What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
No offence Poss but don't you see that signing up Taylor now , when our future star halfback is negotiating his contract with us, will only jeopardize this and could send Sullivan elsewhere ?
We have signed Sullivan for 3 years, so no more of this Taylor or Sullivan rubbish. I say:

1. Sloan - Mbye as backup
6. Amone - Mbye as backup
7. Sullivan - Taylor as backup
9. Hunt - in rotation with McCullough

This is our best spine option.

TruSaint

Referee
I wish my wife would give me “sufficient privileges” every now and then.

hahaha-laugh.gif

The Word

Juniors
Plus with Sims not wanting to go early I’m not sure there was space. If they are also talking to Sloan and Amone about contract extensions, they won’t know how much they will have available under the cap for this last spot at the moment. These young guys need to be signed up to multiple year deals so will affect our cap for the next 3 to 4 years. committing to a marquee player before they have re-signed all the juniors could put either the Sloan or Amone deals at risk.

Dragonflies

Juniors
We have signed Sullivan for 3 years, so no more of this Taylor or Sullivan rubbish. I say:

1. Sloan - Mbye as backup
6. Amone - Mbye as backup
7. Sullivan - Taylor as backup
9. Hunt - in rotation with McCullough

This is our best spine option.

100 % best spine ,if griffo is serious thats what he should work towards quickly.

possm

Coach
Why Taylor? Hunt‘s an excellent hooker and halfback. I don’t think we need to buy another half, especially one who’s form has steadily declined.
'You may be right, I may be Crazy'.
Who will be our halves in reserve grade with Sullivan, Hunt, Amone, Mbye, and Bird all in our 17?

Gareth67

First Grade
Should both Sullivan and Amone prove their worth in the early stage of the season , then Griffin will need to bite the bullet and move Hunt to the position that best suits the team , that being hooker .

Regardless of what his own feelings may be on the matter Hunt himself will need to accept that and look upon such a decision as making the Dragons a more potent team in attack .

But of course that all depends upon just how quickly the two young guns can adapt to life in the NRL on a weekly basis .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Should both Sullivan and Amone prove their worth in the early stage of the season , then Griffin will need to bite the bullet and move Hunt to the position that best suits the team .

Regardless of what his own feelings may be on the matter Hunt himself will need to accept that and look upon such a decision as making the Dragons a more potent team in attack .

But of course that all depends upon just how quickly the two young guns can adapt to life in the NRL on a weekly basis .
Are you sure Sullivan will even be playing NRL early in the season mate?
I doubt it. With Mbye at the club now, I see Hook starting Sullivan at halfback in reserve grade.

Gareth67

First Grade
Are you sure Sullivan will even be playing NRL early in the season mate?
I doubt it. With Mbye at the club now, I see Hook starting Sullivan at halfback in reserve grade.
No mate I am not , everything is purely conjecture in this the silly season . I am quite sure that Griffin will have his own ideas and will more than likely experiment with the make-up of the team during the pre-season and first few games .

Although in saying that he will not be able to afford to take too long in deciding just what run on squad will get the job done - each game is worth 2 competition points , the more the better at seasons end.

mickeylane

Bench
I think it's a huge deal we can't sign top line players. It won't change until we win some games and become something other than a rabble. That's how we are viewed. Hope the new faces and young guns can salvage this.
Why are the Bulldogs winning games?
it’s all about the influencers in the club , guys like Gus and Laundy are big players and know how to pull in big players - also Trent has a good reputation as a players coach .. why on earth would a player go to the Bulldogs after their recent seasons? Remembering Matt Burton is on $450k a season and Paul Vaughan on $500k all unders in my books.. big personalities and coaches pull in big players … we have neither … up until now a ghost of a Chairman in Gordon and a derailed coach in Griffith …..