What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rumour continues: Sonny Bill out for season?

go_the_doggies

Juniors
ghoti said:
How do Bulldogs fans feel about their retention policy now? Let go a long time vital member of their team, a NSW 5/8 in order to retain a 19 year old backrower riddled with injury.

Their re-signings of both Mason and SBW for big money truly did puzzle me when they were struggling for depth in the halves as it was (FFS, they were playing Corey Hughes at halfback!!!)

IMHO Canterbury should have let Williams and Mason go and look at retaining Anasta and singing good quality players to cover the departures of a walking physiotherapy bill and the most over-rated under-performing player in the game. They would have had a much better squad because of it.

Are there any Bulldogs supporters out there who support Canterbury's retention policy of last year?
I feel fine about the decision, as Mason is well and training(as far as i know), and Sonny will be right in time.

Ive never said we wasted our money on signing Sonny and Mason, and letting anasta go, so i dont see why i should start now

:)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ghoti said:
How do Bulldogs fans feel about their retention policy now? Let go a long time vital member of their team, a NSW 5/8 in order to retain a 19 year old backrower riddled with injury.

Their re-signings of both Mason and SBW for big money truly did puzzle me when they were struggling for depth in the halves as it was (FFS, they were playing Corey Hughes at halfback!!!)

IMHO Canterbury should have let Williams and Mason go and look at retaining Anasta and singing good quality players to cover the departures of a walking physiotherapy bill and the most over-rated under-performing player in the game. They would have had a much better squad because of it.

Are there any Bulldogs supporters out there who support Canterbury's retention policy of last year?

I'm sorry, did you say you were a ShireScum fan?

It's like a quadrplegic laughing at a paraplegic.

Not funny, and not right.

Balmain_Boy

Fingers crossed for the bloke. It would be a disaster for him, a disaster for the dogs and a disaster for the Kiwis. Whilst it wouldn't be a disaster for league, he would be a big loss.

Here's hoping he can come back like Benji did.

Craigshark

First Grade
dodge said:

Not funny, and not right.

WTF? It was a serious post..

Coming from someone who has the hide to tell another poster, in not only the same thread, but on the same page, to keep personal insults and crap which is not on topic out of the thread.

Grow up, dude. :roll:

Booyah

Bench
dodge said:
Dude, STFU and stop ruining topics with personal sh*t. You are more loathed than I am here so grow a brain and leave pathetic insults in TFC where they belong.

Not funny, and not right

You loser.

The guy makes a serious post and you berate him because you don't like his team. Did you even read his post, or did you just notice his banner?

Hypocrite.

ghoti

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Fingers crossed for the bloke. It would be a disaster for him, a disaster for the dogs and a disaster for the Kiwis. Whilst it wouldn't be a disaster for league, he would be a big loss.

Here's hoping he can come back like Benji did.
I agree completely, but on the subject of Benji...he's still not completely healed, probably never will be. Went in for reconstruction over the off season after playing a whole season on pain killers and anti-inflammatorys.

The sad thing is that the sport we play is a dangerous sport as it is without the pressure to play with wrecked joints damaging young player's quality of life in the future instead of sacrificing their career. SBW will be in absolute agony come 40...and that is a really sad situation to be in. It's the one thing that makes me ashamed of our sport.

Balmain_Boy

ghoti said:
I agree completely, but on the subject of Benji...he's still not completely healed, probably never will be. Went in for reconstruction over the off season after playing a whole season on pain killers and anti-inflammatorys.

The sad thing is that the sport we play is a dangerous sport as it is without the pressure to play with wrecked joints damaging young player's quality of life in the future instead of sacrificing their career. SBW will be in absolute agony come 40...and that is a really sad situation to be in. It's the one thing that makes me ashamed of our sport.

Maybe, maybe not. I had a shoulder fixed up and it is tighter than it's ever been.

the bulldogs website says he will be out for 6 weeks, but thats starting from yesterday so im guessing he should be back round 3 or 4....

Humphrey

Juniors
You got to feel for the young bloke but then its not like there hasnt been some previous discussions on whether or not the guy was going to come unstuck by serious injury due to his age and style of play. If its thats serious now that he has to be on a special training programme then I feel hes better off waiting out another year or its gonna be a very short career. The references the docs make in the artickle to starting him slow and given him 20 minutes on the field to start is floored. The damage that can be done in longer than 20minutes can be done in the first two minutes or at the fourteenth minute whenever Sounds pretty dodgey to me and not a good sign for Sonny-Bill, the doggies or the kiwis

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Iafeta said:
If they modify his training schedule, to include a lot of low impact excercise around the legs (Ala swimming, low pressure bike work), keep him away from sand dunes etc., it could be managed to a decent degree.

I hope he gets through, he's IMO one of the best, if not the best when he's able to get on the park.

Yes he is one of the better players when he is fit and on the park, BUT this sounds a hell of a lot like the talk surrounding Shaun Timmins and Terry Lamb knee problems, luckily for them it happened a bit later in their careers. I would sad to think a 20 year old is going to be rubbed out for extended periods like Timmins was (missed almost 2 full years) at the peak of their powers. Personally I hope this is just a media beat up and the kid is fine, but you know the old saying.....where there's smoke?????:(

poojar

Juniors
How many NRL games has Sonny Bill played in his career so far?
Just interested is all.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
If the Doctor says he needs six weeks break the Dogs need to give him 10. He might want to play straight away but he would be best given longer to heal make 100% sure he is ready to come back. If they don't he will end up on the scrap heap.

He has only played 20 games.

Rodzillas nuts

Juniors
King of the Hill said:
Heard a rumour from someone close to the Dogs - hurt a knee in the sand hills?

Is there any truth to this?

Sonny Bill is a typical rugby league hack.
I'm not surprised by this at all.