What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I just read that Taylan May (Centre/Wing) is open to moving away from the Panthers when his contract expires at the end of next year and also has a desire to play with his brothers.
He was sidelined for 2023 with an ACL while his brother Terrell, a very hard working forward, excelled for the Roosters off the bench. I'd be inclined to keep an eye on this and maybe have a chat with Taylan and Terrell (who is also off contract at the end of 2024) to see if maybe they'd like to join Flanno at the Dragons. Terrell is a fantastic defender (missed just 6 tackles in 17 games this year, amazing and has a handy off-load) also makes good metres but can't make the starting side at the Roosters having more established players ahead of him. There's a third brother Tyrone, playing in Super League and signed until 2026 I believe. I'd say we could get them at a reasonable price. If Taylan can overcome his injury woes we'd do well to at least approach him and Terrell.

https://www.zerotackle.com/outside-back-open-to-club-switch-in-latest-panthers-blow-204077/
That May be a good strategy…

TheRev

Coach
After missing Taafe/Tracey.. we desperately needed a body that cover 1 & 3 plus maybe also wing or 5/8 even.. we could probably even do with even 1 more again.. but this is enough to get our outside backs underway.

No idea whether he is still the fullback he looked to be years ago.. but its nice to have some options and not just a free ride for certain players.

kit66

Bench
Corey Allan is a very good centre and played extremely well for the Roosters in their end of season run to make the semis. He was one of the roosters best in their 2 semis games .

Now we can stop the silly talk of Jack Bird to centre. No. 13 or 14 for Jack

I was just watching the Storm vs Roosters final today. Corey Allen played really well. The game also features T. Eisenhuth (making a 40mtr bust) who we've just signed and a great effort from Terrell May who I mentioned earlier who put in 53 minutes, 45 tackles, no misses, and 18 runs for 131 metres, that's a good motor. The May boys all came through the Penrith system. We can't sign all superstars but signing some solid bench and back up players doesn't hurt and I actually think Allen is well ahead of the Feagais for a wing spot and he and Taylan May together would make a great combo.
Terrell May is a prop/lock btw but could handle 2nd row.

getsmarty

Immortal

Latest posts