What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cop the hint fellas.

Ink in

2. B. Morris

8. K. Snowden

12. B. Creagh
13. P. Gallen

J. Idris and B. Scott could be either starting centres or used as backrowers.

The selectors have shown thier thinking.

adamkungl

Immortal
Morris is about the 4th best winger in NSW...but yeah we know he's going to be there, keeping out players like Dugan, Gordon, Uate. Disgraceful really.

chrisD

Coach
Media is reporting second hand info from people who had it from Sheens, not really relevant to what Sticky is thinking and Sheens didn't have incumbency to consider. Both players are equally worthy anyway.

Jono078

Referee
Yep I'd currently have Uate Hayne and Gordon ahead of Morris.

Gotta feel for the 2 that miss out to Morris and the other one.

Goddo

Bench
Well, we can lock in the guys playing for Australia for a spot - Morris, Snowden, Creagh, Gallen, Idris.

And there is talk that Bird and Gasnier are being left out of CvC because they are already in.

With Young and Gidley injured the rotation plan rumoured for 9 will be scrapped, and either Ennis or Farah will get the hooker role.

Soward and Hayne just need to not fall over their own feet and they will be selected.

So the side probably pencilled in so far as:

1 Hayne
2 Morris
3 Idris or Morris - I'd rather not have Idris on the bench, but Morris may get 3, Idris 15
4 Gasnier
5 Uate
6 Soward
7 Pearce or Mullen
8 Snowden
9 Ennis or Farah
11 Bird
12 Creagh
13 Gallen

adamkungl

Immortal
Idris's continued selection in rep sides is the most nonsensical. What is it with selectors and ridiculous haircuts? How does he make the Aus side? Maybe he could be NSW centre, he's probably about even with Morris. But if he doesn't, then don't stick him on the bloody bench!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I am really hoping the twins play on the left together.

Idris plays right and may well play in tighter.

CvC suggests it is Hayne v "The Dugan" leaving Gordon Uate etc playing for the right wing. I think Uate will win that.

Not long before the side is announced, which wil no doubt leave some disgusted

Goddo

Bench
Idris's continued selection in rep sides is the most nonsensical. What is it with selectors and ridiculous haircuts? How does he make the Aus side? Maybe he could be NSW centre, he's probably about even with Morris. But if he doesn't, then don't stick him on the bloody bench!

I know it is rediculous... What the FK is Idris going to do from the bench? mind boggling.

I hope I'm wrong, but we have got pretty clear indication from the two rep games of where they are leaning. Idris will either start at 3 or get a bench spot and Josh Morris will start.

joseph1

Juniors
Joseph's Blues: Hayne, Gordon, Cooper, Gasnier, Uate, Soward, Pearce, Mannah, Farah, Snowden, Hindmarsh, Lewis, Bird - Young, Tolman, Learoyd-Lars, and the 17th man is Glenn Stewart. Coops and Hindy begged to play. Lewis the captain. 3-0 to NSW

Jono078

Referee
Why is it that everyone is now selecting Pearce over Mullen?

Did I miss something that happened in the previous round ?

Are you selecting him because he is the incumbent, you believe his form will suddenly turn around?

Mullen's been great except for one game. His kicking game has been up there with the nest when it comes to finding open space.

joseph1

Juniors
Not really fussed on Pearce or Mullen, I just think he is the incumbent, decision was made
last year, need to give him another series at least.

timka4

Bench

1 Dugan
- Future superstar for sure. Needs to be blooded now.
2 Hayne - Proven success on the wing, NSW best player for 2 years running.
3 Gasnier - Getting back to his best, probably the best centre in NSW.
4 Gordon - Problem position with Lyon being flakey again. If Lyon wants to play he's my first pick. If not, then who's left? Idris, Josh Morris, Jennings. imo Gordon doesn't deserve to be dropped after proving himself last year and his favourite position is reportedly centre. Could be worth a shot. Alternative backline, and probably less controversial: Hayne Gordon Gasnier Morris Uate.
5 Uate - Another future superstar. In, now.
6 Soward - With Carney gone, this shouldn't even be a debate, and I don't even like him that much as a player. Flawless kicking game though.
7 Pearce - Pearce v Mullen. There's no one else. Pearce's current form leaves something to be desired, but has shown himself to be a classy young player over the last few years and that doesn't disappear in a month. As the incumbent he should get the nod.
8 Snowden - One of the top front rowers in the game for a few years now and showed what he can do last year.
9 Farah - Class player, hopefully will be fit. Ennis is shite.
10 Leahroyd-Lars - Absolutely proved himself last series. Love his work.
11 Bird - Every time he plays rep football steps up without fail. Should be first player picked imo.
12 Gallen - Absolutely massive workrate and seems to be showing more discipline these days.
13 Lewis (c) - Top player, amazed he wasn't captain last year

14 Gidley
- We all know he's a certainty, no point beating around the bush anymore. And to be fair, was very good in game 3 last year. Stay away from fullback.
15 Tolman - The only forward new to the side, a top up-and-comer. This spot could also be filled by Merrin or Grant, but Tolman is the best of the bunch imo.
16 Mannah - Another young forward who proved himself last year, along with Snowy and TLL. Keep these guys in and we have the pack to beat QLD, if not this year then next.
17 Watmough - Farce if he isn't selected, has been devastating in the past.
I like this side a lot, however I would give captaincy too Gallen, and swap Gaz and Gordon over, Gaz is better on the right. My halfback choice will have too wait after CvC.

I know its only one game, but I can't really decide between the two halves. This CvC will be one of the best in a long time IMO due to 'so many' origins spots (as Sticky says) being up for grabs.
I think a lot of people will be desperate.

Latest posts