What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would go and tell Demitriou to come back as "assistant" but more or less run the coaching and give him total control. Mary can be the Head coach as long as he just sits in the box and just listens to Demitriou run the show especially when it comes to player selections, running the bench and game plans. Once Mary's 2 years are up pi$$ him off and give Demitriou the job fulltime if results are good. If Mary does not like the arrangement he will resign which will be a blessing.

Griffin, Toovey etc have been sacked for a reason from their clubs (Griffin twice) why go for sacked coaches. Players did not get on with both Tooves and Griffin which looks similar to what is happening now so there will be this small honeymoon period where the players will get on with these 2, then it will go sour and turn to $hite like it did at Manly and Panthers, so I would keep away.

BLM01

First Grade
I would go and tell Demitriou to come back as "assistant" but more or less run the coaching and give him total control. Mary can be the Head coach as long as he just sits in the box and just listens to Demitriou run the show especially when it comes to player selections, running the bench and game plans. Once Mary's 2 years are up pi$$ him off and give Demitriou the job fulltime if results are good. If Mary does not like the arrangement he will resign which will be a blessing.

Griffin, Toovey etc have been sacked for a reason from their clubs (Griffin twice) why go for sacked coaches. Players did not get on with both Tooves and Griffin which looks similar to what is happening now so there will be this small honeymoon period where the players will get on with these 2, then it will go sour and turn to $hite like it did at Manly and Panthers, so I would keep away.
Slip...Tooves got on with the players...it was the half of the split factions within their board or ownership that he argued with and had problems with..he sided on the wrong side and it was unteneable moving for ward he wanted more control about players coming and going which i agree with and money and CAP position was a disaster
Toovey would be a great acquisition IMO

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Not what I heard. In fact when Baz took over the players threw him under the bus and said that Baz brought in so much more to training than what Tooves did. The Trabjovic brothers especially loved Baz. Plus, you do know he went to England and failed. Seriously. If Pricey can succeed in England and Tooves can't that is not a good sign,

BLM01

First Grade
Not what I heard. In fact when Baz took over the players threw him under the bus and said that Baz brought in so much more to training than what Tooves did. The Trabjovic brothers especially loved Baz. Plus, you do know he went to England and failed. Seriously. If Pricey can succeed in England and Tooves can't that is not a good sign,
Dont care about Super League results.
Succeeding in England...depends which team, money and ownership. Mick Potter and Ian Millward did well over there.
The usual few super clubs excel each year.
Yeh thats why Baz or in fact Price did not succeed here and Toovey did. Price is a good coach is he?..in England anyway
And re Toovey and his departure different factions say different things so the rumour mill means nothing. Results speak for themselves.

18to87

First Grade
I doubt JD will be back as much as he is needed. 1) He probably won't want to come back and 2) He isn't well-liked by the board or Mary - not that that should matter.

BLM01

First Grade
Paul Green seems to he the coach under the most pressure (yeah, ours should be but isnt).

JD was the attacking coach when they won the premiership and since then has won an ISP title, State championship and now being mentored by Bennett. Wouldn't suprise if he is first in line to replace Green.
Green is....but his injury toll this year (and still is) + stuff that happened to Barba is overall worse than ours so Mary's rating in my mind is lower than Green's. Green has won a premiership and got a team from 8th to a GF in others and made other semis. Yeh he had JT...but..I'd have Green

Bench
McIdiot will never walk away from being the head coach
He is an arrogant SOB that believes the form of our team is not his fault
Only option is to sack him as soon as the season is over so we can get someone for 2020 who can reverse our fortunes, that in itself could take a couple of years

nrlnrl

First Grade
McIdiot will never walk away from being the head coach
He is an arrogant SOB that believes the form of our team is not his fault
Only option is to sack him as soon as the season is over so we can get someone for 2020 who can reverse our fortunes, that in itself could take a couple of years
But he's a good bloke....

mickeylane

Bench
Best attacking coach is David Furner - he had Souths humming last year with all those varieties of attacking plays... the best defensive coach is Craig Fitzgibbon doing miracles at Roosters....I think a solution may lie somewhere in between both or maybe Furner because at least you know your attack will be sorted meaning you may get the best out of Hunt and Norman who are taking up $2M of your cap between them..

BLM01

First Grade
Best attacking coach is David Furner - he had Souths humming last year with all those varieties of attacking plays... the best defensive coach is Craig Fitzgibbon doing miracles at Roosters....I think a solution may lie somewhere in between both or maybe Furner because at least you know your attack will be sorted meaning you may get the best out of Hunt and Norman who are taking up $2M of your cap between them..
Not according to Souths players. They reckon JD is better

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Another player that wants out.

Seen with Maguire having dinner. The poor kid who everyone recognizes has potential is being whored around the back line and his confidence in his footy being shot.

Seriously what else needs to happen for our board to realize we are a basket case due to this ego maniac.

Last edited by a moderator:

hazzbeen

Bench
Another player that wants out.

Seen with Maguire having dinner. The poor kid who everyone recognizes has potential is being whored around the back line and his confidence in his footy being shot.

Seriously what else needs to happen for our board to realize we are a basket case due to this ego maniac.
So we look like losing the best center we have and still playing the worst 3 and 4 in the comp .....Very sad if true.....