What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I'll be watching Jack finally play international footy this weekend after being denied that honor for his own nation. He and the under rated Dan Russell will add starch to the Kumul middle defense, while Jack will slip into a receiver position to add some back line spark. Interested in seeing how Lachlan Lam goes as I reckon he'd be a good fit for a play making role with the Dragons.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Addo Carr wants out of Belmore. I would not pay his full freight but he has speed something we have not.

He'd be a great pickup but I doubt you'll get him for a bargain price. If my memory is correct he wanted to play fullback when he moved to the Dogs and that was so he could earn a lot more money. He's reportedly on $550k per year and I reckon he's worth that and maybe a little bit more. I can't see him moving for less.

jak

Bench
I'll be watching Jack finally play international footy this weekend after being denied that honor for his own nation. He and the under rated Dan Russell will add starch to the Kumul middle defense, while Jack will slip into a receiver position to add some back line spark. Interested in seeing how Lachlan Lam goes as I reckon he'd be a good fit for a play making role with the Dragons.
you do know that jack can and has played halfback.

Last edited:

Victoire

Juniors
Come again, we already have one of those. Jack still is week in week out our most consistent player. He leads the forwards, tries his best to also lead the backs and tackles everyone like a sledge hammer. Remains our best lock and possibly our best ever. He is the soul of our club. Curran couldn't walk in Jack's shadow.
I disagree on a number of fronts here but hey, you're entitled to your opinion. There are also a number of defensive lapses that don't show on the stats sheet (for example it doesn't count as a missed tackle if you misread and don't lay a hand on them), and he's also starting to become a hip-drop penalty magnet. In any case, at his age (33 next year) the returns will be diminishing rapidly and we need to look for an alternate 13 sooner rather than later

Parko1310

Juniors
In regard to Nathan Brown, in my opinion, I would not touch him with a ten foot pole. Well past it and even when he wasn't was still a massively overrated player. To have ever played origin for him was a miracle, another one of Freddy's B team selections.

Curran, I've already stated that in my opinion he'd be a great signing. In regard to Jai Arrow, I wouldn't like the signing personally. How he plays the game is in the fashion of a traditional south sydney player. Grade A grub. Not to mention, he can't stay on the field. One player I really like at souths playing in the middle is Tallis Duncan. I believe he's currently signed until the end of 2025, but you never know, money could talk. And Souths are not in a great position cap wise. Realistically, their future is grim as well given their current cap situation. Also Cook, Walker, Burgess will all retire shortly. Their halfback is Ilias.. enough said. Latrell keeps threatening to retire and can't stay on the field. Wighton won't be around for long. Souths are in strife. So if we were going to get any of their forwards I'd love to get Duncan, there's a lot of potential there.

Addo-Carr, maybe, depends for what price. I'd probably rather go for Khan-Pereira, Taylan May and Sunia Turuva over him. If those aren't really options, only then would I go for Addo-Carr.

TheRev

Coach
o Literally every single player we sign for 2024 is a punt.. we're not buying any dreamboats.. its a balance between who Flanno thinks he can get some value out of.. and who on earth will actually sign with us. We have to turn this powder puff roster into something harder.

o BMM is a big body and makes huge impact as a limited-minute bench prop.. I dont mind him in that role and that role only.. he's not the worst of the guys tapped imo...

o Addo-Carr, I mean its not the money as we cant even spend what we have, we need some rep quality players & god do we need some speed.. and I like someone who lightens the mood... but hes 28 and I think injuries and what not will only grow.. but i'd be excited if he came onboard absolutely.. probably to replace Feagai, dont think he'd get the #1 jersey over Tracey.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Imo, no to Brown, no to Addo-Carr, probably a no to Arrow, unsure on Curran as I think he may be a bit younger than the others mentioned.
We’ll probably do Uncle Nick a favour and buy Angus Crichton….

I must be a bit negative today!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I can understand the negativity around recruiting some of the guys available which are unwanted by their clubs, but with Flanno it will be much different. Under the previous coaches I would be wary as well of the players mentioned like Brown, Curran, Crichton and Addo-Carr but under Flanno he will actually get the best out of them I feel so any would be a great step forward.

A forward pack consisting of JDB, Sua, Crichton, Brown Lawrie and Liddle with a bench of Curran, Sele, Bird, Molo x 2 and Couchman's x 2 it will be a huge improvement to what Saints had in 2023 in terms of depth. Flanno had Fafita and he was no role model but Flanno got him to become one of the best front rowers and we all saw what he did in the GF.

Parko1310

Juniors
You confused? Back rowers are second rowers and middle players like the Couchmans.
I assume you're referring to the lock position specifically because he's played no where else in the back row. Tallis mostly played prop this season to clarify, so front row.

Anyway, in the not too distant future, I doubt anyone will be saying why would we want Tallis Duncan. Very very talented. Can play lock, can play prop. Options to shift around the forward pack are always good. Competition is always good. Plus he's young, so my thought is if we could ever get him also, he would be a similar age to our up and comers. We can potentially use these type of guys to establish dominance for a long time.