What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

since77

Juniors
I understand your feelings but think a lot might depend on what the magistrate says and does at the sentencing hearing. If he dodges jail ( slim chance probably) and the magistrate says he has good chance of rehabilitation then the club might have second thoughts.
If the club give that clown a second chance then we can assume any attempts to fix the horrible culture built up here over the last 12 years are B.S.

BLM01

First Grade
I understand your feelings but think a lot might depend on what the magistrate says and does at the sentencing hearing. If he dodges jail ( slim chance probably) and the magistrate says he has good chance of rehabilitation then the club might have second thoughts.
Correct and many people are potentially having shots at the club in advance
The NRL will come over the top if any punishments that they deem are inadequate based on all the facts and can cancel contracts?
This is more than club culture it is also a NRL culture due to the severity of the charges
The NRL have a part to play in this too
We wait judgment day

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Knowing Saints luck he will escape jail term and then the NRL will give him a long suspension which they should and Saints are stuck with his wages in the cap.

Seeing he did the crime, then tried to get off with lies of mistaken identity as his defence shows no remorse for such a serious charge. It's not like a DUI, loitering or just getting a parking ticket.

Hopefully he will learn from this like Addin Fanou Blake as he got a serious charge and was booted from the club and seems to have turned his life around.

Mojo

Bench
Correct and many people are potentially having shots at the club in advance
The NRL will come over the top if any punishments that they deem are inadequate based on all the facts and can cancel contracts?
This is more than club culture it is also a NRL culture due to the severity of the charges
The NRL have a part to play in this too
We wait judgment day
It’s an Amone culture first and foremost. You could even argue that StGI and the NRL offered him fantastic opportunities that he foolishly treated with contempt, which is probably much closer to the truth of the matter.

offiah

Juniors
Knowing Saints luck he will escape jail term and then the NRL will give him a long suspension which they should and Saints are stuck with his wages in the cap.

Seeing he did the crime, then tried to get off with lies of mistaken identity as his defence shows no remorse for such a serious charge. It's not like a DUI, loitering or just getting a parking ticket.

Hopefully he will learn from this like Addin Fanou Blake as he got a serious charge and was booted from the club and seems to have turned his life around.

Luckily he’s off contact at the end of next year, so we shouldn’t be stuck with him for too long if that kinda situation arose. Hopefully we can just let him go immediately though.

If he dodges jail ( slim chance probably) and the magistrate says he has good chance of rehabilitation then the club might have second thoughts.
After I posted our club will likely sack him to avoid scandal, I had a rethink along the same lines as you. I believe Flanagan will still want him if he is given a lenient sentence or exonerated for previous good behaviour.

How are you going to get rid of Hunt possm if no one wants him ?
Lets hope that is not the case come Nov 1. Brent Read on Tele online re the Amone stand down; "Hunt has neither the time or the patience to go thru a slow and painful rebuild''.
Bully for him. The same disloyal tone coming from this man. He is a paid player so should be told to shut his gob and play footy or be shown the door.

possm

Coach
How are you going to get rid of Hunt possm if no one wants him ?
The first step is to collect him at 9. This should see Hunt wanting out of his contract.

If this does not work, drop him to reserve grade. He will soon understand that his worth on the market will drastically be reduced if he stays.

kit66

Bench
Apparently the Panthers have tabled a two year $850K per yr deal to Luai.
We should offer him up to $1.2m a year for 2 years or 3 years if he comes on board for 2024.
I think the prospect of playing alongside Luai would help us retain players like Hunt and Su'a who might even be happy to stick around and also sway other prospective signings. Hunt and Luai together would be awesome. We'd still need some more fire-power elsewhere i.e. speed out wide and grunt up front but you couldn't ask for more than those two halves to get you off on the right foot in 2024 with Flanno calling the shots.