What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
You forgot to mention the part about his wife talking about him playing fullback too or was that in another article?

I will also add that Hunt probably has clauses in his contract, that he gets more pay from us if he is playing origin and Australia and to that the payments received from the NRL for playing origin and tests matches. Hunt may think he is a better chance of playing origin at hooker than halfback. So that may be a reason that Hunt and his wife like the idea of a permanent switch to hooker. Maybe he doesn't want a permanent switch to hooker.

No, i read the part where Ben suggested his wife asked him to play hooker.

It was the same nrl article.

He quoted that himself to, imo deflect from the real issue. That in Rep honours he will be a 9, or moreso, a "versatile" player, and as he said at infinitem and as the club said, he is the Saints half. '

You may be right about $$ being an issue and good luck to him.

My point is that both club and player have stated that he is our halfback. What he does outside that, like tonight's game is up to Mal and the other selectors.

Frank Facer

First Grade
No, i read the part where Ben suggested his wife asked him to play hooker.

It was the same nrl article.

He quoted that himself to, imo deflect from the real issue. That in Rep honours he will be a 9, or moreso, a "versatile" player, and as he said at infinitem and as the club said, he is the Saints half. '

You may be right about $$ being an issue and good luck to him.

My point is that both club and player have stated that he is our halfback. What he does outside that, like tonight's game is up to Mal and the other selectors.
I am fine with Hunt at halfback. If Norman was to come, the position I would play him is halfback or nothing.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I would like to see dufty spend the off season in the gym.

Having Watched Dufty in lower grades, his defense has improved on past years. For a short period during the season, he made good tackles to stop runner in the clear. After that he lost confidence and wanted to break.

If the dragons are smart, they would get Billy Slater to spend some time with him over the off season. Billy has recently signed with one of the AFT teams for his leadership skills. The dragons could arrange some sessions and regular one on one phone calls - much like Matty Johns does with halfbacks.

I think we will see a much better Dufty next year, with another preseason and also playing for a contract.

aquiin

Juniors
just a point to mention after watching the test match ,the roosters have a rolls royce and a ferrari as centres.the dragons centre pair LEYLAND P76 AND NISSAN BLUEBIRD .TIME TO GO SHOPPING FOR NEW VEHICLES MR CEO.

Two years ago and late last year Manu wasn’t there. Mitchell was out of first grade at times last year. It doesn’t happen immediately.

The top four clubs this year were well off for centres (and should be despite changes next year) but most clubs aren’t doing so well. I wouldn’t bother with Chambers personally. Lomax would be a target of everyone but Roosters and Souths.

qld redvee

Juniors
cant fathom why we are on the verge of signing Kane Linnett from the cowboys . Is he any better than lafai / aitken ?? or is he soley a depth signing for isp ? As mary didnt break up the centres until injury hit then how is this signing of any benefit to the team - your thoughts fellow dragons

BLM01

First Grade
cant fathom why we are on the verge of signing Kane Linnett from the cowboys . Is he any better than lafai / aitken ?? or is he soley a depth signing for isp ? As mary didnt break up the centres until injury hit then how is this signing of any benefit to the team - your thoughts fellow dragons
You want my thoughts..well here it is.
Statement 1. Did state on other post but ST george junior..end of rant
Ques 1. No but was..but struggled last 2 years at the Cowboys also injury prone now and note Cowboys they were struggling in the backs this year. I remember him troubling the Dragons in 2014 & 2015..just like yesterday
Ques 2 - ISP only but heavens knows what the coach and recruitment guru are thinking.
Statement 2. May benefit ISP or Shellharbour / Warilla where he come from

Gareth67

First Grade
Is that why I'm confused lol

I doubt that you are ever confused my friend - by the way Sammy , I was wondering whether or not Tariq Simms had sustained rib cartilage damage towards the end of the Broncos game . I saw him clutch at it for a few moments and he looked out of sorts . I reckon he went into the rabbits game injured and had nowhere near the same impact as he had the previous week in the thrashing of the broncs .

slippery5

Juniors
I doubt that you are ever confused my friend - by the way Sammy , I was wondering whether or not Tariq Simms had sustained rib cartilage damage towards the end of the Broncos game . I saw him clutch at it for a few moments and he looked out of sorts . I reckon he went into the rabbits game injured and had nowhere near the same impact as he had the previous week in the thrashing of the broncs .
Yep, I thought the same.