c)
Bird

Lewis
Mannah
TLL
Young

Unfortunately you are probably right on the money. Forwards aren't too bad, I can live with it. But the backs are atrocious. Idris will be a revolving door in defence.

Queensland will pick its halves/bench utility as
6 Lockyer
7 Thurston
9 Smith
14 Cronk

What do we throw up against that?

6 Giddley - bench utility at best, plays his best football at 9 or 1.
7 Pearce - 2nd best NSW has available, makes no sense without Carney
9 Ennis - good hooker, but bit of a lose cannon, not our best attacking hooker
14 Young - basically a second rower with good hands.

I'd have gone with Soward, Mullen, Farah and Gidley (if we have to have him)

Hutty1986

Immortal

Spanner in the works

First Grade
It's very light on in the forwards. Not sure I like it at all. In fact I pretty much hate it. But if that's what is the likely side, and keeping most of it together, I could live with:

1. Dugan
2. Hayne

9. Farah
11. TLL

14. Gidley
15. Merrin
16. Mannah
17. Young

RABK

Referee
He might make some bad defensive reads but one thing he doesn't do is go missing when he is asked to do the rough stuff

Don't worry about hutty. He see's Idris rollin over the top of dragons, he hatin

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Form based side???

Top fantasy point side anyway
New South Wales
1. Michael Gordon (Penrith, 302 Fantasy points)
The top-ranked Fantasy outside back, Gordon is the incumbent winger from game three of 2010. His goal-kicking, in addition to his running game give the Penrith custodian the edge for the Blues No.1.
2. Will Hopoate (Manly, 286 Fantasy points)
Off the back of his strongest performance yet against Penrith, the young Manly outside back has been filling in seamlessly for Brett Stewart but is just as at home on the wing. Could be the breath of fresh air the Blues need.
3. Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra, 262 Fantasy points)
Appearing only to get better with age, Gasnier’s return to form has come just in time for rep season. With nine Origin appearances behind him, will also add experience to a potentially young Blues backline.
4. Jamal Idris (Canterbury-Bankstown, 233 Fantasy points)
The form centre of 2011, Idris is proving a bonanza for Fantasy owners and also the great hope of NSW fans looking to stop the rot. Will have learned from a rough entry into Origin in 2010 and be better for it.
5. Blake Ferguson (Canberra, 231 Fantasy points)
A breakout season for a superstar on a struggling team, Ferguson has provided a rare spark in a Raiders backline that has been missing key playmakers. Can find the tryline and create something from nothing.
6. Jamie Soward (St George Illawarra, 229 Fantasy points)
Critics will highlight Soward’s hesitance in taking his attack to the line and also his defensive weaknesses, however as the general behind the defending premiers and with the strongest kicking game in the comp, his time may be due.
7. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters, 212 Fantasy points)
Having fought his way back into the NSW fold in 2010, Pearce is the incumbent who is also the leading Blues-eligible No.7 by Fantasy numbers. Earmarked as the NSW playmaker moving forward, he’s done enough to hold his spot.
8. Aiden Tolman (Canterbury-Bankstown, 276 Fantasy points)
The outstanding prop-forward of 2011 thus far and the Fantasy leader among all bookends, Tolman is giving Blues fans plenty to be hopeful about. Part of a new winning culture with the Bulldogs, seems primed for a rep debut.
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers, 201 Fantasy points)
The most hotly contested spot in the Blues squad, Farah gets the inside running on incumbent No.9 Michael Ennis. While no Fantasy hooker is within cooee of Cameron Smith, Farah is the distant second.
10. Luke Bailey (Gold Coast Titans, 224 Fantasy points)
At 31 and with 15 Origin games experience, Bailey is another player returning to the ageless for that made him a NSW regular. Matching it with the younger props of the NRL, the evergreen Titans captain shows no sign of slowing down.
11. Ben Creagh (St George Illawarra, 266 Fantasy points)
The most reliable strike weapon in underwhelming NSW team over the past two campaigns, Creagh’s Origin history shows he’s clocked four tries in five games. This year he’s Fantasy NRL’s top-ranked second-rower and in career-best form.
12. Andrew Ryan (Canterbury-Bankstown, 253 Fantasy points)
The heart and soul of the Bulldogs, Ryan brings not just the kind of form that has him reappearing as a Fantasy heavyweight, but also the rare experience of having played in two successful NSW series wins.
13. Paul Gallen (Cronulla, 334 Fantasy points)
The benchmark of the NRL in 2011, be it Fantasy or reality, Gallen is a must to make the Blues lock position his own. A likely Origin captain, the Sharks leader will provide the spark and leadership we see week in, week out.
14. Chris Heighington (Wests Tigers, 251 Fantasy points)
An Origin-calibre player throughout his career, Heighington is stepping up even more as a leader in a Tigers side struggling against injury. Another player in the mould of Gallen, has a tireless work ethic and a wealth of NRL experience.
15. Luke Douglas (Cronulla, 215 Fantasy points)
Another star player on a struggling team, Douglas is finally getting the recognition he deserves, as highlighted by the Titans mid-season acquisition. The resilient forward has not missed a game since making his debut in 2006.
16. Kade Snowden (Cronulla, 211 Fantasy points)
Neck and neck with Douglas, Snowden rounds out the top four Fantasy props who are all Blues eligible. One of the hottest properties among the game’s young forwards, will look to build on his debut performance in 2010’s game three.
17. Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights, 193 Fantasy points)
Sometimes there are contributions that can’t be measured in stats or Fantasy numbers and room simply has to be made for Gidley. He’s one of the most versatile players in the game, an experienced leader and a NSW mainstay.

LINK

Interesting

RABK

Referee
If Hoppa has a blinder in city/country he's a real chance. QLD didn't nurture falou or inglis. Good enough, old enough.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
My only real problems with that side is having both Bailey and Ryan in the side. Neither are spring chickens anymore, and while they are genuine leaders and professionals with a great work ethic, I think there is a strong argument for only picking one or the other. I think you can run with the experience of Gallen, Creagh (despite my reservations about him) and Bailey, and balance that experience out with someone a little bit younger. For that I'd have to say get Bird in the backrow.

Mr Saab

Referee
If Hoppa has a blinder in city/country he's a real chance. QLD didn't nurture falou or inglis. Good enough, old enough.

Inglis and Folau were brought into winning teams and culture. NSW are a rabble and brining him in could ruin him.
Having said that, NSW have to try something...so why not.