What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
Saints have had more headlines under Hook than any other coach. Sure you would let your team go out on the pi$$ after dishing out that rubbish. They should have been sent straight home and flogged in the morning on a training run. Lets see how many more bad performances they give if they get flogged the next morning in training.

Musgrove a known ill disciplined player? Wow what a surprise after having Maguire, Burgess etc come to the club. The club is an absolute mess. If there are 2 split camps (Hunt v Lomax) and for the reason of the support of the coach then our board in on the Hunt train for sure, to extend both these guys contracts in 2022. What hope have the youngsters got who actually want be play semis.

Yep,

Some fans are in denial.

This is probably the least encouraged pre season for me in a very long time. I am happy to revisit this thread come end of comp. We will be in the bottom 3.

The place stinks. It has so for over a decade.

It starts at the top and filters through. Nobody takes us seriously. We used to play the Charity Shield like it meant something. We had an identity. We are now in the sphere of nuisance value.

Who fears playing us bar the Dolphins ?

Im sure some knob will retort with " get behind the team ", which for close to 5 decades I have.

Lets see what 2023 holds. Im confident of my prediction.

This isn't the Club i grew up loving. It's a farce.

Old Timer

Coach
Must be why Rava had all those fights with the Feagai twins, and Jaydn Sua, and Francis Molo...

Or maybe Musgrove is just a dick?
The post wasn’t about who was a dick or not it was about whether someone’s performance in the game was being questioned and therefore the catalyst for the disagreement.

Plenty of worse performances than Rava’s or Musgrove’s to be the ignition point for a disturbance let alone take til 6am to get to that point if someone was a real dick.

loulash

Juniors
After this weekends efforts club has seriously ramped up efforts in their pursuit of NAS & David Fifita. Still trying to work on an immediate release for Nathan Brown. With the news of Moses staying at Parra, Wests will probably be offering Brooks a short term deal & he’ll be happy to stay.

qld redvee

Juniors
After this weekends efforts club has seriously ramped up efforts in their pursuit of NAS & David Fifita. Still trying to work on an immediate release for Nathan Brown. With the news of Moses staying at Parra, Wests will probably be offering Brooks a short term deal & he’ll be happy to stay.
LL would hope that we have actually made first offers to NAs and fifita so hopefully we are in with a chance . Not sure that brown is the answer unless in my opinion he could come off the bench for prop or second row and I wouldnt want a long term deal with the likes of couchman coric coming through and Brooks can stay at tigers keep up the info its the only glimmer of hope we have

redv13

Bench
I’d take Brown in a heartbeat. He’s got mongrel and that is something that we have been missing for many years. Could be the mongrel that unlocks Molo, Su’a, Musgrove and BMM. Get all those blokes on the same page and add Blocker and JDB and we could be a very different forward pack

dragon thomo

Juniors
Good post TruSaint.
I believe the board needs a overhaul, also i believe we need a new oach and a plyer clean out.
Now is the time to act.
If the management were capable in running a NRL club they should have realised when only 3 players turned up at the presentation night it was in crisis then.
I have always been a Dragons supporter and love it when they were on the tele.
I cant stand watching them at the moment. Thei players committment to the jumper has been piss poor for years now, and their style of play is basic and completely out of date.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep,

Some fans are in denial.

This is probably the least encouraged pre season for me in a very long time. I am happy to revisit this thread come end of comp. We will be in the bottom 3.

The place stinks. It has so for over a decade.

It starts at the top and filters through. Nobody takes us seriously. We used to play the Charity Shield like it meant something. We had an identity. We are now in the sphere of nuisance value.

Who fears playing us bar the Dolphins ?

Im sure some knob will retort with " get behind the team ", which for close to 5 decades I have.

Lets see what 2023 holds. Im confident of my prediction.

This isn't the Club i grew up loving. It's a farce.
Unfortunately I feel the same Tru , I do not feel the excitement that I usually have at this stage of the season.

And as you have said after 10 very long winters nothing has changed .

We will fudge the occasional win no doubt, however overall the team has just too many band-aids covering the wounds of a club that has quite simply not progressed with the times .

mattchuot

Juniors
Are we talking about Nathan Brown the player or Nathan Brown the coach? Isn’t the latter still working in pathways at Parra?

thebigredv

First Grade
Good post TruSaint.
I believe the board needs a overhaul, also i believe we need a new oach and a plyer clean out.
Now is the time to act.
If the management were capable in running a NRL club they should have realised when only 3 players turned up at the presentation night it was in crisis then.
I have always been a Dragons supporter and love it when they were on the tele.
I cant stand watching them at the moment. Thei players committment to the jumper has been piss poor for years now, and their style of play is basic and completely out of date.
100%

We've been saying 'NOW' for a good 10 years. Nothing has been done.

I don't enjoy watching the games either. A numbing experience. Completely frustrating as a supporter. This club was the joy of my life, totally ripped from us and a shell in its place.

If it were purely a business the clientele would have long fled and it'd be bankrupt. We are attached to the sinking ship because of our love of the history of the club and a love for the game that was once played with a competitive spirit. The off field dramas and the lack of pulling power is a clear window into the deep rooted problems - success is not the priority.

thebigredv

First Grade
@DfL Say what you want about Woods but he is the ultimate professional & wouldn’t get involved in situations like that off the field. You’re bias is very evident.
Ultimate professional? I mean, are you serious?

rugby league lol GIF by NRL

DfL

Juniors
@DfL Say what you want about Woods but he is the ultimate professional & wouldn’t get involved in situations like that off the field. You’re bias is very evident.
I literally said true and agreed to the person saying he’s wouldn’t do such a thing. I made a joke, your brain didn’t process it. And now you’re hurt and calling me bias 😂. There is no bias, he is rubbish on the field. Off the field seems like a nice guy. The joke was made on his on field ability to not be able to hit a line let alone throw hands. What’s got you this hurt, I know it ain’t me. Oh wait, is this woods wife?

Latest posts