What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I thought most on here were against signing old players at the end of their playing careers. Weve been doing it and not bringing through our own juniors. We need to change our attitude and start rewarding our juniors before they decide to leave because we cant fit them into 1st grade. I thought this years signings were terrible-look at Burgess. Forget the past and start moving forward.Frizell is past it and he left-move on

Parko1310

Juniors
I thought most on here were against signing old players at the end of their playing careers. Weve been doing it and not bringing through our own juniors. We need to change our attitude and start rewarding our juniors before they decide to leave because we cant fit them into 1st grade. I thought this years signings were terrible-look at Burgess. Forget the past and start moving forward.Frizell is past it and he left-move on
Which junior is going to play second-row?

The Word

Juniors
Coric is in the top 30, Antrobus i think is gone and I think Shereb will be part of the development squad again.
Thanks Parko. It's a shame but looks like they haven't set the world on fire yet. I assume it's the same for Muhleisen, with the signing of Liddle plus the young lad from the Storm.

Parko1310

Juniors
Thanks Parko. It's a shame but looks like they haven't set the world on fire yet. I assume it's the same for Muhleisen, with the signing of Liddle plus the young lad from the Storm.
Yes, although in the case of Coric I think he'll at least play firsts at some stage. He did drift between seconds and flegg but mostly played seconds. Front rowers do tend to come in to grade older than most backs. Shereb played mostly in flegg last year, so I'm not too sure how he's progressing.

justadragon

Bench
I know the article is from The Mole, but there are a couple of Dragons related bits in this article which might be of interest -

I would think it would be embarrassing for Frizell to return considering the reason he gave for leaving in the first place, I would still prefer to focus on someone younger with a lot of upside whilst Frizell has remained one dimensional, i dont question his effort whilst he was at the Dragons but it has taken its toll, so being only a super cheap buy for one year would be my utmost consideration.

As for the young gun leaving, well that is just another BS story that keeps the momentum of bagging the Dragons going, pretty soon they will say that a kid playing in the park around the Illawarra STgeorge area has been lost because his family moved somewhere else, please spare me.

possm

Coach
I just hope that De Belin develops into one of the game's best props in 2023. He could be a great asset to our team if he could lift to the next level.

De Belin
Molo
Musgrave
Lawrie

These props really need to lift their game in 2023.

Which junior is going to play second-row?
I dont know the squad well enough to know that,but if we keep buying everyone else throwaways we'll never find out. Weve got lots of juniors-how about we give them a go. I'm sick of hearing were in a rebuilding stage-if we are, then stick to it and start with a young squad and build it, just like Penrith have done. We constantly complain about losing our juniors, but we do bugger all to give them a go. Look at Corey Norman for gods sake-he just kept getting selected while everyone except management knew he was crap. I want to see something different for once, and using our juniors is a great start

Parko1310

Juniors
I dont know the squad well enough to know that,but if we keep buying everyone else throwaways we'll never find out. Weve got lots of juniors-how about we give them a go. I'm sick of hearing were in a rebuilding stage-if we are, then stick to it and start with a young squad and build it, just like Penrith have done. We constantly complain about losing our juniors, but we do bugger all to give them a go. Look at Corey Norman for gods sake-he just kept getting selected while everyone except management knew he was crap. I want to see something different for once, and using our juniors is a great start
We currently don't have any juniors in the second-row that are near stepping up to first grade. So, there are situations when it is in a club's best interest to recruit externally. As it stands for 2023, we have Su'a locked in on one edge. we could put Bird on the other, however with an already thin front row, this would mean putting de belin at lock and weaking the front row even further. The other options are starting Billy Burns or Tyrell Fuimaono. Or god forbid another Josh Kerr second row experiment. Give me Frizell for 2023 out of the options any day of the week.