What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The refs

nz eagle

Juniors
I am biased, but that pass was 5 metres forward thrown on the 10 metre line. That is the worst ref decision I can remember.

We did deserve to give away most of those penalties, but if they dont score that try we win.

That is a complete joke. All the referees should be demoted.

CanadianEagle

Juniors
...just another NRL result with a big hand played by the referee's..

I'm not saying they were 100% why the Eels won, but if you don't say they played a part, you're a f**king idiot!

Last edited by a moderator:

El Diablo

Post Whore
...just another NRL result with a big hand played by the referee's..

I'm not saying they were 100% why the Eels won, but if you don't say they played a part, you're a f**king idiot!

Manly were laying all over players in the first half and were hardly penalised.

at one stage in the second half they were penalised 5 times in a row and never got a player binned despite a warning on the 4th penalty

Eaglebuzz

Juniors
Both sides were laying all over the play the ball in both halves. If the refs would just stay out of it it wouldn't be an issue.

phonetic

Juniors
Reminded me a bit of a pass in a Canterbury vs Saints semi at Kogarah in 98. Long memory when it comes to bad calls we have, us Saints fans.

It was pretty bad, and the pass before it was also borderline forward, but once it's done, it's done. Manly had to get it together and didn't.

Don't know what to make of Parra at the moment.

CanadianEagle

Juniors
Both sides were laying on players in the tackles...

When is the referring in the NRL going to improve???

Deadset, this isn't the only match in 2010 they have stuffed up, countless matches in 2009 and an inmeasuarable amount of matches in the past where ref's have blatantly screwed up and it has decided the outcome of a match.

With the technology and professionalism we have in this day and age, it is not forgivable that referees 'make mistakes'.. that's a fair enough excuse for players screwing up and determining an outcome of a match, but the level of the sport of Rugby League is being reduced by the incompacity of the referees in first grade in Rugby League in Australia.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Maybe because they were from different infringements by different players?

lol

since when has that been the only time someone was binned?

the refs warn the captains that the next player gets binned

i seem to recall that happening today yet 1 minute later he does nothing when he gave another penalty

Dutchy

Immortal
Since when has there been consistency though El D?

Going off your logic Justin Poore should have been sin binned because George Rose was last week.

coolsteve

Juniors
when did the nrl change the rule about passing the ball from the ground,eg hayne on his ar$e and passing for that try?

hayne was right there.demote him if he cant see that,he`s got no hope of adjudicating anything anything close

It completely escapes me how refs and touch judges miss howlers like this one routinely. Then they'll pull up passes that are a millimetre forward or not even forward.

With a bad error like this I reckon there's a case for the video ref to be screaming in the ref's ear before he awards the try and tell him he's about to make a massive error. (hang on, that might create more problems as most of the video refs are worse than the on field ones :sarcasm:)

I suspect a large part of the problem is the refs too busy concentrating on key indicators, tackle id, vocabulary and coaching the players to referee properly. Maybe they should just shut up, stop all the chatter, penalise the penalties as they see them and get on with the game.

when did the nrl change the rule about passing the ball from the ground,eg hayne on his ar$e and passing for that try?

It should have been a penalty if a Manly player had a hand on him. I only say should not would because who knows what random decision the refs will come up with after considering the favoured team adjustment, lets even up the match factor and the hometown bonus.

In Hayne's case it was ok to pass, as no Manly player had a hand on him.

Fibroman

First Grade
The refereeing in the first 2 rounds has been disgraceful. It just goes from bad to worse. They have turned the game into a game of touch footy where the refs whistle determines the momentum of the game.

I have never seen so many penalties blown up for minor infringements in the ruck area.

They get more than 50% of the forward pass calls wrong.

I might as well start watching rugby yawnion because there will be less stoppages in the game soon.