What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

And Ezra not coming as per media reports

It is not looking like recruitment and list management is going to be any different than if Hook was here
Flanagan has already said to expect 2/3 signings before Christmas.
That indicates to me that we are possibly looking to sign players who are still under contract for 2024, but will be pushing for any early release for next season.
Flanagan also said he wants to leave up to 2 roster spots free going into next season for those players who may suddenly become available for 2024 for various reasons.
A fair bit of reshaping of our roster still to come between now and kick off in 2024.

Illusion

Bench
But I don’t know where all the hype comes from Re Tracey

Is mean he was a very exciting prospect at 18yrs old

He has gone on to have 3 ACL recons

A high probability of not getting through a season
Probably because even with all that , he is better than we have right now , not sure about it but may turn out a handy player if we get him .....

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
But I don’t know where all the hype comes from Re Tracey

Is mean he was a very exciting prospect at 18yrs old

He has gone on to have 3 ACL recons

A high probability of not getting through a season
High probability? Bit harsh there
He had those well before his NRL career
Tedesco was similarly injury prone at a young age
Have you not been watching him in the past few years?
Well anyway I am but excited should he sign with us

Parko1310

Juniors
Flanagan has already said to expect 2/3 signings before Christmas.
That indicates to me that we are possibly looking to sign players who are still under contract for 2024, but will be pushing for any early release for next season.
Flanagan also said he wants to leave up to 2 roster spots free going into next season for those players who may suddenly become available for 2024 for various reasons.
A fair bit of reshaping of our roster still to come between now and kick off in 2024.
I just hope those 2-3 signings are actually new players and not just announcements of the likes of Dan Russell and/or Billy Burns re-signing. I'm getting the impression that this honestly could be the case which would be very disappointing. I think Flanagan is pretty short for options, especially for next year.

One of our priority positions we need to fill is in the front row for example, and there really isn't anyone of significant quality off contract this year, or next year anymore for that matter. The quality in that position is already being re-signed by their current clubs.

The fact that we've basically heard Dan Russell has signed, and Conor Muhleisen as well concerns me because it means Flanagan couldn't get anyone else and has had to settle. The club is dragging out those announcements because they know if those are their next two announcements without anyone new sewn up ready to be announced as well, fans won't be happy. My prediction is that these 3 signings to be announced before Christmas will be something like Dan Russell, Mulheisen and maybe Connor Tracey. Doesn't exactly fill me with optimism, even if Tracey is a good signing.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I just hope those 2-3 signings are actually new players and not just announcements of the likes of Dan Russell and/or Billy Burns re-signing. I'm getting the impression that this honestly could be the case which would be very disappointing. I think Flanagan is pretty short for options, especially for next year.

One of our priority positions we need to fill is in the front row for example, and there really isn't anyone of significant quality off contract this year, or next year anymore for that matter. The quality in that position is already being re-signed by their current clubs.

The fact that we've basically heard Dan Russell has signed, and Conor Muhleisen as well concerns me because it means Flanagan couldn't get anyone else and has had to settle. The club is dragging out those announcements because they know if those are their next two announcements without anyone new sewn up ready to be announced as well, fans won't be happy. My prediction is that these 3 signings to be announced before Christmas will be something like Dan Russell, Mulheisen and maybe Connor Tracey. Doesn't exactly fill me with optimism, even if Tracey is a good signing.
I'm not confident at all. The three worst teams this year were us, the Tigers and the Dogs. Dogs and Tigers have been very active in the market, we look like we're picking up the dregs of what's left.

thebigredv

First Grade
Its the first week of October, perhaps give the new coach more than a couple of weeks to build and shape his roster.
Point taken but the clued in Dragons fans has got a bit of a sense for these things. The fact that we haven’t been strongly linked to a major prospect for ‘25 let alone improved on the side that came 16th for next year by now is giving me the jitters again. Too many examples at other clubs says it’s possible.

I realise you can’t point the finger at Flanagan but we read the same ‘just wait’ for Hook and again when Mary was building ‘the squad that he wanted’ which could never deliver.

First it’s “wait til the regular season finishes” then “just wait til after the grand final” followed by “as soon as November 1st comes…” then “before Christmas” and “after Christmas”… we’ve all seen it play out before. Talks a mean talk Flanno, let’s see if it’s just that or he can deliver, but please don’t have us wait too long for some light please?!

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm not confident at all. The three worst teams this year were us, the Tigers and the Dogs. Dogs and Tigers have been very active in the market, we look like we're picking up the dregs of what's left.
That has been the case for several years now JMc. We are like vultures waiting for the carcasses to be pecked at. Flanno saying we should have some signings before Christmas but which year? And who in blazes have they got in mind? Will Shane Millard become Millward except without the W in his name? By Christmas of ? all of the other clubs will be celebrating their signings while we stick our middle fingers up at Santa for bringing us the usual leftovers.

Call it blind loyalty, but I am going to give Flanagan the benefit of the doubt on the recruitment issue for now.
But if Russell and players of his ilk are in fact part of the signings news prior to the end of 2023, I will be filthy let alone extremely disappointed.
Like nearly everyone else here, I am at the desperation stage wanting to hear some good and positive news that things may be slowly turning around for the better of our great club.

Latest posts