What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters' bandwagon

HEY!!...You leave the Roosters alone! Them losing today by 18-22 won me the Pick-the-Score dividend on FootyTAB! QUITE unbelievably - my SECOND pick the score for the round (First time EVER I've done that - in all my years of FootyTAB punting!!) after nailing the Parramatta v Warriors one yesterday! :D

And yes - it WAS my shout down the pub this arvo! :cool:

Oh, and - I don't care how many people were there...Everyone knows the Roosters are 'Rent-a-Crowd' artists from waayyyyyy back - and have some of the most fickle 'regular' fans in the business to boot!

I wouldn't be surprised if there were only 8 thousand there today...and they PUBLISHED 10k!

Not surprised at all...CERTAINLY wouldn't be the first time they puled that 'un! ;-)

c_eagle

Juniors
I paid 17 bucks to sit in GA today. That was at a concession price, btw. Ridiculous!! I think an adult ticket is over 25 bucks.

LRC

I paid $25...my wife who never misses went strolling around fox studios...too expensive for GA.
I would love to see other sydeny clubs figures against the storm...not too much better really.

Yep...storm is the lowest drawing team...funny how fans dont want to watch an attacking opposition take apart the Roosters ??

Stagger eel

Staff member
speaking to friends who were at the game last night they scoffed at suggestions that were 10k they say it was more like 7 or 8.

ozzie

Bench
oh dear here we go agaoin. I bet your friend counted them on their fingers and toes

innsaneink

Referee
HMS Cheesemaker said:
R19 2004 - Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm - Leichhardt Oval - 5648

Now, there's a bandwagonless attendence to be embarrassed about.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/games/melbourne.html

Plenty of terrible crowds to be seen there.

The danny Williams dog act incident.

Live on FOX saturday nite.
All Blacks Wallabies also live that nite
Pissed down rain as well most of the day and night.

Not making excuses, just reminding people of the day in question.

HMS Cheesemaker said:

17, 000 at Leicharddt the next year. The Tigers were running about 10th at the time.

BTW What's the excuse for only 12k turning up at WIN yesterday? I thought that after all your years of being premiership favourites you could garner a bit more support

MEATWAD

Juniors
About 9 to 11k is about the extent of the 'diehard' crowd post-2002 (prior to 2002 I would say 7k to 9k). Less than 9k usually takes some doing (eg freezing cold raining Saturday night). Even say in 2003/2004 we'd only get 10 or 12k to games like yesterdays. I remember a bitterly cold, miserable, drizzling Monday night against Penrith in 2001, crowd was about 4k. [[ edit: according to stats.rleague.com it was over 9k, shows you how memory plays tricks ]].

TV Ted Ellery said:
BTW What's the excuse for only 12k turning up at WIN yesterday? I thought that after all your years of being premiership favourites you could garner a bit more support

Not an excuse, but Saints have typically not drawn very well to home games in the early season.

I was dissapointed, but wasn't honestly expecting much more than that.

Expecting a much better crowd for the Broncos game in round 4.

sunny

just out of curiousity, what's the lowest crowd for an nrl game since the teams were in their current format (2003 to now)

KFC

Juniors
MEATWAD said:
About 9 to 11k is about the extent of the 'diehard' crowd post-2002 (prior to 2002 I would say 7k to 9k). Less than 9k usually takes some doing (eg freezing cold raining Saturday night). Even say in 2003/2004 we'd only get 10 or 12k to games like yesterdays. I remember a bitterly cold, miserable, drizzling Monday night against Penrith in 2001, crowd was about 4k. [[ edit: according to stats.rleague.com it was over 9k, shows you how memory plays tricks ]].

I was at that game it poured rain all night and we got beaten by Penrith who only won a handful of games that year. Shocking.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I had a look at the crowd averages in 2004 or 2005 (not sure now) and something like 6 of the 10 worst drawing games involved the Storm. I was recording all the crowds for every game and after something like 19 rounds when I stopped, I sorted and found an alarming record for the storm drawing poor crowds, particularly as an away side.

The strange thing is the storm have a fairly exciting game play too so it's a little wierd. Sure they probably have less fans than the average club, but frankly their footy is usually good to watch.

The Colonel

Immortal
Storm games rate poorly in Sydney due to the lack of an away crowd - why else would Fitzgerald have a go at the Storm before every game they play at Parramatta Stadium.

chunk

Juniors
HMS Cheesemaker said:

Also thats after 5 years of poor performances withe the Wests Tigers and fifiteen with Balmain and Wests.

Then 18000 at Leichhardt after a little bit of success.

ST George and Easts have no excuses.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters games rate poorly full stop. Their averages have never been overly impressive, and they've certainly never topped Brisbane or NQ, or even gone close. The only consistently high-averaging clubs are those two and Canterbury, and, of course, the winners of the previous and current years premiership.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
dodge said:
Roosters games rate poorly full stop. Their averages have never been overly impressive, and they've certainly never topped Brisbane or NQ, or even gone close. The only consistently high-averaging clubs are those two and Canterbury, and, of course, the winners of the previous and current years premiership.

Bulldogs were lucky to get 6 or 7000 around 2000-2001.. They have picked up since they started winning games and become a cool place for the local youth to pick fights..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At least our fans care enough for our crowds to pick up.

Nice jibe at the crowd element - if you want to do that, leave it in the Harmony Day thread. This is about the pathetic amount of support shown for your club.