What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
As per previous posts Saints need to get the best out of their juniors. Saints now need to create a marquee not bring one in. Penrith did this, no reason why Saints cannot. They have just as many if not more juniors than Penrith. Poor systems were in place for so many years under dud coaches so hopefully Flanno gets the best out of this and Saints are in good shape for years to come like the Sharks are now. If we see Saints still bottom 4 next season but all the junior teams competing in finals then that is a good step. All eyes will be on the junior development seeing they have no luck in the market of luring NRL players. With a new club coming in, it will be even harder.

I am hoping the Couchman's, Sloan and Lomax in a year or so are the 4 marquee's that every team will want in their team but will be committed to Saints and putting pride back in the jersey.

JDB prior to court case was the best back in the comp. Hopefully Flanno can bring him back to his dominant best. I also do believe that Jacob Liddle will surprise the NRL next season. He was good under a poor coach in 2023. He will be even better under Flanno and I feel he may be a 80min hooker for Saints. He just has to stay injury free.

You cannot blame Saints as they are trying to land the big fish and throwing big dollars at players but unfortunately the damage Hook and Hunt have done is going to take so much longer to repair which we are slowly finding out. The BOD screwed up big time with that stupid decision of extending the dope an extra year. Both would have been gone by now as Hunt would have also left to be with his pal.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Hey @possm, Sam Williams the Canberra half retired. The young Raider half that went to England and killed it was Brad Schneider who has signed for Penrith. Is that who you are referring to?
I assumed it was George Williams, who came and played for Canberra, then got homesick and was released. George was/is a decent player but you won't get him out of England.

With the big fish off the table here is the wish list off contract for 2024 for the positions we need to fill
2nd row - Luki
Prop - max king
Halves - Luke metcalf

these signings are realistic, you could add manu but I think there’s Buckleys of getting him
Metcalf would be a good pick up. Was sad to see him leave the Sharks but deserved first grade time

denis preston

First Grade
Surely we can poach good players on 400-500k with offers of 600-650 k to come over ? Paying overs for sure but we have plenty of money and are saving on elite contracts. We need to recruit to avoid the spoon. AND make sure Millward & Haran are no way involved in these negotiations. Surely they should be sacked over our lack of quality signings ?

Parko1310

Juniors
Surely we can poach good players on 400-500k with offers of 600-650 k to come over ? Paying overs for sure but we have plenty of money and are saving on elite contracts. We need to recruit to avoid the spoon. AND make sure Millward & Haran are no way involved in these negotiations. Surely they should be sacked over our lack of quality signings ?
Nah they're good blokes though

thebigredv

First Grade
Irrespective of who plays, I just hope and want to see some enterprise football and not the bargeball of past years. You know. Five hit ups and to Hunt for the kick.
I saw a movie called Mighty Ducks. About a bunch of misfits that rewrote the the playbook on how to win. They endured hardships of all kinds and went on to be champions. Flano is even a spitting image of Emilio Estevez.

Time for a coach to do something bold and make the far superior teams work out a new way to beat us. The players need to adhere to his authority, captain included, lose a lot of matches in the process but shake it up a bit. We can’t win playing the normal game now anyway and for goodness sake put Goldberg out the back!

And when the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pastures…

Gareth67

First Grade
Well, well dear ol' Gareth pops his head in. How have you been sir?

Nice to see that you are still taking an interest the Forum.

Hope you have a happy Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year.
Thank you David , have spent a month in hospital , have been home for a couple of weeks now and thought that I would drop in to the forum to see how our recruitment was going - most disappointing , perhaps unfortunate but there’s still light at the end of the tunnel.

We just need to get a few decent forwards and we can throw in young Tom Deardon as well and the entire outlook for the team will change for the better .

Best wishes to yourself and your love ones for Christmas .

Canberra young gun center Brad Morkos got a release from Canberra in November. Apparently he no longer had the desire to play rugby league. BUT ..... he has just decided to play park footy with Albion Park Eagles.

You never know......?

qld redvee

Juniors

Canberra young gun center Brad Morkos got a release from Canberra in November. Apparently he no longer had the desire to play rugby league. BUT ..... he has just decided to play park footy with Albion Park Eagles.

You never know......?
I think he played juniors for us before being snapped up by canberra

Crush

Coach
Hmmm
Needing the rental income and maximising return on an investment are different things.

the merch area can reside at Kareela or eventually in the new leagues club, at no real additional cost, so why restrict your return on investment right now.

first I have heard of a swimming pool on the roof, but what a wonderful idea. Can see AFB and his hood lounging about with bikini clad gals serving ice cold drinks.

no wonder he signed over there
Miller, give this article a read, the had big ambitions for this building to be a real sharks base in the center of the mall, it was going to be about brand presence.
Not a mere investment property.