What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The referee was a joke

AliN

Live Update Team
the ref was bad, and it did go both ways.
He should stick by his word, and Seuseu should've gone for 10 minutes.
The touchies are just as much to blame.

But I really thought both teams played well.

While I'm happy the Warriors have finally put on a performance the fans didn't need to cringe about, any time right til the final whistle the Raiders could've won..

woodgers

Bench
Steve Lyons is a disgrace.

He f**king hates us. I am unsure who is worse, Lyons or Hayne. The problem is between the 2 of them they have cost us heaps of times in the past 2 years and nothing is done about it. The fact that the top refs always do the Friday night game, and we barely get any means that we also cop the refs making up the numbers. Does Lyons realise it is not AFL and players can be sent?

Don Furner should do what he should have done ages ago and show the treatment we get from these 2 refs to the NRL, and make sure they don't ref us again. I don't think Don is doing a good job at all, our signings and players leaving/negotiating contracts proves that.

The Gafa decision was a crucial mistake and won the game for the Warriors. I thought we got a penatly that is how bad a decision that was.

Warriors, I never had a problem with before. After today I dispise them. They are dirty and cheap, and they try and <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=cover&v=56">cover</a> for a lack of skill by taking out the opposition. If that is a sign of Tony Kemp's new plan then they will go further backwards.

Its high time elliott made some changes, if things dont change soon and he keeps persisting with a lineup that isnt working we arent going to get anywhere.

1. Clinton Schifcofske (I thought he was reasonably solid today considering his form of late)
2. Matt Gafa
3. Adam Mogg (best in the backline today apart from gafa)
4. Joel Monaghan
5. Michael Robertson
6. Mark McLinden
7. Todd Carney (it couldnt hurt to give him a shot, I heard he blitzed an u19 origin game)
8. Ryan O'Hara
9. Simon Woolford
10. Luke Davico
11. Ruben Wiki
12. Michael Hodgson
13. Jason Croker

14. Ian Hindmarsh
15. Alan Rothery
16. Josh Miller
17. Phil Graham

Instead of having Bulgarelli there who cant create opportunities give the spot to graham, at least he might provide some spark off the bench instead of providing two dropped balls in two games against the same team.

I agree with the ref being shite, but I think he was equally shite to both teams, the raiders got away with a fair bit also.

Thanks for the memories Booga, you shocking bastard.

Anonymous

Juniors
This is how I'd go:

1-Marshall Chalk (Choc really needs a rest)
2-Matt Gafa
3-Adam Mogg
4-Joel Monaghan
5-Phil Graham (Someone who wont run 700m cross-field)
6-Mark McLinden
7-Todd Carney (Deserves a go)
8-Ryan O'Hara
9-Simon Woolford
10-Luke Davico
11-Ruben Wiki
12-Ian Hindmarsh
13-Jason Croker

14-Michael Hodgson
15-Alan Rothery
16-Josh Miller
17-Brad Drew

The key moment at the end of that match was when the warriors were awarded six more. I was very keen to see the replay of such a vital moment, but they never showed it. I still have my doubts about what happened there.

Anonymous

Juniors
They only showed replays of really crucial things....Like Warriors players packing scrums or drinking from water bottles. Usually during Raiders sets of 6.

From the Foxsports match report...

Tensions flared 15 minutes into the first half when pushing and shoving between Raiders prop Jason Crocker and Warriors lock Wairangi Koopu erupted into an all-in dust-up.

Crocker appeared to take exception to a high tackle on Raiders prop Luke Davico by Warriors prop Jerry Seuseu, which saw a dazed Davico leave the field for a time and Seuseu put on report.

--------

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

C-R-O-K-E-R!

It's not that hard, you imbeciles.

jed

First Grade
1 - Gafa
2 - Graham
3 - Mogg
4 - Monaghan
5 - Robbo (where did he disappear to today, btw???)
6 - McLinden
7 - Carney (let's blood him while we're able to)
8 - O'Hara
9 - Woolford
10 - Davico
11 - Wiki
12 - Hindmarsh
13 - Croker

14 - Hodgson
15 - Miller
16 - Rothery
17 - Kahler

Anonymous

Juniors
Who wants to bet me that Idiot, er, Elliot, refuses to make the hard calls and we retain Bulgarelli and Schifcofske next week (Actually ditching Bulgarelli isn't a tough call, it's a damn easy one, but Elliot wont make it.)

1 - Schif
2 - Gafa
3 - Mogg
4 - Monaghan
5 - Robbo
6 - McLinden
7 - Carney
8 - O'Hara
9 - Woolford
10 - Davico
11 - Wiki
12 - Hindmarsh
13 - Croker

14 - Hodgson
15 - Martin
16 - Rothery
17 - Drew

As much as I'd like to see Graham in the team, it won't happen. He's been average in PL, his form certainly doesn't warrant selection. Schif will never be dropped, period.

How to Lose a game, by the Canberra Raiders

Chapter 3

The raiders ventured to NZ this time, in another showing of the skills, they have effectively awoken the sleeping giant that is the Warriors, in gifting the 2 points, with a little help from Clown Lyons....

When is chapter 4?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
1. Schif
2. Robbo
3. Mogg
4. Monaghan
5. Gafa
6. Croker
7. McLinden
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Davico
11. Wiki
12. Hodgson
13. Hindmarsh

14. Martin
15. Rothery
16. Kahler
17. Drew

If Schif has to have a rest. I'd go Gafa at fullback, Graham to Gafas wing.

greeneyed

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
I usually don't like to take the approach that a referee cost us a game, but f**k me Steve Lyons was awful.

In the first half there were several high tackles against us, and he warned Monty Betham that next time he'd send someone off. So there was a next time, but Seu Seu a repeat offender, did another high tackle... and took no action. Grow some balls son.

And then with 7 minutes to go, he did cost us the game. Gafa was playing the ball, the Warriors bloke was all over him and pushed him back, and the referee ruled a knock on (the ball never went forward, it was just a sloppy play the ball which the Warriors caused). From the ensuing scrum, the Warriors scored the match winning try.

f**k!

I agree totally. And what about the penalty against Clinton for running again? Why not just say, no you were tackled and I called that, go back and play it there, as refs do time and time again? And why did he wait so long to call 6 again..... towards the end... and we kick it when there are 6 tackles to go?

Latest posts