What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
The Club needs a tried and true professional coach, not a rookie coach.
It comes as hardly a surprise that Lomax and Liddle missed selection this week.
With the side camped up here on the Coast , and in prep for the Cowboys , this tight arse bord wouldnt want to cough up two plane tickets and accomm for the pair , and also the two they replaced to get them back to Sydney..
Just goes on and on.....

Harry Bath

Juniors
It comes as hardly a surprise that Lomax and Liddle missed selection this week.
With the side camped up here on the Coast , and in prep for the Cowboys , this tight arse bord wouldnt want to cough up two plane tickets and accomm for the pair , and also the two they replaced to get them back to Sydney..
Just goes on and on.....
Just goes to show what a bunch of inept cheap fools run the joint, the Board are only concerned that the Crown Lagers are cold and the dims sims hot

Parko1310

Juniors
Jack Bird asked about fans being disgruntled, and also wanting Griffin gone:

“Fans don’t really know too much about footy, I don’t think,”
“They’ve got a lot to say about people on the field. I don’t think they’ve ever played a game of footy.
“I’m speaking from first-hand stuff that I’ve copped.
“I feel sorry for ‘Hook’ (Griffin). It’s us out there playing so we should be the ones to blame.
“Fans are good for the game and stuff like that, but it comes to a point where you can’t cop so much criticism over the players and coaching staff.
“People don’t know what people are going through these days. ‘Hook’ could be struggling or any player could be struggling outside of footy then people come on social media and give you a gobful.
“That might be the part where they push you over the edge.
“That’s fans for you. They’re passionate and want us to win games.
“We’re not doing that, so I understand where they’re coming from. But it speaks for itself.”

To me, saying fans don't know anything and essentially saying they're unreasonable, blah, blah, blah. That's just a kick in the guts for fans, and a lot of fans have played plenty of footy. The fans are the main reason your wage gets paid fortnightly Jack, I wouldn't disrespect them.

qld redvee

Juniors

“They’ve got a lot to say about people on the field. I don’t think they’ve ever played a game of footy.
“I feel sorry for ‘Hook’ (Griffin). It’s us out there playing so we should be the ones to blame.
“Fans are good for the game and stuff like that, but it comes to a point where you can’t cop so much criticism over the players and coaching staff.
“People don’t know what people are going through these days. ‘Hook’ could be struggling or any player could be struggling outside of footy then people come on social media and give you a gobful.
“We’re not doing that, so I understand where they’re coming from. But it speaks for itself.”

To me, saying fans don't know anything and essentially saying they're unreasonable, blah, blah, blah. That's just a kick in the guts for fans, and a lot of fans have played plenty of footy. The fans are the main reason your wage gets paid fortnightly Jack, I wouldn't disrespect them.
without us fans Jacky boy you aint got a job ..... like you have

Parko1310

Juniors
without us fans Jacky boy you aint got a job ..... like you have
Indeed. I just read the article about the planned protest, and in all fairness Jack has no leg to stand on. The fans rallying the protest aren't targeting Griffin or the players, they're targeting the board. This is where the blame needs to lie. Saying fans need to take into account coach and player welfare, yeah fair enough, but in this case those points are completely irrelevant given the protest isn't aimed at them at all, it's the board. I can imagine the interviewer probably led Jack astray and said the protest was about sacking the coach, which it just isn't. The comments made by George Youssif are completely fair and quite measured in my opinion, it wasn't hateful in any way, even saying the banners would be kept professional. I wish I could make the game at Kogarah next Friday to be a part of it, this board just needs to go. I for one hope no fan banner directly targets Griffin, all of our efforts need to be thrown at the board.

justadragon

Bench
A lot of people including Mr Bird get confused what members on here and fans in general complain about. There is your personal life and then there is your professional one. For me your personal life is off limits to everyone apart from your family, but when your profession is an NRL footballer then I'm afraid you are open slather to criticism by the fan base, not derogatory and not attacking his family in the process. The money you earn a fair percentage of it comes from the fans in one form or another, the fans watch pay tv, they buy the products, they become members etc. You cant bring in your personal life as an excuse that things are going horribly wrong, if your personal life is affecting your performances to such a poor state you need to take leave and go and get yourself sorted. If you want to earn $550k a year and have a go about what the fans are saying, then I suggest you find another job where you can have shit performances and still get paid whilst no one says a thing. Good luck with that !!!

I listened to the interview and had A PROBLEM WITH HIS MUMBLING DICTION. A load of nonsensical waffling by a nonsensical player.

Dragon David

First Grade
I listened to the interview and had A PROBLEM WITH HIS MUMBLING DICTION. A load of nonsensical waffling by a nonsensical player.
I don't think Bird is the brightest and wouldn't win an elocution contest. He would be wise to just make a no comment statement, that way it shortens the mumbo jumbo trying to explain himself.

His on field actions show that he is also a bit limited at times and may not fit the saying that action speaks louder than words.

SEAT 1A

Bench

No Jake, I don't know too much about football. I'm a fan.

No Jack, I haven't played a game of football however, you have.

As a supporter, I know you can't win every game.

“Fans are good for the game and stuff like that

Thank you and yes, we are good for the game.

“People don’t know what people are going through these days.

Yes, I do know what people are going through. I'm lucky to have some extra cash to be able to watch you play.

redv13

Bench
Dumb merkin.

There is a standard reply that has been around sport since the beginning of time.

" The results have not been good enough and we understand our fans frustrations. "

End interview.
Old Jack is about a 2/10 on the brightness scale. Take anything he says with a grain of salt. A little less rubbish in the play the ball area like the chooks and tigers games where he cost us any hope of winning late in both those games and a little more footy smarts will help his case with us supporters

Phantom V

Juniors
Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Another stuffup by the club resigning him when he wasn't delivering the results.
He’s a prime example of what’s wrong with the club. For too long we’ve been signing players on past reputations or because they came at a bargain price and yet nobody else wanted them.
The top clubs have better systems in place to identify players with the right character and winning mentality. It’s simple Jack, you and your teammates have been rorting the system for too long and now there’s nowhere to hide. Start winning games or P$@s off!!

Draginzaaar

Bench
Old Jack is about a 2/10 on the brightness scale. Take anything he says with a grain of salt. A little less rubbish in the play the ball area like the chooks and tigers games where he cost us any hope of winning late in both those games and a little more footy smarts will help his case with us supporters
In the Dogs game with 30 seconds to go, he's pushing away from tacklers and running backwards. Dumb.

Latest posts