What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

He is what would set the club back even further. No thanks

I'd take him.

I get people's concerns about the attitudes of Schuster, May, Galvin, BSmith and the like but there are three main reasons we should at least give some of these players a look.

1. We have an influential coach who has got discipline running through the club.
2. We can sign certain players to contracts with clauses due to attitude/behaviour. It wouldn't be the first time we've taken on players like these. Packer and Dugan are two that come immediately to mind who served us well.
3. Let's not pretend our situation isn't a little dire when it comes to filling our squad with talent. It surprises me so many fans are so quick to turn their noses up at everyone who isn't Reece Walsh.

Maybe you exclude Taylan May on moral grounds but the others are worth an interview, an interrogation and a look.

Let the guessing games begin.

Talagi was pretty muchruled out by Drew so you can cross him out

The only available possible good signing I can think of is Angus Crichton?

I can not think of any other players that would be considered a good signing that are available… unless it’s a player leaving a team early?

im going to take a massive stab at the dark here….. Harry Grant
Take him any day of the week but we NEED A HALF!! Lachlan Galvin could have a career with us. Show some balls BOD.

TheRev

First Grade
We wont get Galvin, there will be some big name clubs in his ear... its pretty f***ed how the big clubs get to cherry pick the poor ones..

We will have the same problem in years to come as we (hopefully) improve.. as soon as someone starts to play well they have player managers on our door.. we barely kept Frank (assume we had to get MMolo too), Sua we did well to retain (most clubs have good 2nd rowers) and Lomax we lost.. just wait till Williams and Latu and Tonga and Halangahu and NickyT etc etc start to look good in reserves...

Dragon David

First Grade
We wont get Galvin, there will be some big name clubs in his ear... its pretty f***ed how the big clubs get to cherry pick the poor ones..

We will have the same problem in years to come as we (hopefully) improve.. as soon as someone starts to play well they have player managers on our door.. we barely kept Frank (assume we had to get MMolo too), Sua we did well to retain (most clubs have good 2nd rowers) and Lomax we lost.. just wait till Williams and Latu and Tonga and Halangahu and NickyT etc etc start to look good in reserves...
As the saying goes TheRev, we can't keep them all. We need to make sure that we keep the best at all costs though.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Supposedly a swap between Sean Sullivan and Marshcke on the cards

Mentioned in a few places now

we will see but june30 looming

we know Flanno can play left or right side if Hunt injured

we know we are in trouble if we loose Flanno on the left

Sullivan a left side half predominantly and a left footed kicker

Probably makes sense to bring in Sullivan if we can get him for next year also given Marechke probably won’t stay if the Dolphins are after him and he can return back to Qld

NU Brown used to play left side halves early in his career - if injuries strike he probably isn’t ideal to play left side half

Last edited:

Latest posts