What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ideally a swap deal for Hunt with money leftover. No brainer really!
Wont happen, Flanagan will wanna keep Hunt to partner his son more than ever now Amone is likely to be sacked as BOD will wanna avoid any further bad culture pervading the club. Sorry Flanno your boy is no better a game manager than Hunt so we are facing another poor season.

Last edited:

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Brett Morris to coach Roosters Nsw cup
Good, gets to cut his teeth in a superior system and then come back to where he really belongs..

Seriously though has a winger ever made a good coach? I know Bennett played a bit but I always thought he was more of a fullback.

Coffs dragon

Bench
To be fair… he did say “good” coach
Geez you’re a hard task master Mills!

He did captain/ coach Halifax to win the championship in the UK. He then went on win the premierships with both the Bulldogs & Storm as their coach.
He also was the Australian coach for some 4 years along the way winning 22 out of 25 games including the World Cup.
That’s a pretty tidy coaching resume, before it went south going to the Sharks and disagreeing with the management.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Things are not looking good in dragons land

Without a doubt we have the worst roster in the competition and it will keep getting worse unless Flanno signs on some players

Amone will definitely get sacked

We are obviously waiting for other players who were tapped on the shoulder to find other clubs e.g Paul Turner , BMM , Max Feagai

Still no clue what’s going on with Ramsey in regards to retirement

And coming into 2025 based off rumours we will possibly lose Ben Hunt , Su’a and Suli

It’s looking grim

Dragon David

First Grade

Without a doubt we have the worst roster in the competition and it will keep getting worse unless Flanno signs on some players

We are obviously waiting for other players who were tapped on the shoulder to find other clubs e.g Paul Turner , BMM , Max Feagai

And coming into 2025 based off rumours we will possibly lose Ben Hunt , Su’a and Suli

It’s looking grim
It does look grim Big Rig. But I'll wait until the end of November to see who we have signed, if any, and who might be still rumoured. I guess by that time not much quality will be on the market and if it looks bad, then I will be giving my 20 cents worth of criticism.

Most clubs have done their work with their terminations, recruitment and retention and some are waiting for Nov 1 to come around. I hope we have a few lined up - it has to happen. This is the reason why we have changed coaches, got new fitness guys in, brought back Dean Young (ahem!). A time for big changes and signings of quality forwards and backs - that's what I thought the CEO and Flanno said. They could say that they had guys lined up but their managers wanted deals beyond what the club could afford. They will give us all the bullshit that will piss us off.

It’s looking grim
We needed a massive clean up

very happy to see any player go who expresses the view he doesn’t want to be at the club

Flanno will fast track the top juniors

With the right coaching and mindset the team will improve significantly

I would prefer to give Herring a run in the preseason in the halves because the kid can tackle and has a massive kicking game. Hunt could then play as a running half.

Liddle and Flanno junior to alternative between 9 & 14.

Ben Rumble to trial at full back with Lomax and Sloan.

SAP58

Juniors
We might need to overpay 1.2m type dollars to Luai or Mam etc.. to kickstart the rebuild... didnt realise Suli was going also, but not surprising given his public comments and tbh im not that fussed on him either way.. pros and cons.
I agree on Suli we chased him for a couple of years & finally got him because Manly (or Des) didn’t want him & I can see why. Strong runner but awful in defence.

Latest posts