What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
For mine Flanagan is a decent half , the rorters would not had signed him if they had any doubts about his ability. Of course young Sam Walker appeared on the scene and they gave Kyle the flick - cold hearted bastards .

He played very well at the Sharks however the Bulldogs were another story and the same will apply here at the Dragons unless our forwards are moving in the right direction - to the oppositions try line full steam ahead .

All halves require a good forward pack in front of them , otherwise regardless of how gifted they may be , the chances are they will not be able to perform to their best .

Coach Flanagan must now sign a number of hard working forwards to give his halves the necessary room to move so as to get the team going forward .

Last edited:

jak

Bench
For mine Flanagan is a decent half , the rorters would had not sign him if they had any doubts about his ability. Of course young Sam Walker appeared on the scene and they gave Kyle the flick - cold hearted bastards .

He played very well at the Sharks however the Bulldogs were another story and the same will apply here at the Dragons unless our forwards are moving forward .

All halves require a good forward pack in front of them , otherwise regardless of how gifted they may be , the chances are that they will not be able to perform to their best .

Coach Flanagan must now sign a number of hard working forwards to give his halves the necessary room to move so as to get the team going forward .
your absolutely right about the rorters they have always liked the bright new shiny players.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
and if there is one thing we need it's half decent goalkickers throughout all grades in both nrl and nrlw
Good to see a positive comment on here, Jak. We must remember that the off-season is our best chance to be positive. In fact for many years now it has been the only time we could be positive. Though I did feel good back in 2020 when Covid stopped the comp. Just not for long enough!

We won't lose a game till February, plus we will hear wonderfully reassuring interviews about how tough pre-season training has been and mention of several players looking the goods.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Good to see a positive comment on here, Jak. We must remember that the off-season is our best chance to be positive. In fact for many years now it has been the only time we could be positive. Though I did feel good back in 2020 when Covid stopped the comp. Just not for long enough!

We won't lose a game till February, plus we will hear wonderfully reassuring interviews about how tough pre-season training has been and mention of several players looking the goods.
Phrases in articles like “training the house down” and “hardest pre-season we’ve ever had” is what it’s all about.

Murfy

Juniors
Webb on the Dragons Den podcast said you’ll find that as we get into the off-season teams will look at their cap and players with a year or two on their contract will become available. Said that there are conversations happening. Flanagan is in charge of recruitment at the moment so I’m sure he has a handful of players he’s going to go hard after

Phantom V

Juniors
For mine Flanagan is a decent half , the rorters would had not sign him if they had any doubts about his ability. Of course young Sam Walker appeared on the scene and they gave Kyle the flick - cold hearted bastards .

He played very well at the Sharks however the Bulldogs were another story and the same will apply here at the Dragons unless our forwards are moving forward .

All halves require a good forward pack in front of them , otherwise regardless of how gifted they may be , the chances are that they will not be able to perform to their best .

Spot on Gareth! Good post.

Rocket Rod

Juniors

Official
I think he could become a surprise packet under his old man
The roosters saw something in him and he played ok for them
He has a similar look about him as young Cleary
Let’s welcome him and wish him all the best as a Dragon!

thebigredv

First Grade
Webb on the Dragons Den podcast said you’ll find that as we get into the off-season teams will look at their cap and players with a year or two on their contract will become available. Said that there are conversations happening. Flanagan is in charge of recruitment at the moment so I’m sure he has a handful of players he’s going to go hard after
Master of spin that guy. It’s always just ahead in the future with this club. Never any delivery.

BLM01

First Grade
You need flanno. You don’t need Kyle. Awful signing. Whoever said he was good at the sharks, no he wasn’t. Save this post.
Not sure how you judge him with one 1st grade game as a kid?. or are you judging him from lower grades?
But Roosters saw something to at least take him for a 2-3 year deal
he may turn out to be a flop for us as now 23 or 24 yrs old?.
Yes save your post for a revisit after next year which is when we will judge all that

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Not sure how you judge him with one 1st grade game as a kid?. or are you judging him from lower grades?
But Roosters saw something to at least take him for a 2-3 year deal
he may turn out to be a flop for us as now 23 or 24 yrs old?.
Yes save your post for a revisit after next year which is when we will judge all that
I’m not judging him on 1, I’m judging him on the 9 games he played for the sharks. Roosters saw something, then realised they were wrong after 20 games. He may go good for you, but where you’re coming from it’s unlikely he is the answer.

Latest posts