What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not sure mate but young John Fonua played both trials for us and is not in the top 30, he looked decent and can play anywhere in the backline maybe they are looking to promote him and are happy to let Jennings go to get him in???

As i said he is a good trainer, always gives 100% and has an excellent carry from his own end just don't except much more.

Or, maybe this you guys wanted to sign Jai Field (upgrade from his T&T deal), but that would have blocked someone like young Fonua. Releasing JG, signing JF still gives you the option of promoting a junior like Fonua.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Or, maybe this you guys wanted to sign Jai Field (upgrade from his T&T deal), but that would have blocked someone like young Fonua. Releasing JG, signing JF still gives you the option of promoting a junior like Fonua.
Yep could be, because we are light in outside backs ourselves this season. We are just one injury away from Takarangi playing a full season in the centres for us.

18to87

First Grade
Low cost signing
Our focus is moving out aitken and Lafai end of this year unless we see an amazing change in perfomance

My gut feeling is both Lafai and aitken will leavr fot OS mid season so we need williame and a jennings to cover for our juniors 2020 and 2021

We have a stack of junior backs coming thru so a player lile Jennings for peanuts makes sense if true as he can play wing and centre and good depth
Do you have any info on this? I am so done with watching Lafai and Aitken, that even watching Williame and Jennings, as mediocre as they might end up being, would give me some excitement for the season.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Considering K.Sims recurring arm issues, Kerr injury cloud, an aging Graham on his last legs and no JDB - I would have thought any last additions to the squad would have been for another middle forward.
We are definitely up against it injury wise but even with what we have left its likely some good players will miss out. Given that McInnes is out we will be carrying a hooker on the bench so that leaves 3 spots. We will start with Vaughan, Graham, Friz, Sims and Merrin with Lawrie, Host, Fuimaono, Ford, and possibly Ivan to fight it out for those 3 remaining spots. We are short a prop or two for sure, once Kerr and K.Sims are back though its looking a pretty solid pack with some good players to miss out. Personally for the first few weeks id like to see Merrin on the bench as a prop. Our bench is looking quite weak and would be good to not lose too much at the first rotation. I would start with Host at 13, my two bench props would be Merrin and Lawrie with Ford as a second row replacement and outside back utility if needed. My 4th bench spot would be Isaac Luke, I would start with Billy Brittain as he looks very controlled and really get the forwards rolling and will get us off to a good start. Luke is a good dummy half runner and can come on to add impact and experience off the bench.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yep could be, because we are light in outside backs ourselves this season. We are just one injury away from Takarangi playing a full season in the centres for us.
That's how it should be though really, not all teams are like the Rorters. When you have wingers like Fergo and Sivo, the backup outside backs are highly likely to be journeyman, plodders or very raw juniors, otherwise they wouldn't be content to sit by waiting for an injury. Problem with us is our first choice outside backs are all basically most teams backup standards and our backups are rejects from the last chance saloon. For the record id take Takariangi over Aitken and even throw some money your way.

Crush

Coach
At the moment we have too many very good FG wingers (3+). The centres have been our problem for years. The wingers are scapegoats - don’t be fooled.
Yeah nah. The centres are definitely the main problem but the wingers are not "very good FG wingers"
Rava is a work in progress at best. He does some good things but plenty of bad.
Pereira is a fringe FG winger IMO. He is nothing special and a finisher at best.
Saab showed in one trial that he is also a work in progress and still lacks the smarts at this stage.
Welcome to the forum BTW.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's how it should be though really, not all teams are like the Rorters. When you have wingers like Fergo and Sivo, the backup outside backs are highly likely to be journeyman, plodders or very raw juniors, otherwise they wouldn't be content to sit by waiting for an injury. Problem with us is our first choice outside backs are all basically most teams backup standards and our backups are rejects from the last chance saloon. For the record id take Takariangi over Aitken and even throw some money your way.
Taka is big and skilful but a walking brain fart and a liability in defence. I reckon he'd make most teams top 17's but he isn't s starting centre anymore. And yes we all can't have the depth of the Rorters :)

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It just seems some of our winger rejects always find a FG spot in another team. Nene, Garrick and now Pearson.
Nene wasn't a reject he left for a better deal, Pearson is a backup winger, Don and Sammy will start. Garrick was a loss no doubt but DCE is a very very good club halfback and gets some good ball out that way regularly. He wouldn't look half as good for us. For the record I thought Pearson had promise and outside a decent centre like Wiliame would have looked pretty decent but we will never know.

Crush

Coach
It just seems some of our winger rejects always find a FG spot in another team. Nene, Garrick and now Pearson.
Nene and Pearson have bounced around a bit from club to club. When they are on they are quite good but I wouldn't classify them as very good FG wingers.
Garrick had a great season last year, he may be one that got away.
I am hoping Rava and Saab develop, I reckon they both have potential.

It will be hard to justify giving a hotly contested spot to someone outside the current group.

I hope who ever is signed is seen as a backup - content to bide their time in CC - help push Saab along.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It will be hard to justify giving a hotly contested spot to someone outside the current group.

I hope who ever is signed is seen as a backup - content to bide their time in CC - help push Saab along.
Yeah they definitely will be, there is no way they are giving a spot so someone they haven't even trained with but hopefully at very least he plays centre in CC with Saab outside him If they strike up a decent combo and Aitken and Rava fail its a ready made combination.

Latest posts