What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
COREY NORMAN ? whisper whisper

I'd take Norman, as long as he distances himself from the supposed company he keeps and the price is right.

Norman would be an interesting signing and my guess would also serve a duel purpose. Firstly, as a fullback and secondly as a back up to Widdop.

IMO there must be some doubt over Widdop's injury especially around the shoulder joint region. Norman could easily slot into 5/8 if something went amiss with Gareth, or if Gareth is called up for rep duties.

This would put Dufty to the bench as the triangle player (Widdop, Norman, Dufty) and as an impact player with some X factor.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'd take Norman, as long as he distances himself from the supposed company he keeps and the price is right.

Norman would be an interesting signing and my guess would also serve a duel purpose. Firstly, as a fullback and secondly as a back up to Widdop.

IMO there must be some doubt over Widdop's injury especially around the shoulder joint region. Norman could easily slot into 5/8 if something went amiss with Gareth, or if Gareth is called up for rep duties.

This would put Dufty to the bench as the triangle player (Widdop, Norman, Dufty) and as an impact player with some X factor.

Won't happen..we just released a player for these reasons...

Gareth67

First Grade
Just of the track somewhat , but those silly sea eagles have now only realized that they have officially 2. - yes 2 coaches on their books for next year . Barrett’s contract stipulates that he is being paid as a 1st grade coach and only as a 1st grade coach , nothing less .

Their hierarchy now must pay him out ( fully I would presume) so as ‘salary cap burnout’ Dessie can take over the reins . Barrett’s contract expires in July of next season , which means that Hasler won’t get much of a say in the running of the team .

Manly does not want to payout Barrett, but by the same token can not afford to pay both he and Dessie , talking about shatting in your own bed , the Manly board are premiers at it !

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Just of the track somewhat , but those silly sea eagles have now only realized that they have officially 2. - yes 2 coaches on their books for next year . Barrett’s contract stipulates that he is being paid as a 1st grade coach and only as a 1st grade coach , nothing less .

Their hierarchy now must pay him out ( fully I would presume) so as ‘salary cap burnout’ Dessie can take over the reins . Barrett’s contract expires in July of next season , which means that Hasler won’t get much of a say in the running of the team .

Manly does not want to payout Barrett, but by the same token can not afford to pay both he and Dessie , talking about shatting in your own bed , the Manly board are premiers at it !

Probably more to it Gareth..trying to force Barrett's hand... He wants a payout and their club is most likely paying hard - ball. If Barrett doesn't walk, they will probably give him a lower grade coach spot or something similar...in other words he will have to earn his money...watch this space.

Gareth67

First Grade
getsmarty , that had indeed been mentioned - the lower grade spot for the last couple of weeks , however Trent’s contract actually stipulates that he is the 1 st grade coach . That is what he has been employed as - the first grade coach only , so Manly must follow the contract to the letter and continue to employ him as on that basis alone .
Perhaps there is some among our fellow members whom would know the legal viewpoint on this ? Objective View , where are you ?

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Dragonslayer.
No Norman that is a fact.
Hanye they are looking at .
There are others .

SGMax

Juniors
Rapana (early release)
Tupou (early release)
J Leilua (early release)
Hayne (free agent)
B Kelly (free agent)
All have been offered out to clubs including Dragons...managers playing the filed...btw i would take any of the above

Hopefully Dragons not out of the running but playing it cool waiting for a bargain.
Would love to get Rapana, the ideal winger....maybe the price is too high.
Tupou is OK....better than any of the wingers we currently have.
Joey Leilua is a good block busting centre but a bit loose and agro. Sign him with conditions to protect the club....better than what we have....
Hayne is the complete footballer, would be good to sign him but need to make sure he will fit in and toe the line.
B. Kelly good running centre, heard he has defensive issues.....probably better than Aitken, may develop into something very good.
Disappointed if we can't get Corey Norman, i rate him as a half but need to make sure he is settled and focused on playing good footy.

The bottom line is we need to sign a couple of the above to be a threat.....plus a good prop.
If we could afford it, I would choose Rapana and either Norman or Hayne.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Rapana (early release)
Tupou (early release)
J Leilua (early release)
Hayne (free agent)
B Kelly (free agent)
All have been offered out to clubs including Dragons...managers playing the filed...btw i would take any of the above
Rapana and Leilua would be my 2 picks.

BLM01

First Grade
i here you
Until the Daily Telegraph Bible says it is so, then it aint news!
Rapana (early release)
Tupou (early release)
J Leilua (early release)
Hayne (free agent)
B Kelly (free agent)
Dont forget Bevan French being looked at. I like him too..for speed and try scoring ability anyway

Reactions: jak

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Rapana (early release)
Tupou (early release)
J Leilua (early release)
Hayne (free agent)
B Kelly (free agent)

Ridiculous. Why would Canberra offer Rapana and Leilua to other clubs? They are their main attacking threats.

And Tupou? He's the best winger at the Roosters now that Fergo has left.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Rapana (early release)
Tupou (early release)
J Leilua (early release)
Hayne (free agent)
B Kelly (free agent)

Mickey
Would love rapana.
Tupou would also be nice.
Interesting times ahead

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
getsmarty , that had indeed been mentioned - the lower grade spot for the last couple of weeks , however Trent’s contract actually stipulates that he is the 1 st grade coach . That is what he has been employed as - the first grade coach only , so Manly must follow the contract to the letter and continue to employ him as on that basis alone .
Perhaps there is some among our fellow members whom would know the legal viewpoint on this ? Objective View , where are you ?

So, they appoint Dessie as their under 16's coach and he runs the 1st grade team.

Works for us, we have a McGregor.

FlameThrower

Bench
Jordan Rapana would be my pick . Try scoring machine. Hayne I’m dead set against .
1 his attitude at training
2 his civil case next year rings alarm bells 3 media circus here and interrupted preparation at training.
It’s a real risk of going off the rails ...