What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If anyone thinks we’re a better team without Tariq Sims then you are delusional. He’s one of the few who has pride in the jersey & any criticism of his game can be directly linked to Griffin’s tactics of constantly playing short to the 2nd rowers with no space.

Yes you are correct I am a consistent critic of Griffin, he’s leading us to the abyss. It’s frustrating that I’m one of the few who sees it. It’ll give me no pleasure at all to remind you all of my concerns in 2022.
We are on the rebuild so 22 probably won’t be spectacular either no matter who coaches us but 2023 and beyond is where we need to look. Sims won’t be setting the world on fire then I’m sure. We have Sua sorted, so another good dynamic back rower and we are looking a lot better.

denis preston

First Grade
He is still worth having around the club for a few more years.
What does "worth having around the club "mean ? Surely not anywhere near what he is paid now and if you think different then perhaps this is why our forwards have been our major problem the past two seasons. You have to perform & consistently , something that most here acknowledge he hasn't been able to do.

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Well, i guess that you have to have belief that he is going to be a good to very good NRL halfback and your deal certainly does that and ties him up for 5 years. It would be very interesting to compare this to Lomax's contract. If he is on more than 500-550k a year it is overs and Sullivan already represents better value. In all that i'm still getting over Debellin getting a payrise of 200-250k a year for not playing !
200-250 k pay rise a year ,ahh they gota give a brother a hand

Gareth67

First Grade
A running Viliame Kikau just set up
A try for Penrith. Any limitations to Sims’s game are directly due to our pathetic tactics. Our 2nd towers never get any running room.

Unfortunately Simms is and has been running on tired legs for some time , Kikua is young and has plenty of go in his - that’s the difference , not the coach , but purely and simply age has just about caught up with the man .

denis preston

First Grade
Exactly.
The last coach had the chance to use him & Friz for that matter properly whilst they had miles in their legs but instead chose to run them into the ground as battering rams & when injured at times.
Yes, well said. We covered this earlier in the week with recruitment. We need younger forwards with fire in their bodies & hearts. Geez Hook is a conundrum at times with the Norman / Bird selections but then he is rebuilding the side very well.Perhaps we need a very good assistant coach to handle the side ! Hannay ?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I think it is more so that we need more than what Sims is giving us for the $ he is on

We are in a cycle of needing a 3 to 4 year player that can lead one of edges

Sims is in a cycle of needing long term contract money that we dont have for him

There wouldnt be a player not on notice......Sims included

8 wins was terrible and every player needs to be held to account

Crush

Coach
how do I block maddragon99? his agenda ruins the threads and he is so negative in this place its disgusting. I'm convinced he's a troll and not a true supporter. I'm here for discussion not for a closed off prick who pushes his agenda any chance he gets.
Click on his/her username then click “ignore”. You won’t see their posts anymore.

Old Timer

Coach
Sims fast becoming the new Olsen Filipano…
Only performs when he dons a rep jersey..
And Brian "Chicka" Moore before Olsen.

His best performances for the "bluebags" were always in the game immediately before any rep teams were to be announced and often not sighted otherwise.

Not that he got picked that many times but for sure he always lifted to fly his flag for a chance at being able to attain higher honours and when he did get them he looked a far better player in better company as does Sims.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
And Brian "Chicka" Moore before Olsen.

His best performances for the "bluebags" were always in the game immediately before any rep teams were to be announced and often not sighted otherwise.

Not that he got picked that many times but for sure he always lifted to fly his flag for a chance at being able to attain higher honours and when he did get them he looked a far better player in better company as does Sims.
Dane Gagai is a good example too. World beater in a maroon jersey, not so good for the bunnies or the Knights previously.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Dane Gagai is a good example too. World beater in a maroon jersey, not so good for the bunnies or the Knights previously.
The majority on here like Tariq , and its tough to move them on when the form starts to slide South but the hefty pay packet remains the same..;Tough conversations and decisions have to be made , to get us back on track as a serious finals contender and a side rivals sides respect.......

denis preston

First Grade
Just changing tact here. For all of us frustrated with the WIN side of the merger, they look like they will get approval for a 400 million development right in the centre of Wollongong ! Sort of frustrating isn't it as we are getting bare minimum from them ( and np help on 3Rd party ) yet they can splurge out on this.? Perhaps part of the tender process should be when builders are tendering is a one million 3RD party donation !

mickeylane

Bench
The majority on here like Tariq , and its tough to move them on when the form starts to slide South but the hefty pay packet remains the same..;Tough conversations and decisions have to be made , to get us back on track as a serious finals contender and a side rivals sides respect.......
If Sims could deliver the 2018 semis version of himself and he can sign for another 2 years...but he can't....that's the sad fact...I still think though he could be a great impact forward off the bench next year only...a wrecking ball in defense and aggressive charge downs of kicks ..