What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
Can anyone explain how to get access to JA? I have tried to apply in the past after I reached the minimum post count, but I am still unable to view that particular forum. I am very keen to read the articles in relation to the joint venture and the other gear reported last weekend in the Telegraph.

Mate if you have reached the min posts standard ( which you have ), , then you should have access to JA.

Mods anyone help out @Shaun_Timmins pls.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Can anyone explain how to get access to JA? I have tried to apply in the past after I reached the minimum post count, but I am still unable to view that particular forum. I am very keen to read the articles in relation to the joint venture and the other gear reported last weekend in the Telegraph.
Can I second this JA request? Just tried to join and I get a "something went wrong" message

possm

Coach
Maybe Widdop is just there as a Dragons old boy, near to his family and helping out Amone and Sullivan readiness for first grade. I dont see other clubs jumping for his services, so players need options post their playing career. Also last years injury toll was shocking so having Widdop around the squad could help if an emergency is needed to be covered. Sowie and Widdop could help develop our future number 6 and 7 stars for 2023 and beyond.
Widdop would be OK as a non playing mentor for our halves however, I'd say that Ash Taylor is the one to snare prior to him coming to an agreement with the Warriors.

randomdragon

Juniors
I think it's a huge deal we can't sign top line players. It won't change until we win some games and become something other than a rabble. That's how we are viewed. Hope the new faces and young guns can salvage this.
you're kidding aren't you? bulldogs barely won a game last year and have signed plenty. Knights a few years Ago won like 2 games and got who they wanted. irrelevant point.

thebigredv

First Grade
you're kidding aren't you? bulldogs barely won a game last year and have signed plenty. Knights a few years Ago won like 2 games and got who they wanted. irrelevant point.

Kidding about what? Our squad has fallen WAY short of first grade measure the last three years. We can ignore it or do something about it.

Bulldogs had to get their cap in order and have been flailing for a while. Now they are making their charge with brilliant recruitment. It will improve them no doubt. Also it can backfire down the track with big money contracts but it is an effort to change their fortunes on the field and I have to respect them for that. It brings excitement to the club and hope to the supporter base. So many like to scoff at it because they hate the Dogs. I'm not jealous but I would love top line players to be backing our club in the same way by signing on the line.

We too have been flailing for a while and active in recruitment only we clearly are going to cheap route and backing the juniors. November is nearing an end and I'm yet to see us make a move to land much in the way to replace a portion of the value of McIness, Vaughan and Frizell type players. Marquee hooker, prop and second row. Crying out for at least one of them who can be the lynchpin for an ailing and inferior first grade forward pack that we have been lamenting for a while.

I understand backing the youth, I do support it. But having just watched a player like Dufty not quite make it and leave, I'm worried we may over invest there and wind up right back where we are now without a bit of a contingency plan and a bit of fight in the market to remain a competitive squad.

denis preston

First Grade
Widdop would be OK as a non playing mentor for our halves however, I'd say that Ash Taylor is the one to snare prior to him coming to an agreement with the Warriors.
No offence Poss but don't you see that signing up Taylor now , when our future star halfback is negotiating his contract with us, will only jeopardize this and could send Sullivan elsewhere ?

Latest posts