What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
some solace....I think we dodged a bullet, imagine just the moral reprehensible scummy low act of what this buffoon even did! imagine toying us along so long giving us such false hope in our state, what it did to us fans? toying the fans, the club and poor well meaning Flanno along like idiots for so long in the way he did JUST in order to milk more money from Sharks! such a total scummy act of a lowlife character, do we really want such disgusting shitty lumox energy in our ranks with no loyalty at all ? ppfft! enjoy the wife bashing pea brain mercenary you wanker Sharks...hollow victory, he will plod for you and take the money with no club passion or loyalty just loving the money and the sick 'revenge' he must currently feel for what he did to us after sacking him all thise years ago for the dog act of bashing his partner, gross human being, we can do much better, im sure theres a superstar prop out there we can sign whos also an actual class human being aswell, we dont need vermin like this, sad bit true, onwards and upwards fellow Dragons!!
It appears you are a bit upset we did not snag him. Frustrated? Yep I get it. We need some signings for 25

BLM01

First Grade
Am I disappointed,Yes, but I’m not cutting my wrists. Maybe having his cousin there in Talakai helped when making his decision?
To me he’s a wannabe gangster so living back in Sydney may see him reconnect with those he left behind when moving to NZ.
The sharks are a bit top heavy with middles now so there may be an opportunity to get one of those who’ll be pushed further down the pecking order.
He left Oz to flee the hamsters supposedly
But agree

Draginzaaar

Bench
Someone who can attract some quality players.
Young imo will do the job with Hornby just fine
He will probably get us at least one of the Cowboy forwards
Wayne is coming off contract at the Dolphins
Appoint him in a Gould role and let Young and Hornby run the show
These three get on well and have done the job in the past
Wayne wants to coach only.

Como Connection

First Grade
Sharks leagues club is Kareela golf club, it’s hardly appealing.
The new club won’t be built for ages, they’ve completely screwed themselves by selling the whole development to the developers. Now the leagues club is last priority in that build. It’ll be the shopping centre, appartments and everything else that gets built before the leagues club.
They made a huge error selling it for a cash grab.
Plus I'm told they want a swimming pool on top of the league's club so the building has been put back for structural reasons and will take a lot longer. They are struggling financially.
CC

Murfy

Juniors
I understand the frustration from everyone and I too felt gutted when I saw that AFB was going to the sharks. However I think it is evident now that until our current crop of players start performing and the stench at our club is removed it will be highly unlikely we sign those marquee players. That’s why I think the appointment of Flanagan was paramount. Just by having the level of coach he is in between our 4 walls and calling the shots will dramatically improve the play of our players.

Sure AFB would have been great, but 4.5mil over 4 years when he would be turning 30 the year he arrives is a bit of a risk. Considering we probably aren’t winning a premiership that first year or 2 he arrives. After that who knows how good he will be. Look at Finucane, he’s dropped off a cliff dramatically and is being paid decent coin for a couple more years.

Signing the likes of Finefeuiaki and Luki instead fits our timeline much better and would help us grow as a team. Besides your halves rugby league has become a young man’s game over the last few years. So targeting those up and coming superstars like the aforementioned is the play I think.

Crush

Coach
Plus I'm told they want a swimming pool on top of the league's club so the building has been put back for structural reasons and will take a lot longer. They are struggling financially.
CC
Yes, I heard also that the plans to turn the old Westpac building in the mall which they bought into a merchandise store/corporate office space has been abandoned as they need the rent income and will now lease?
Have you heard that? Not sure if true or not.

justadragon

Bench
some solace....I think we dodged a bullet, imagine just the moral reprehensible scummy low act of what this buffoon even did! imagine toying us along so long giving us such false hope in our state, what it did to us fans? toying the fans, the club and poor well meaning Flanno along like idiots for so long in the way he did JUST in order to milk more money from Sharks! such a total scummy act of a lowlife character, do we really want such disgusting shitty lumox energy in our ranks with no loyalty at all ? ppfft! enjoy the wife bashing pea brain mercenary you wanker Sharks...hollow victory, he will plod for you and take the money with no club passion or loyalty just loving the money and the sick 'revenge' he must currently feel for what he did to us after sacking him all thise years ago for the dog act of bashing his partner, gross human being, we can do much better, im sure theres a superstar prop out there we can sign whos also an actual class human being aswell, we dont need vermin like this, sad bit true, onwards and upwards fellow Dragons!!
I'm with you mate, but unfortunately he signed for less money at the sharks.

