What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The tigers are 'exactly' 2years in front of our rebuild 'if' we get a Dearden or AFB type signing.. their sequence went something like:

o Step 1: Nov 2021: Papali'i (announced for 2023) - huge speculation he would backflip
o Step 2: 2022: Players signed for 2023: Api, Klemmer, Bateman, Staines
o Step 3: 2022-2023: No big names I agree, but all their gun kids have been kept so far.. Bula, Staines (again), Talau, Tupou.. im sure there are a bunch of others in there.. they also pulled Sullivan from us in the process...
o Step 4: Dec 2023: Havent pulled this off yet.. but theyre in the box seat for Luai (and hopefully not AFB for our sake)

The Tigers roster is still bottom 4... but I really like the way they went about their rebuild (from rock bottom), Api was a masterstroke.. and their kids (Stefano and the backs) are in demand 1st grade near rep level kids.. versus ours that have all struggled.. there is a lot to like imo about the Tigers rebuild.. I just hope (for our sake) that Benji cant coach.
Can't agree they are ahead of us. My prediction, Benji will be a disaster as coach and there will be major disharmony, Flano will be outstanding.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Can't agree they are ahead of us. My prediction, Benji will be a disaster as coach and there will be major disharmony, Flano will be outstandin
The explosion has been a long time coming at the WTs but, rather than this being good news, I believe the cracks in the club are deep and not a lot will change-and yes- Benji is out of his depth.

This has to be the best Christmas present for long-suffering Dragons fans. With the Bulldogs kennel now overflowing, you would think that when comparing what (lowly) clubs have to offer, player agents for AFB, Luki and other quality players on the market in 2025 would be advising them to consider four things. Money, opportunity, coaching quality and stability. We're now well in front the WTs on the last two of those four considerations.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Paul Kent cleared of sexual assault charges.
He was accused - he was correctly stood down - went through the judicial process and was cleared.
Hope he returns to NRL 360. As much as I like Gordie - I prefer Kenty's incisive commentary and discussion.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
So does Gordy now lose his job ? Will they bring back Kent on NRL360 ? Have I lost your interest already ? I’ve lost mine couldnt care less the show has been taken over by DT jurno’s most of which are not worth listening to IMO especially that bald goose !
Couldn't agree more @SAP58 . Last time I watched NRL360 it was just old duds shouting over the top of each other. Bring back Benny Ikin! He at least has some brains!

RedVee_8

Juniors
So does Gordy now lose his job ? Will they bring back Kent on NRL360 ? Have I lost your interest already ? I’ve lost mine couldnt care less the show has been taken over by DT jurno’s most of which are not worth listening to IMO especially that bald goose !
I preferred the show with Gorden TBH. But I agree with you RR the other bald bloke. Useless. At least Rothfield acts as a lightning rod for the others to hurl crap at. Baldylocks don’t even have that going for him.

TheRev

Coach
Can't agree they are ahead of us. My prediction, Benji will be a disaster as coach and there will be major disharmony, Flano will be outstanding.
I've literally been comparing the state of each clubs roster rebuild (i.e. we are 2yrs behind them at a minimum)... in terms of success is a different discussion, we are banking on Flanno being 3x the coach Benji is.. and hopefully that ends up a reality.. and then throw in todays news.. a new CEO/Board has to set the Tigers back in the shortterm.

Latest posts