What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Miller, give this article a read, the had big ambitions for this building to be a real sharks base in the center of the mall, it was going to be about brand presence.
Not a mere investment property.

Yeah, things change. Not a major drama really. The assets are accumulating and value rising so that in itself will enable access to funding if/when needed and those assets generate income to service any potential debt.

Better than being broke with non income producing asset base which was the basket case the club was in the past.

I’m more interested in the pool. I looked it up and you are right, they are adding a small pool!

seems a bit odd to me and hardly a necessity.

Dragon David

First Grade
Thank you David , have spent a month in hospital , have been home for a couple of weeks now and thought that I would drop in to the forum to see how our recruitment was going - most disappointing , perhaps unfortunate but there’s still light at the end of the tunnel.

We just need to get a few decent forwards and we can throw in young Tom Deardon as well and the entire outlook for the team will change for the better .

Best wishes to yourself and your love ones for Christmas .
Hi Gareth

Thank you for replying and for the good wishes. I sincerely hope that you are recuperating well and that your hospital stay wasn't due to something sinister and that you can make a complete recovery to see the Dragons perform to the best of their ability next year.

Yes, we do need a couple more forwards who are strong, robust and able to defend and attack which we have lacked to a degree. Flanagan will help us to be a much better team.

Unfortunately like AFB, the Dragons were not successful in gaining Tom Dearden's signature as he has re-signed a long term deal with the Cowboys.

Cheers and all the best for a speedy recovery.

Parko1310

Juniors
Even if he re-signs with St Helens we aren't necessarily out of the race, but it drives up his transfer fee significantly. Wouldn't be surprised if our mob reject the initial cost of a transfer fee now, let him re-sign to 2028, realise they still want him and might need a half/fullback, and end up paying more than what they would have in the first place. Useless management and recruitment. Just get it done.

Dragon David

First Grade
Very good player.
I am not holding our breath.
But would be the best buy the Dragons got in years if it come true
Me holding my breath for too long won't do my emphysema much good.

A guy like Welsby will improve our spine unbelievably. We need a couple of good props as well and that should get us into Top 4-8 during 2025-2027 at least.

kit66

Bench
We should go hard for Klemmer for next year, he's exactly what we need, big body, excellent defender, 140mtrs a game and lots of off-loads, not to mention a wealth of experience and a dominating presence on the field. We have to get a top notch prop for 2024 at the very least.

getsmarty

Immortal

Dragons identify two new targets after AFB blindside​

Shane Flanagan opens up on how St George Illawarra will deal with Addin Fonua-Blake’s shock call to sign with the Cronulla Sharks. SUBSCRIBE for the latest NRL market watch.

P.S apologies behind paywall

Gomarchin

Juniors
It seems pretty clear to me?
Obviously there was a very high chance Amone wouldn’t be available. He committed his crime in 2022, everyone knew it was on the cards no?
Everyone except Flanno.

I'm backing the new coach but he stuffed up with this one.

He also stuffed up coming out this week saying he was confident that he'd get AFB across the line. He can spin it anyway he likes it but I don't buy the "at least we're in there trying to get marque players to the club". So what??!

This is a results driven business and when it comes to recruitment we run dead last.

Even the back to back wooden spooners have recruited better than we have.

Latest posts