1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

The RLIF mid season test shambles

Discussion in 'International' started by roughyedspud, Mar 23, 2018.

1. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

We'll see if attitudes change when Australia aren't world number 1 & world champs...

2. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

I see the cricket have lost by 492run..

Can I say...as a nation,a culture,Australia needs a massive attitude adjustment..

And I'm not your usual whinging pom,my brother & sister are Australian,born and raised mt Dandenong,vic, and I'll end my days on the northern beaches...

But this win at all costs & insular attitude has to stop...it's doing you no favours.

3. clarency

clarency Juniors

It doesn't necessarily apply there as creating teams in Perth and Adelaide make them part of the NRL, and it then becomes in their best interest to see them succeed.

But there are other reasons why they are being ignored.

4. Burns

Burns First Grade

At least it’s not been cancelled yet!

5. Pommy

Pommy Coach

My worry is they are delaying to try and ensure there’s no time to reorganise anything.

6. deal.with.it

deal.with.it Juniors

Christophe Jouffret had once said that despite RU and Vichy influence, it was French RL that did not capitalise on opportunities they did have - rather than focusing on what was taken away.

I can’t help be think that we may be in a similar time whereby future generations will talk about the missed opportunity.

70k at Old Trafford 2013 WC Final
    50k at Suncorp 2017 WC Final
    And the sport just never really kicked on.

7. Springs09

Springs09 Juniors

*40k at Suncorp

We can say now that the sport hasn't kicked on since 2013 WC. 2014 4N was good, 2015 & 2016 were rubbish and 2017 should have been a lot bigger and likely would have been complete shit if not for Tonga & PNG.

roughyedspud likes this.
  8. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

We'll kick it on again in 2021...but we can't do it alone!

9. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Yep. Too many in this sport rather play victim than put in hard yards. Ingrained mentality.

France were a competitive force immediately after WW2 ended and through to the 70s, before sputtering out in the 80s and fading completely in the 90s. Decades of competing at the highest level before blowing it.

Pommy and deal.with.it like this.