What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rip Taylor appreciation thread

roopy

Referee
Having our Flegg boys coached by Rip was like winding the clock back to the 70s. He turned our forwards into bigger versions of Reg Reagan. He brought back the biff.

OK - we lost every penalty count for three years - but we turned out forwards who live to monster the opposition - Adrian Morley clones in years to come.

Big Dane Tilse was probably his greatest 'product' - but guys like Andriessen, Frize, Snowden, Laban, Hlad, Tuafua, Jeans, Schillings, Tupou - and last but not least - Timmy Natusch - all have the stamp of Taylor all over them.

The Bulldogs want to win by 'owning' the middle of the field. It is what every forward wanted to do in the 70s - and Rip has instilled that ethos into our Flegg boys.

roopy

Referee
Swampy is more than entitled to his opinion.
Most current coaches and administrators would agree with him that the era of the thug forward is over - and not missed.

I'm an old dinosaur like Rip - so I love it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
speaking to a few of our boys yesterday they're looking forward to playing under this bloke next year.

Go the Ripstar...

TooheysNew

Coach
Piss off mate. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion, you just look like you have a major chip on your shoulder about something.

Johns Magic

Referee
Dilmah said:
Piss off mate. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion, you just look like you have a major chip on your shoulder about something.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's sick of hearing it.

Swampy

Juniors
Johns Magic and Dilmah would it be more acceptable if I was to join the Micheal Hagan bashing club?Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't seem to recall a post or a remark from either of you to the same effect when Michael Hagan was getting bashed from pillar to post on this forum about his coaching abilities.

Maybe you two may have a personal interest in this matter.And like Roopy said it's a matter of opinion.So what are you saying?I'm not allowed to express an opinoin on this forum specificly about coaches only if it meets your approval?

girvie

Staff member
Perhaps you should state why he is not a good coach.

Eg not picking a certain player in the side.

roopy

Referee
Swampy wouldn't be the first person to dislike Rip Taylor.
He is the sort of guy you either love or hate - and always has been.
The Wyong leagues club has pictures of him on the wall - but you don't have to talk to too many people there to find some who can't stand him.
Like all really successful coaches - he gets the best out of his players - but he is very quick to cut them loose if he decides he has a better option available.

TooheysNew

Coach
Swampy said:
Johns Magic and Dilmah would it be more acceptable if I was to join the Micheal Hagan bashing club?Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't seem to recall a post or a remark from either of you to the same effect when Michael Hagan was getting bashed from pillar to post on this forum about his coaching abilities.

Maybe you two may have a personal interest in this matter.And like Roopy said it's a matter of opinion.So what are you saying?I'm not allowed to express an opinoin on this forum specificly about coaches only if it meets your approval?
Here we go again :roll: You and your bloody conspiracy theories.

I didn't say you needed to stop, I just said i'm sick of hearing it, therefore, i will stop reading it. Pretty simple stuff mate.

Latest posts