What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade

Top 5 players still available for 2023;

1) Matthew Eisenhuth (Penrith) From what I’ve seen of him he’s a solid player

2) Matt Doorey (Canterbury) I don’t know anything about him

3) Wade Graham (Cronulla) A washed up veteran so would fit our profile

4) Matt Lodge (Roosters) PLEASE NO!

5) Martin Taupau (Manly) Veteran who still goes ok.

Taupau & Eisenhuth are the only two players I’d be interested in.
I'd take Lodge as he adds grunt we need but Roosters will resign him.
But if that is the top 5 I look forward to 2024's signings.

Maddragon99

Juniors
This is what should happen and if it doesn't then Hook has completely lost the plot , but then again he never had it to lose it in the first place ......
The Liddle signing is a head scratcher, McCullough is still on the books & Hook has shown over & over that McCullough is his first choice dummy half. Then add in Mbye, Hunt & Sullivan it looks to me we are pretty well covered there. All you can read into it is that Hook has absolutely no intention of playing Hunt at 9 regardless of form or injury.

Parko1310

Juniors
Agree that Feagai has underestimated skills which could suit any of wing, centre or full-back and has to be in the backline somewhere- where is the more pressing question. I'm not convinced about his top end pace and with a relatively slow winger like Rava and two big centres in Suli and Lomax, I worry that we've sacrificed speed for size by picking him on the wing.

In the past, given our dearth of attacking edge forwards, I've advocated for Lomax to move to an edge forward role but given his late season aerial success, maybe he should stay where he is and we move Suli- who has a forward's body-to the left edge forward role and Matt F to left centre . New left winger (Sloan ?- but ANYONE BUT MOGA) then needed. Comments?
It's a dilemma for sure, but for now i think our centres pick themselves. It should stay Lomax and Suli for mine. I definitely think Suli is more of a centre than an edge forward. I'd have concerns about Suli's hands when taking short balls to hit holes on the edge when defenders are lining up to potentially hit him as soon as he gets it. His defence at centre was also surprisingly very good this year and improved out of sight compared to his previous years in first grade.

justadragon

Bench
Hunt being selected as our 9 by Hook would do Hook some favours in my opinion. The Australian reports through Buzz Rothfield that one of the Dragons major sponsors, TripADeal, has urged the club to support Hook. Full details are behind the usual paywall unfortunately.
So now TripADeal has become a coaching entity, I think any story that has Hook or the Dragons attached to it will be published by any media platform these days, Did we hear from any sponsors when Hasler got sacked ??? Obviously our sponsors must be content with the performance of our club and expect nothing more next year or into the future.

jak

Bench
Hunt being selected as our 9 by Hook would do Hook some favours in my opinion. The Australian reports through Buzz Rothfield that one of the Dragons major sponsors, TripADeal, has urged the club to support Hook. Full details are behind the usual paywall unfortunately.
dave, your older and smarter than me, so why are you reading anything buzz rothfield writes

Dragon David

First Grade
dave, your older and smarter than me, so why are you reading anything buzz rothfield writes
Hi jak

I might be older but maybe not anywhere near as smart as you. Just like the journos need to write rubbish stuff, I like to let you guys see what they are saying particularly when things are a bit quiet. All the more for you to comment on and rubbish me on as well.

Cheers DD

charlesv

Juniors
So now TripADeal has become a coaching entity, I think any story that has Hook or the Dragons attached to it will be published by any media platform these days, Did we hear from any sponsors when Hasler got sacked ??? Obviously our sponsors must be content with the performance of our club and expect nothing more next year or into the future.
why didnt he get involved with Hasler's sacking they sponsor Manly as well :(

Latest posts