What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
I’m with you Justadragon.

f**k em all! I just want to see the guys play with heart. 1 or 2 targeted signings would be great, but the build has to occur from within.
Can they improve under Shane? Yes. I do think their general standards will trend up.

To suddenly expect them to become entirely fit, talented and committed players is a bit of a stretch however. No matter how you shake it this is going to be one ugly season and now, after today, there’s not even a rational reason for the current players or fans to expect major change (ie rep level playerS) is around the corner at the Dragons. I really can’t see the more optimistic on here putting a positive spin on this.
We needed Dearden and went all out for him but to miss out on AFB was everything the coach was pinning his hopes on.

The most likely scenario in terms of something good happening is the chance scenario in which we capitalise on some major falling outs at other clubs involving star players, raiding England’s finest or somehow getting a squeezed out forward from the Cowboys. But to rely on the current squad to get wins and make you proud…I’m completely sceptical.

SnowDragon

Juniors
We have some promising juniors coming thru. It would be nice to have landed afb to lead them as it would have helped development. However, I’m hoping Flanno will get the most out of Frankie Molo, and together with Blocker they can do the same job with less negative affect on our long term finances. Sure, we are light on in the halves, but I believe the pieces will fall in place. Still trusting in Flanno.

Illusion

Bench
We have some promising juniors coming thru. It would be nice to have landed afb to lead them as it would have helped development. However, I’m hoping Flanno will get the most out of Frankie Molo, and together with Blocker they can do the same job with less negative affect on our long term finances. Sure, we are light on in the halves, but I believe the pieces will fall in place. Still trusting in Flanno.
Not blaming Flanno for no signings, the damage was done well before him and have said before if he can and I think he can improve players some 10 , 20 and 30 percent, then it may keep us of the bottom , and on the edge of the 8 .....

Last edited:

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Tough tough day for the Dragons on the recruitment front. Feels like it has been that way for years..

Flannagan has his work cut out for him and I think he has just realised how tough a gig he has walked into.

The only thing that is going to save the Dragons... Is the Dragons. And maybe that is where the focus needs to be right now. It seems to be well established that we aren't a destination where people want to go.

So... Where to from here? It has to be from within. Flanagan and the team have to prove that it is worth coming to the Dragons.

The whole team needs to go into 24' with a chip on its shoulder and not necessarily win every game, but everyone knows when it is time to play the Dragons, they better bring the ice packs the next day.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Correct

We had a chance to help rehabilitate him and we didn’t take up that option.

He owes us absolutely nothing

I hope he goes well for his new club.
I dont think so, may be wrong BUT im sure all the rage back then was sacking the players especially if they were not first graders and give a few warnings to the more established before you sacked them..

Latest posts