What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Fox was at the Storm and did extremely well so under a good system like one Flanno is building he will be great. Don't judge the Fox at the Dogs as all players have declined since they went there under super coach Ciraldo.

The Fox will be great for guys like Sloan and Amone because he has played reps and knows what to do to get there. I feel he has been stabbed in the back by the Dogs on this as Gould initially came out and said he was not involved in the fight and was gone. His injury was due to a late tackle or something along the lines of that. And now they come out and say he was part of the brawl.

Dogs want him gone as I assume they want to make a huge play for Luai or even Taruva, god help them develop a player. Dogs are ruthless and don't care about their players and will throw them under the bus so they can free up coin to bring someone in. They are like a transit lounge. Players don't stay their long.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Fox was at the Storm and did extremely well so under a good system like one Flanno is building he will be great. Don't judge the Fox at the Dogs as all players have declined since they went there under super coach Ciraldo.

The Fox will be great for guys like Sloan and Amone because he has played reps and knows what to do to get there. I feel he has been stabbed in the back by the Dogs on this as Gould initially came out and said he was not involved in the fight and was gone. His injury was due to a late tackle or something along the lines of that. And now they come out and say he was part of the brawl.

Dogs want him gone as I assume they want to make a huge play for Luai or even Taruva, god help them develop a player. Dogs are ruthless and don't care about their players and will throw them under the bus so they can free up coin to bring someone in. They are like a transit lounge. Players don't stay their long.
There wouldn't be any club loyalty at the Bulldogs. Players won't know if they are coming or going and just go around in circles. Ciraldo seems lost and Gould as usual having too much to say. Getting players to come that are "better" than what they have and will do anything to turf them out will hurt them in the end. Even Tevita Pangai Jnr I think was told to pack his bags with a bit of pocket money given to him on his way out to take up boxing - oh yeah that will last him a year or so and then what? Go to another NRL club and hopefully kill it.

Just imagine being a player at that club and having to keep looking over your shoulder waiting to be stabbed in the back if you have a couple of poor games. The players that have joined up have certainly gone backwards but they don't care as they are being well fed.

If 2024 isn't a successful one for the Dogs, someone at the top will cop it. Will it be Gus or Ciraldo?

There wouldn't be any club loyalty at the Bulldogs. Players won't know if they are coming or going and just go around in circles. Ciraldo seems lost and Gould as usual having too much to say. Getting players to come that are "better" than what they have and will do anything to turf them out will hurt them in the end. Even Tevita Pangai Jnr I think was told to pack his bags with a bit of pocket money given to him on his way out to take up boxing - oh yeah that will last him a year or so and then what? Go to another NRL club and hopefully kill it.

Just imagine being a player at that club and having to keep looking over your shoulder waiting to be stabbed in the back if you have a couple of poor games. The players that have joined up have certainly gone backwards but they don't care as they are being well fed.

If 2024 isn't a successful one for the Dogs, someone at the top will cop it. Will it be Gus or Ciraldo?
Surely that a rhetorical question DD?

When it comes to accountability for poor results, Gus is pure TEFLON!

Source: NRL library under NON FRICTION

Gardenia

Bench
I think its a phobia of previous history and getting burned bad with nothing to show for it. But i do agree we will have to come to the realisation that we need to be a touch more accepting.
100% It is. Its being burned by saying oh ok that person would probably go alright...lets me optimistic about that signing - only for a mediocre let down of a season to follow from said player x about 15!! Also when you see what other sides are doing, including those towards the bottom, its hard to stomach not even One marquee signing. So ill stay quiet in future and just wait and see.

we are in a crap situation in terms of player attraction but doesnt mean we have to like it

Tallis mostly played prop this season to clarify, so front row.
Duncan, 21, is a back rower or lock. I took this from his rather old bio. That is where the confusion arose. So in the intervening years he must have bulked up if he is now playing prop which is not even shown on his profile nor is his weight.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
A great coach can change a players attitude .seems to me some of you guys expect to sign James tedesco type players wake up to yourself small steps forward is the best you can expect the fox might be a loose cannon but harness that and you have a very large impact on your team ..........

The club turned around Michael Wayman to an Australian rep.

Got the best out of Packer and Josh Dugan.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The club turned around Michael Wayman to an Australian rep.

Got the best out of Packer and Josh Dugan.
Is it club or coach though? Because I reckon Wayne Bennett gets the credit for turning Weyman into an Australian Rep. I don't think the club was a factor other than being Bennett's employer at the time. Same with Duges - Mary gets the credit for turning him into an Australian rep centre. The club definitely gets credit for Packers rehabilitation and his return to the NZ side. Hook gets credit for making Mary look good.

justadragon

Bench
100% It is. Its being burned by saying oh ok that person would probably go alright...lets me optimistic about that signing - only for a mediocre let down of a season to follow from said player x about 15!! Also when you see what other sides are doing, including those towards the bottom, its hard to stomach not even One marquee signing. So ill stay quiet in future and just wait and see.

we are in a crap situation in terms of player attraction but doesnt mean we have to like it
totally agree, that is why i have said for a long time lets focus on our juniors and build our own marquee players, after all we have produced many of the greats. This hunting for that illusive player that actually wants to come to the dragons, and we have to offer a lot of money to get them there really sucks, and we get possibly nothing for it. Our future is and always was our juniors

The Word

Juniors
Is it club or coach though? Because I reckon Wayne Bennett gets the credit for turning Weyman into an Australian Rep. I don't think the club was a factor other than being Bennett's employer at the time. Same with Duges - Mary gets the credit for turning him into an Australian rep centre. The club definitely gets credit for Packers rehabilitation and his return to the NZ side. Hook gets credit for making Mary look good.
I remember big Mick getting interviewed after we won the GF. He credited his form to Wayne Bennett. He said Wayne made the game simple for him. Apparently when he first signed, Wayne told him, just pick the ball up and give me 10 meters each set, that's all I expect from you. The rest is history.

Dragon David

First Grade

Looks like Addo-Carr and Gould have made up and will be a Dog for years is what they have reported after their meeting today.

‘We had a good chat’: Addo-Carr’s Bulldogs future secured after crisis Gould meeting​

TheRev

Coach
Looks like Addo-Carr and Gould have made up and will be a Dog for years is what they have reported after their meeting today.

‘We had a good chat’: Addo-Carr’s Bulldogs future secured after crisis Gould meeting​

This is what I figured was actually happening.. just one of goulds chats about professionalism.. similar one to Pangai Jr got, granted that didnt end particularly well.

Just my view Dragon David, but I have heard all of this stuff with previous players where Gould has been involved in the past, only to see it all go pear shaped down the track.
Like others here, I think young Sione Finau will be given a shot at the left wing spot next season, so I doubt very much that we even looked at JAC as a possible recruit.