Yes, I heard also that the plans to turn the old Westpac building in the mall which they bought into a merchandise store/corporate office space has been abandoned as they need the rent income and will now lease?
Have you heard that? Not sure if true or not.
Hmmm
Needing the rental income and maximising return on an investment are different things.

the merch area can reside at Kareela or eventually in the new leagues club, at no real additional cost, so why restrict your return on investment right now.

first I have heard of a swimming pool on the roof, but what a wonderful idea. Can see AFB and his hood lounging about with bikini clad gals serving ice cold drinks.

no wonder he signed over there

steerlerbab

Juniors
I understand the frustration from everyone and I too felt gutted when I saw that AFB was going to the sharks. However I think it is evident now that until our current crop of players start performing and the stench at our club is removed it will be highly unlikely we sign those marquee players. That’s why I think the appointment of Flanagan was paramount. Just by having the level of coach he is in between our 4 walls and calling the shots will dramatically improve the play of our players.

Sure AFB would have been great, but 4.5mil over 4 years when he would be turning 30 the year he arrives is a bit of a risk. Considering we probably aren’t winning a premiership that first year or 2 he arrives. After that who knows how good he will be. Look at Finucane, he’s dropped off a cliff dramatically and is being paid decent coin for a couple more years.

Signing the likes of Finefeuiaki and Luki instead fits our timeline much better and would help us grow as a team. Besides your halves rugby league has become a young man’s game over the last few years. So targeting those up and coming superstars like the aforementioned is the play I think.
A front rowers best years is 26 years to 30 years (give or take couple of years). So the best Sharks can expect from him is 2025 and 2026. Now it makes sense why Flanno was after him. Flanno's own contract ends 2026. Now the expectations won't be too high 2024. That would be rebuilding year for us. But Dragons need to be a top 8 side in 2025 and 2026 for Flanno to get a renewal himself. So AFB fitted very well with that. Anyway, we still have the money and Flanno will try to get two marquee players for 2025 and 2026.

This Year?

Immortal
You'd think we'd be used to the red headed step child treatment by now.
We are a less attractive proposition than the back to back wooden spooners.
At least if we need a utility we know who to go to with cap in hand.
This club has to roll up its sleeves and actually make a culture change.
We simply cannot play moneyball while we are more dysfunctional than the Gallaghers.
We don't have the luxury of an easy fix. The only way out of the bottom of the ladder is with hard, smart work and some luck.

Irrespective of who plays, I just hope and want to see some enterprise football and not the bargeball of past years. You know. Five hit ups and to Hunt for the kick.
Exactly Dragons4me. It does your head in and we’ve put up with it for the past decade. But on a bright note, we will have a variation on that play next year that will confuse the opposition. Instead of Hunt we can throw it to Flanagan to kick.

Parko1310

Juniors
Was briefly mentioned in a SEN article that Jaydn Su'a would've been going the other way if we'd signed AFB. That may or may not be true, but if it is true you can basically guarantee Su'a's departure. How are you feeling if you're him and the club was ready to ship you out two minutes ago before their plans went pear-shaped?

Was briefly mentioned in a SEN article that Jaydn Su'a would've been going the other way if we'd signed AFB. That may or may not be true, but if it is true you can basically guarantee Su'a's departure. How are you feeling if you're him and the club was ready to ship you out two minutes ago before their plans went pear-shaped?
If true it was actually good business as Sua has for some time been murmuring about leaving

Illusion

Bench
Exactly Dragons4me. It does your head in and we’ve put up with it for the past decade. But on a bright note, we will have a variation on that play next year that will confuse the opposition. Instead of Hunt we can throw it to Flanagan to kick.
That was another problem when Hook was coaching as you say there was no other option to do anything but 5 hit ups then give to Hunt ...... No variation in attack , I have a feeling young Flanno might surprise ........

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Would not be surprised if Su’A is at the dolphins in 2025

Latest posts