What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SEAT 1A

Bench
Mate nothing surprises me with our lot , we had Beale come out of retirement to play .....

It's currently a bit sad it's it.

It could get a bit fruity with Flanno and to be honest, thought he would do better at CBR. Just to hot and cold with was a shame as when he was on, he was great to watch.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well now 4 clubs looking at signing Addin Fonua-Blake. The Sharks to have talks. AFB's price will go up a bit - his manager will make sure of that.

He would definitely help our cause and boy do we need it, but is he worth maybe $1.1M a year to get him to the club? Did the Warriors win the premiership this year with him? Will he help us make the top 8 next year?

May the best club win.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Well now 4 clubs looking at signing Addin Fonua-Blake. The Sharks to have talks. AFB's price will go up a bit - his manager will make sure of that.

He would definitely help our cause and boy do we need it, but is he worth maybe $1.1M a year to get him to the club? Did the Warriors win the premiership this year with him? Will he help us make the top 8 next year?

May the best club win.

Yes I think so. We need the one big fish to show that things are on the up

Crush

Coach
Let’s be real, if AFB is choosing between us, Tigers, Dogs and Sharks his best move would be Sharks. He can live in the shire, be part of a team that has a crack at finals every year and kinda go under the radar. Nicho Hynes gets all the media attention so he’d have no real pressure.
Obviously hope he doesn’t but it would be his best option.

Gardenia

Bench
Players just not available for 24 unless for multiple year contracts...

Clubs are generally working many years ahead....

We have been offered players, but knocked them back for this reason.

Plenty of players off contract at the end of next year....and targets also available.
Well players have been made available such as Tracey for 2024. I don't buy it.

blacksafake

First Grade
Let’s be real, if AFB is choosing between us, Tigers, Dogs and Sharks his best move would be Sharks. He can live in the shire, be part of a team that has a crack at finals every year and kinda go under the radar. Nicho Hynes gets all the media attention so he’d have no real pressure.
Obviously hope he doesn’t but it would be his best option.
They’re full of middles & will likely have to offload some. I’m thinking they’ll start to go backwards as Hynes can’t do it all on his own & clubs have worked him over at times.

Crush

Coach
They’re full of middles & will likely have to offload some. I’m thinking they’ll start to go backwards as Hynes can’t do it all on his own & clubs have worked him over at times.
They’re missing an enforcer. AFB would complete them I reckon. They have a good roster. With AFB it would be very good.
Still not Roosters good or anything, seriously if Roosters don’t win the comp next year questions need to be asked. Have you seen their starting 17? I don’t think Tupou makes the side!

Inisai Toga

Juniors
They’re missing an enforcer. AFB would complete them I reckon. They have a good roster. With AFB it would be very good.
Still not Roosters good or anything, seriously if Roosters don’t win the comp next year questions need to be asked. Have you seen their starting 17? I don’t think Tupou makes the side!
…thought the same thing (Roosters) at the beginning of this year. A couple of late wins glossed over a great underachievement imo

Dragon David

First Grade
…thought the same thing (Roosters) at the beginning of this year. A couple of late wins glossed over a great underachievement imo
Yep. A club like the Roosters won't stay below par for long. They will be in the top 4 next year is my prediction.

May the best club win.

I think given he has asked for a release on compassionate grounds, he can’t have a contract greater than his current one at Warriors. At least during its timeframe.

may not necessarily come down to money for AFB. Length of contract, terms post existing warriors contract might be part of his decision making, but suspect location and various club set ups and other things probably be differentiating factors

Dragon David

First Grade
Imagine adding Spencer Leniu and Dominic Young to an already star studded line up. Seriously. Their bench will be ridiculously strong. If they don’t win the comp they’ve failed.
I agree Crush. How good would we be feeling if we were able to sign players like the Roosters have been able to over several years. We talk a lot about the paper bags and sombreros that Uncle Nick might use to get players to sign up, but I think that they just can operate like a well maintained car that uncle Nick sells and buys. Him and the other people on the Roosters board are top of the range business men and salespeople who know how to close out a deal.

They know what players will be going due to age and know what players they will get rid of, due to poor performances and earmark and get the replacements well in advance - just like they did with Young and Lenui. I'm sure that they will be eyeing Luke Keary's replacement well and truly before he hangs up his boots. In fact, if i might be just a bit bold by predicting that they would be sizing up Tom Dearden.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think given he has asked for a release on compassionate grounds, he can’t have a contract greater than his current one at Warriors. At least during its timeframe.

may not necessarily come down to money for AFB. Length of contract, terms post existing warriors contract might be part of his decision making, but suspect location and various club set ups and other things probably be differentiating factors
Well reports that I have read say that AFB was the highest-paid prop in the competition this year on a deal worth more than $1 million a season. That is why I put the figure of $1.1M on him.

I agree with you Miller that it may not come down to money especially if the clubs that are vying for his signature know that they cannot offer any less or any more than what his contracted salary at the Warriors is. So those clubs will have to sell to him those things you have said and be the best in selling them to him.

Now that your club has him in their sights and it would appear that money won't be an issue, the Shire just might be the location where he can accommodate himself nicely. I think the Shire has a lot going for it and so it would suit him to a T.

justadragon

Bench
I agree Crush. How good would we be feeling if we were able to sign players like the Roosters have been able to over several years. We talk a lot about the paper bags and sombreros that Uncle Nick might use to get players to sign up, but I think that they just can operate like a well maintained car that uncle Nick sells and buys. Him and the other people on the Roosters board are top of the range business men and salespeople who know how to close out a deal.

They know what players will be going due to age and know what players they will get rid of, due to poor performances and earmark and get the replacements well in advance - just like they did with Young and Lenui. I'm sure that they will be eyeing Luke Keary's replacement well and truly before he hangs up his boots. In fact, if i might be just a bit bold by predicting that they would be sizing up Tom Dearden.
I'm hoping having Twiggy with us now might change a few things, especially in business acumen.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm hoping having Twiggy with us now might change a few things, especially in business acumen.
I hope so too justa. We need to hard sell ourselves to the utmost that we can and the way to do that is by actual performances with winning results and improvement in culture and management.

Some help by Twiggy would be good but most will have to come from Flanno and the players. We show a great improvement with positive results the better our chances of getting decent players on a regular basis.