What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I really don’t know what to say . That is so indicative of the St.George Illawarra pathway system - young players with so much potential whom are given very limited top grade experience , are then told to move elsewhere. In their case definitely to greener pastures where their true talent will be realized.

Big Luc could be anything and if they do give him the royal shove then he will come back and bite McGregor right on his butt . As to Kerr and Timm , once again they were frontrowers awaiting their opportunity . I know a couple of journeymen who should had made way for both of them . Kerr and Timm , both big fellas who would had made a difference to our 2019 campaign if only they had been given the chance - but the maestro knows best .

GA67,

I love our Pathways system.
It all leads to 'The House With No Steps' which in itself, is a charity.

Gareth67

First Grade
With respect to the Dragons 2nd ‘favorite ‘ son ,I cannot see Merrin making the contribution that is required to have our forward pack become feared by the opposition . The man will be running on tired legs , so the only benefit that I can see is that he and Jimmy Graham will running at the same pace .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With respect to the Dragons 2nd ‘favorite ‘ son ,I cannot see Merrin making the contribution that is required to have our forward pack become feared by the opposition . The man will be running on tired legs , so the only benefit that I can see is that he and Jimmy Graham will running at the same pace .
The most annoying thing is we have a great prop languishing in reserves that hasn't even had a shot in Timm. He's that low centre of gravity barrel shaped beast that will compliment the height and mobility of a Vaughan or Kerr nicely which will allow us to save a bit of coin for some outside backs.

Dragonsamy

Bench
The most annoying thing is we have a great prop languishing in reserves that hasn't even had a shot in Timm. He's that low centre of gravity barrel shaped beast that will compliment the height and mobility of a Vaughan or Kerr nicely which will allow us to save a bit of coin for some outside backs.

Forbes couldn't agree more re timm but he disagreed with Mary and that was that.
Mcroadblock will never give him a chance.
Sadly

Does anyone have any updates on Curtis Scott from the Storm. His name has been floated around a bit.
I watched him very closely the past two games for the Storm and his decision making in defence is far superior to what we have now in the centres.
A centre combo of Scott and Lomax in both attack and defence helps the entire team immensely from what we had this year.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Does anyone have any updates on Curtis Scott from the Storm. His name has been floated around a bit.
I watched him very closely the past two games for the Storm and his decision making in defence is far superior to what we have now in the centres.
A centre combo of Scott and Lomax in both attack and defence helps the entire team immensely from what we had this year.

Update: he ain’t coming, hence the interest in the Parramatta first grader.

qld redvee

Juniors
Heard Greg Leleisiuao may be on his way, haven't seen a lot of him he looks a beast but not super fast.

I realise we need a real good finisher however with pearson rav and peirera signed for next year can we afford to sign him We hope saab can nail down 1 wing spot and then we have supercoach and his potential wingers in sailor and lomax ... I would hope that Flanno can some how have control over players with an eye to the future and cut supercoach out of the equation. we really need 'quality ' or good work in progress players in CC to put pressure on the top 17 . Why we signed rav and pearson for 2 years upfront is a bit strange considering Timm was signed for 12 months I suppose we are lucky maranta only signed for 1 year

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I realise we need a real good finisher however with pearson rav and peirera signed for next year can we afford to sign him We hope saab can nail down 1 wing spot and then we have supercoach and his potential wingers in sailor and lomax ... I would hope that Flanno can some how have control over players with an eye to the future and cut supercoach out of the equation. we really need 'quality ' or good work in progress players in CC to put pressure on the top 17 . Why we signed rav and pearson for 2 years upfront is a bit strange considering Timm was signed for 12 months I suppose we are lucky maranta only signed for 1 year
I don't mind Pearson or Pereira to be honest. Pereira is a metre eater and Pearson especially in that final game showed his speed and also some big hits and drove a player over the sideline. I think with some work he can be very solid. Rava has too suspect hands for me and its always heart in mouth when he gets the ball. If I were him id have a crack at trying to be forward maybe even centre. We are getting no one of note and as you say the Eels bloke is probably a sideways trade at best, may as well give what we got a bit of coaching rather than waste money.

Bench
Timm is shown as unsigned next season, will be interesting to see if we sign him, but why would he want to stay
He was listed as a player of the year for being best prop in the CC.
Looks like he could develop into a very good prop
But it seems he is on the outer with the club, it will be interesting to see if he gets the flick
His mother posted on Facebook how proud she was when he signed with us

SAP58

Juniors
Timm is shown as unsigned next season, will be interesting to see if we sign him, but why would he want to stay
But it seems he is on the outer with the club, it will be interesting to see if he gets the flick
It appears he is on the outer with the coach for some unexplained reason, it will be interesting if that changes when the new assistant coach arrives if its not too late by the time that happens.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It appears he is on the outer with the coach for some unexplained reason, it will be interesting if that changes when the new assistant coach arrives if its not too late by the time that happens.
I have a theory that they have not played him yet in FG because they do intend on signing him but if he’d played FG and killed it his asking price would go up. Maybe I’m giving Millward too much credit.

George Dragon

Juniors
T
I have a theory that they have not played him yet in FG because they do intend on signing him but if he’d played FG and killed it his asking price would go up. Maybe I’m giving Millward too much credit.
The club had a second year option on his contract which they didn't take up.
He will not be at the club next year.